Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:03:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Social media misfire of the week

Started by Jobey, December 21, 2017, 03:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

I mean if it came from a source that it wouldn't seem so inappropriate from it'd be pretty tame

As it is it is ultimate shit for cunts

I wonder if advertising standards can extend to something like this?

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Jobey on December 21, 2017, 05:35:16 PM
Twinings have issued a statement:
https://twitter.com/TwiningsTeaUK/status/943883661933514752

Lol proper 'racism is totally at odds with the values of the carphone warehouse' stuff.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on December 21, 2017, 05:59:07 PM
How else would you describe these people than Legend Garys?

Rational people who don't get ruffled by some dirty jokes on twitter?

Remember when Gregg's made baby Jesus into a sausage roll. What were all that about?

Icehaven

itsfredtitmus

Quote from: thecuriousorange on December 21, 2017, 06:42:15 PM
Remember when Gregg's made baby Jesus into a sausage roll. What were all that about?
that were good that were

Bobtoo

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on December 21, 2017, 06:41:52 PM

It is pretty inappropriate when it comes from a retailer though. It's like if a supermarket had a cartoon of someone wanking as its logo.

Some people are claiming that the teabagging woman one is degrading women.

non capisco

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on December 21, 2017, 07:50:06 PM
It's like if a supermarket had a cartoon of someone wanking as its logo.

Remember Happy Eater? (what were all that about, dick 'ead? etc.) Their logo was someone trying to make themselves vomit. Bit much.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on December 21, 2017, 07:50:06 PM
Some people are claiming that the teabagging woman one is degrading women.

What if the woman pictured wanted to be teabagged? We don't know the full story.

The sort of shit that boring, thick middle-class housewives think is amusingly risque.

colacentral

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on December 21, 2017, 06:41:52 PM

A major retailer is advertising themselves with an ostensibly childish mascot who draws tits on a frosty windscreen and wipes his arse with a toothbrush. Why do you not get what's wrong with that? Would you not mind if Tony the Tiger tucked his tail between his legs like a cock and got the coco pops monkey to suck it?

Chairman Bodog

Howj Begg

Quote from: colacentral on December 21, 2017, 08:01:07 PM
A major retailer is advertising themselves with an ostensibly childish mascot who draws tits on a frosty windscreen and wipes his arse with a toothbrush. Why do you not get what's wrong with that? Would you not mind if Tony the Tiger tucked his tail between his legs like a cock and got the coco pops monkey to suck it?

Quote from: Chairman Bodog on December 21, 2017, 08:01:46 PM
Well, no. I'd love that.

Yeah, you have rather sold this, cola.

up_the_hampipe

A major retailer is advertising themselves with an ostensibly childish mascot who draws tits on a frosty windscreen and wipes his arse with a toothbrush. Why do you not get what's wrong with that?

Because it's on Twitter where young children are not allowed. They're not showing these on Cbeebies.

Would you not mind if Tony the Tiger tucked his tail between his legs like a cock and got the coco pops monkey to suck it?

talk slowly

idunnosomename

Tony is a true professional

http://metro.co.uk/2016/01/28/chester-cheetah-welcomes-the-sexual-advances-of-furries-rejected-by-tony-the-tiger-5649410/

colacentral

The question is: would Tony's milk turn brown?

itsfredtitmus

this is just robot chicken isn't it?

Blumf

Glebe

I've never liked Poundland. They've always sold cheap produce that fails to satisfy, as is, as it were, and that, you see.

£1.49, Poundland.

itsfredtitmus

bought kitkats before from poundland

they're alright with me

jobotic

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on December 21, 2017, 07:58:34 PM
The sort of shit that boring, thick middle-class housewives think is amusingly risque.

It's bantz legend men that are the cunts here, not boring women.

jobotic

Would you not mind if Tony the Tiger tucked his tail between his legs like a cock and got the coco pops monkey to suck it?

I don't think anyone would mind. In fact I'd start buying Frosties instead of Aldi "Frosties" even though it would bankrupt me.

madhair60

Imagine seeing an advert and not only paying enough attention to remember the details of it, but then going "ooh, that's a good advert". A living hell.

Phil_A

Twitter is just a bottomless barrel of cunts now, isn't it? Utterly worthless.

ieXush2i

there's new series of Tarrant On Twitter because of this

idunnosomename

Advertising Standards have received complaints and will investigate them

Unless they paid for promotion (which, if they are telling the truth about the budget, they can't have done) then I suppose it's their right to post what ever they want within common decency laws etc

Even if it is unfunny shite

boki