Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:24:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Vic and Bob-new series of Big Night Out

Started by Phoenix Lazarus, December 15, 2017, 06:56:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the science eel

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on December 06, 2018, 01:46:06 PM
Yes, the "South African Yarpie" absolutely killed me. 

That was the highlight for me. Made up for the missing Novelty Island.

And I'm growing fond of that closing song. It's actually really sweet.

Twed

Quote from: Twed on December 05, 2018, 12:26:59 PM
Was really underwhelmed by this, thought "snipers dream AGAIN?" and then realised I was watching the pilot.
Watching the actual episodes and yep, they're great! Really feels like they hit a natural groove.

Re where Bob goes for a kip after finishing work:

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on December 06, 2018, 02:08:49 PM
Great, I was worried it might have been Homebase or Wickes.
NO! NO NO NO!
It is actually "the car park of the local Odeon, near the gym."

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

I was defending their revisiting ideas last week, but crikey, there was a lot of repurposed material in that un!

The gooseberry and fireball segments were stellar, mind - glad to see Mr Onions' facial rash had cleared up.

Alberon

What everyone said about the second episode, basically.

Mrs Alberon looked up from her magazine during the gooseberry bit, looked at me cracking up on the sofa and said "Is this supposed to be funny?"

DrGreggles

I think the reveal of this is the hardest I've laughed at anything all year.

Norton Canes

God yes.

Caught up with these last night, didn't even realise the series had started. Laughed practically non-stop through both episodes, particularly the second one, with that shoulder-shaking quiet laugh that just seizes you uncontrollably. I hadn't seen any of the material before so it was all gloriously new to me. Has there ever been a comedy double act with such incredible synchronicity? 

gmoney

I think my favourite bit was the booing of Bob's anniversary of his heart bypass. I was expecting silence, so the heavy booing set me off.

Quote from: gmoney on December 07, 2018, 11:49:59 AM
I think my favourite bit was the booing of Bob's anniversary of his heart bypass. I was expecting silence, so the heavy booing set me off.

Yeah that and Bob's crestfallen face plus the fella shouting "ARSEHOLE" really set me laughing.

:(

Lots of good stuff. Am thoroughly enjoying so far.

Replies From View

I'm enjoying these too.  They feel very fresh.

Replies From View

SteveDave

Quote from: Tony Yeboah on December 06, 2018, 10:30:25 AM
They used a couple of Tim Vine's jokes at the start of the second episode.

Or Peter Beardsley's...

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Has Bob had veneers put on his teeth? They look very white.

Replies From View

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on December 09, 2018, 11:45:53 AM
Has Bob had veneers put on his teeth? They look very white.

This might answer your question, from 'Would I Lie To You?':  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgI3Y7gxMO4

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Ah. He must have got hold of some hydrogen peroxide. Same place he gets the Fuji stuff from probably.

olliebean

Who is George Ezra, and why was he singing a David Brent song?

DrGreggles

Quote from: olliebean on December 12, 2018, 10:32:27 PM
Who is George Ezra

My thoughts exactly.
I mean, Sting may well be a cunt, but at least I've heard of him!

St_Eddie

Quote from: olliebean on December 12, 2018, 10:32:27 PM
Who is George Ezra, and why was he singing a David Brent song?

Haha!  I thought the exact same thing!

c

The David Attenborough camera men were the highlight of the series so far for me. Bob's placement alone was hilarious and then his expression... I couldn't hear what Vic was saying for the sound of my own laughter

DrGreggles

Quote from: c on December 13, 2018, 08:00:33 AM
The David Attenborough camera men were the highlight of the series so far for me. Bob's placement alone was hilarious and then his expression... I couldn't hear what Vic was saying for the sound of my own laughter

"OH YEAH!"

Fucking loved that. Had to watch it back again immediately because I couldn't hear Vic either.

Swoz_MK

In the freerunners sketch what was Vic's line about not changing his bedsheets? Fuck me it made my head hurt from laughing.

DrGreggles

It's not really a return to BNO though. It's more of a celebration, as per the tour shows a couple of years back.

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

They also don't seem to know which one's which.

St_Eddie

Quote from: c on December 13, 2018, 02:34:58 PM
Does this reviewer understand that Big Night Out is "what made them famous" and that this is a return? 

https://www.standard.co.uk/stayingin/tvfilm/vic-bob-s-big-night-out-still-fun-but-stars-of-zany-comedy-can-shoot-higher-and-don-t-hit-the-dove-a4015706.html

Pretty clear that the writer thinks that the only thing that Vic and Bob have done previous to this new series of Big Night Out is Shooting Stars.  It's downright shameful to have absolutely no knowledge about their critically acclaimed revival of Randall & Hopkirk (Deceased)!

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: DrGreggles on December 13, 2018, 08:33:54 AM
"OH YEAH!"

Interesting that Bob's used that Andyism a couple of times in this series.

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on December 13, 2018, 06:42:36 PM
Interesting that Bob's used that Andyism a couple of times in this series.

Pretty sure that originated with Bob. And then Andy added his spin by repeating it and doing it a bit too much.