Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:53:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Vic and Bob-new series of Big Night Out

Started by Phoenix Lazarus, December 15, 2017, 06:56:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

I love the recurring joke of Vic asking Bob if he can make the skin of his face slop forwards and reveal something underneath.

jobotic

Quote from: the science eel on December 01, 2018, 05:05:04 PM
Yeah. it really is mostly about enjoying the two lovely old fellas just messing about together.

Is there ANYONE else on telly today doing anything even remotely similar (daft wigs/false heads/catchphrases/props)? As much as I love them I think they have a huge advantage in that they have that whole section of the comedy stage just for themselves.

Wasn't that thing that Greg Davies was in a bit like that? Just not much cop.

Just thinking, it's going to be thirty years since BNO first aired, in about eighteen months, like.

c

Cor, there's the full 1991 live show on YT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB-ZSbcwzhI

Going to watch and see if it's better than the newun

UPDATE: I prefer Bob leaning on the desk when he chats with Vic

TheMonk

Quote from: mojo filters on December 01, 2018, 01:05:57 PM
However I'm not entirely sure why Vic & Bob are attempting to recreate the past all of a sudden. I thought Shooting Stars was a brilliant move, and whilst far from perfect - I admired their ambition in attempting House of Fools.
I think this is completely down to what they can get on TV.
They couldn't get another series of House Of Fools up from memory.

Avril Lavigne

Quote from: c on December 01, 2018, 11:12:50 PM
Cor, there's the full 1991 live show on YT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB-ZSbcwzhI

Going to watch and see if it's better than the newun

UPDATE: I prefer Bob leaning on the desk when he chats with Vic

Is that a young Vaun (AKA Tom Cruise / Chris Evans) at 23.18?

bobloblaw

Quote from: Replies From View on December 01, 2018, 06:12:07 PM
I love the recurring joke of Vic asking Bob if he can make the skin of his face slop forwards and reveal something underneath.

yes - made me think of his Twin Peaks bit

https://cimg.tvgcdn.net/i/2017/08/14/0b1cd809-e9cc-4f95-bd3f-108409b6585e/twinpeaks-3x14sarah.gif

buzby

Quote from: Avril Lavigne on December 01, 2018, 11:48:49 PM
Is that a young Vaun (AKA Tom Cruise / Chris Evans) at 23.18?
Coming out from under the desk? Looks like the Booze For Baby bloke (Mike Wattam?).

Avril Lavigne

Quote from: buzby on December 02, 2018, 12:20:57 PM
Coming out from under the desk? Looks like the Booze For Baby bloke (Mike Wattam?).

Ah yes, I think you're right.

RicoMNKN

Quote from: the science eel on December 01, 2018, 05:05:04 PM
Is there ANYONE else on telly today doing anything even remotely similar (daft wigs/false heads/catchphrases/props)? As much as I love them I think they have a huge advantage in that they have that whole section of the comedy stage just for themselves.

Harry Hill's Alien Fun Capsule is the only one I can think of  (on British TV at least).

chrispmartha

Must say, second viewing of this last night and I thought it was even better than the first, very much classic Vic & Bob, the cowboy thing on novelty island floored me.

Is there any where to buy the full smell of on download? It was such a massive part of my life I'd like to relive it again!

Twed

Was really underwhelmed by this, thought "snipers dream AGAIN?" and then realised I was watching the pilot.

neveragain

Tonight's episode very strong I thought.

God, that bit with Vic's honking gooseberry in the suitcase creased me up. 

Agree about the suitcase. Was a shame that most of the best bits were recycled stuff that we've already seen before though. It was still a fun half hour. Nowhere near as good as last week's though.

Wet Blanket

I agree it didn't hit the heights of the opener - was the Ghost Watch clip lifted wholesale from Afternoon Delights? - but the highs were very good indeed. The gooseberry and the Kanye West's pants falling down song in particular.

the

Andrew Neil was the highlight of the show for me.

the science eel

Quote from: undergroundcow75 on December 06, 2018, 04:43:31 AM
Was a shame that most of the best bits were recycled stuff that we've already seen before though. It was still a fun half hour. Nowhere near as good as last week's though.

I really liked the 'FIREBALL WARNING' sketch. V & B in silly clothes doing silly regional accents is always going to work for me. But yeah, agree with what you've written there.

Are they lazy or busy or both or what? they only had to put four half-hour shows together!

the science eel

oh - and I howled at the line 'do otters eat Toffee Crisps?'

SpiderChrist

Quote from: the science eel on December 06, 2018, 09:28:16 AM
I really liked the 'FIREBALL WARNING' sketch. V & B in silly clothes doing silly regional accents is always going to work for me. But yeah, agree with what you've written there.

Are they lazy or busy or both or what? they only had to put four half-hour shows together!

I think they've both been quoted in the past as saying that they don't like to work too hard, I seem to recall Bob telling Reece Shearsmith something along those lines in that episode of chain reaction they did.

Jerzy Bondov

Quote from: SpiderChrist on December 06, 2018, 09:50:22 AM
I think they've both been quoted in the past as saying that they don't like to work too hard, I seem to recall Bob telling Reece Shearsmith something along those lines in that episode of chain reaction they did.
Is that where Bob says they get together and work for the morning and then he just goes and parks up outside B&Q and has a kip? Something like that

Tony Yeboah

They used a couple of Tim Vine's jokes at the start of the second episode. But gag theft/borrowing aside, I was cracking up with laughter a lot. Lots of hilarious stuff packed into 28 minutes, the first two episodes have been their funniest stuff as a duo in years.

Swoz_MK

2nd episode felt a lot like Bang Bang, bonus.

SteveDave

Quote from: c on December 01, 2018, 11:12:50 PM

Bob: "You're excitable young people aren't you?"
Vic: "That's my nephew"
Bob: "You haven't got a nephew...you've got a cat...that's dead"

Also "Bridge Over Troubled Water" and that oh-so important party tape!

chrispmartha

On first viewing I preferred this to the 1st episode, the gooseberry in a box and the guy playing the guitar with the one long leg floored me!

buzby

Quote from: the science eel on December 06, 2018, 09:28:16 AM
I really liked the 'FIREBALL WARNING' sketch. V & B in silly clothes doing silly regional accents is always going to work for me.
Another welcome return, this time of Mr. Onions from the Shooting Stars 'Cash For Mishaps' sketch.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: buzby on December 06, 2018, 11:53:36 AM
Another welcome return, this time of Mr. Onions from the Shooting Stars 'Cash For Mishaps' sketch.

Yes, the "South African Yarpie" absolutely killed me.  I missed most of the rest of the sketch cos I was laughing so hard, so I had to go back and watch it again.

And Tom Hanks' nose.  Particularly timely as I watched Cloud Atlas immediately before.

Learnt after the show that yer man Vaun was the bloke that Noel Edmonds told on Twitter he had terminal cancer cos he wasn't positive enough and then recommended that machine.

SteveDave

I loved it especially the Ghost Hunters bit and spotting Andy Falkous of McClusky and Future Of The Left fame in the audience. Next to my friend Michael. Who's his friends. Circles.

SpiderChrist

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on December 06, 2018, 10:03:16 AM
Is that where Bob says they get together and work for the morning and then he just goes and parks up outside B&Q and has a kip? Something like that

Aye, that's the very one

Jerzy Bondov

Quote from: SpiderChrist on December 06, 2018, 01:55:01 PM
Aye, that's the very one
Great, I was worried it might have been Homebase or Wickes.