Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,478
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 03:48:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Social media misfire of the week

Started by Jobey, December 21, 2017, 03:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

biggytitbo

It was a very progressive apology though, starting defiant, then begrudgingly acknowledging the offense, ending up in a total grovelling backdown. Presumably the BBC had a word, with this years Apprentice starting filming soon.

garnish

The replies are mostly critical, sprinkled with a few references to snowflakes and how some people just like to be offended.

garnish

Kudos to this user for her in depth knowledge of Senegal's foreign aid distribution policies.

Soup

fucking political insight on that.

the island's doomed. burn it down. let me rule the ashes if only to demand they get burned again.

tony blair.

Paul Calf

garnish

Yeah actually now I've noticed she's called him 'Sir Sugar', I wonder if she's actual on a pisstake.  Well done, if so.

Paul Calf

Oh, 'Ashleigh'.

Naughty misgendering Calfy.

Buelligan

Quote from: garnish on June 20, 2018, 01:34:35 PM
Yeah actually now I've noticed she's called him 'Sir Sugar', I wonder if she's actual on a pisstake.  Well done, if so.

The correct form of address is actually Lord Sugartits of No Offence but Ashleigh obviously knows him well enough to be more familiar.

biggytitbo

'A group of cross-party peers including Alan Sugar have written a letter to Scotland Yard calling for an investigation into pro-Corbyn Facebook groups and forums which are anti-Semitic and "inciting violence".'

rjd2

idunnosomename

How did he even think that was funny? Haha they are black men! They look like people selling counterfeit goods! It's uncanny!!

momatt

It's almost as if Alan Sugar is a massive thick cunt with no social awareness.

Fambo Number Mive

Piers Morgan and Curtis Woodhouse are defending him. Curtis said "Lord Sugar said something stupid, nobody died. People calling for his head and all that stuff is embarrassing to be honest. Some people are absolutely desperate to be offended and hang somebody for it. I just thought what a prat, and moved on with the rest of my day". Morgan said "I've known @Lord_Sugar for 25 years. He can be a halfwit of biblical proportions, and prone to terrible 'jokes' as we saw today. But he's not a racist."

Buelligan

Quote from: momatt on June 22, 2018, 09:06:42 AM
It's almost as if Alan Sugar is a massive thick cunt with no social awareness.

I also think there may be purpose behind it.  Not in the case of Sugar, like Bricktop, simply a horrible cunt.

I think Sugar's a symptom, rather than an instigator but I do think that there's a current of hate-speech and hate-thought being stirred up internationally pour encourager les autres.  Hate is the new normal and people like Piers Morgan are smoothing the way.

biggytitbo

That's a bit over the top isn't it. Alan Sugar is exactly the same as he's always been - a cunt.

Jerzy Bondov

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on June 22, 2018, 09:35:30 AM
Piers Morgan and Curtis Woodhouse are defending him. Curtis said "Lord Sugar said something stupid, nobody died. People calling for his head and all that stuff is embarrassing to be honest. Some people are absolutely desperate to be offended and hang somebody for it. I just thought what a prat, and moved on with the rest of my day".
Bloody wooly wishy washer do gooder liberals don't want the death penalty for paedos and child murderers but are perfectly happy for Alan Sugar to be hung by the neck and decapitated for making a joke.

momatt

Quote from: biggytitbo on June 22, 2018, 09:38:56 AM
That's a bit over the top isn't it. Alan Sugar is exactly the same as he's always been - a cunt.

Well, yes.  This new Twatstorm hardly changed my opinion of the 'man', merely reinforced it.

Also, if at any point in your life Piers Morgan defends you - you're a cunt.

phantom_power

Well on BBC the other day they interviewed a couple of actual foreign black men and they both said they thought it was just a joke so case closed I think

biggytitbo

Quote from: momatt on June 22, 2018, 09:57:38 AM
Well, yes.  This new Twatstorm hardly changed my opinion of the 'man', merely reinforced it.

Also, if at any point in your life Piers Morgan defends you - you're a cunt.

Shows what sham their stupid twitter 'rivalry' is too.

biggytitbo

Quote from: phantom_power on June 22, 2018, 10:11:04 AM
Well on BBC the other day they interviewed a couple of actual foreign black men and they both said they thought it was just a joke so case closed I think

Thats not good enough, only white mainstream journalists can tell if someone is racist or not so we should go by what guardian columnists say.

momatt

Quote from: biggytitbo on June 22, 2018, 10:14:34 AM
Shows what sham their stupid twitter 'rivalry' is too.

If two cunts argue on Twitter and I ignore them both, do they make a sound?

Dunno, but they're definitely still cunts.