Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:51:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Who fancies a sing song

Started by JoeyBananaduck, December 16, 2017, 08:57:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeyBananaduck

Any of you cats want to sing a song together? I was thinking something Christmassy, but then I thought you know what's easy and cool? Fly Me To The Moon. Just a little project for meself like, being in a bit of a malaise as I am. Don't worry if you can't sing well or your mic is a bit crap, it's just for us anyway. I'll do the editing and I'll assign lines and find a backing track. You'll sing your lines and put them on one of those sound sharing websites, I'll sync and mix it and we'll have a nice H.S. Art song. Let me know if you're up for it below.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I will only participate if the lyrics are Clowne-appropriate.

pancreas

I can't remember if you were here when we did this the last couple of times. They're in the Clowne! The Musical album---Mizbet the skull-fucking scarecrow and Gloylot Boswego (at the end).

Anyway, I am up for this. As is Janie Jones, I think. Do you have an arrangement? If you can get the Kirby Shaw SATB one, you'd be laughing. Unfortunately I can't seem to get hold of it.

This looks alright.

poo

This is weird - I've been playing around with this very tune recently.

Oh, and what do I need to do to persuade sumcunt to sing my "Favourite Things" one?

poo

Be honest with me - am I going to have to suck a cock to get this done?

Ferris

I've insisted it is in my contract.

hamfist

Quote from: poo on December 17, 2017, 12:15:51 PM
Oh, and what do I need to do to persuade sumcunt to sing my "Favourite Things" one?

I have an idea for that one but not had any time to do owt with it.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

I had an idea for it too. We may end up with multiple versions

pancreas

Me too. But if you guys are going to do it, I'd rather not be arsed.

hamfist

my idea involved different musical styles per verse, now if we were to agree on a key & rough tempo then we could maybe do a verse or more each & someone talented could bring it together

JoeyBananaduck

If someone would like to take over the project they're welcome to. I'm a bit poorly - well, a lot poorly, so it'll be a couple of days before I can get around to it. I could contribute in the meantime though if someone wants a stab at it.

pancreas

Quote from: JoeyBananaduck on December 18, 2017, 09:04:48 AM
If someone would like to take over the project they're welcome to. I'm a bit poorly - well, a lot poorly, so it'll be a couple of days before I can get around to it. I could contribute in the meantime though if someone wants a stab at it.

I think there are two projects: the favourite things and the come fly with me. I think the latter is yours to take up when you want.

JoeyBananaduck

I'm with you pancreas, cheers mate. Will get to Fly Me To The Moon tomorrow then and by all means let this serve as an organising thread for both.

Ray Travez

I'm interested in both, but I don't have a computer currently. If I can manage to record something on my phone, I'll do it that way.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Quote from: hamfist on December 17, 2017, 09:54:52 PM
my idea involved different musical styles per verse, now if we were to agree on a key & rough tempo then we could maybe do a verse or more each & someone talented could bring it together

Just to add my hat to the pile, I'm very much up for this. For my purposes G minor would do me key-wise but I'm fairly flexible on that. Tempo-wise I was planning on sticking to the same general ballpark as the original

poo

House party tonight before I leave to climb the Matterhorn. Gonna casually slip on Clowne The Musical when it's in full swing.