Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,549,364
  • Total Topics: 106,172
  • Online Today: 659
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 03:32:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

(spam): The Project

Started by Delete Delete Delete, December 24, 2017, 12:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
An idea I've had for (spam) is to do a regular weekly show. Where we run through several series, episode by episode. Maybe have different genre blocks. So maybe 1 hour for children's/ cartoon series, 1 hour for sci-fi, couple of hours of comedy and maybe an hour set by for wild cards. Then finish with a film each week. I'd like your suggestions for the sort of things you'd like to revisit or see for the first time. So make your nominations.

Replies From View

It would be good if one of the regular features was something with commentary.

That can be arranged if people wanna sign up to Skype and join in. Looking for volunteers.

DrGreggles

Offer a CaB commentary on something? Could be a good idea.
I'd be up for doing that to see how it goes.

Replies From View

Quote from: Delete Delete Delete on December 24, 2017, 12:45:06 PM
That can be arranged if people wanna sign up to Skype and join in. Looking for volunteers.

That would be fun.  I'd definitely be up for joining in.

Some idea of Tv series we could do are

.The A-Team
Air Wolf
Buffy / Angel
Batman
Baywatch
Knight Ride
Love Joy
Miami Vice
Monk
The Incredible Hulk
the Wonder Years
Babylon 5
Land Of The Giants
Lost In Space
Quantum Leap
Robocop The Tv Series
Sapphire And Steel
The Outer Limits
The Twilight Zone
Time tunnel
Voyage to the Bottom Of the Sea
X files
Xena
Ramseys Kitchen Nightmares
House
Lost
eerie Indiana
Some of The Gerry Anderson shows?
Knightmare
Round The Twist

thenoise

A conference call-in commentary track would persuade me to give Deerk another watch.

Barry Admin

Old Letterman shows? I'm revisiting my obsession with this titan of broadcasting, with particular emphasis on Teri Garr segments, as she's one of my favourite people.

Also going through old Carson shows again. They've dated badly, and the recent #metoo movement etc has really emphasised and accelerated that. There's so much incredible stuff in them, though, and I love the slow, free-form pace to old Tonight shows.

I could try and note down some stuff. I've been meaning to start threads about Teri Garr and Letterman anyway.

How easy is it to source these Letterman shows? Is there a YouTube channel? I do have a run of Saturday night Live, but from my brief viewings of them there very hit and miss.

Barry Admin

It's so much easier these days. I don't have a puter so have no idea now about myspleen etc, but they had those amazing Chris Eliot compilations up there, so may have archive Letterman. There's a huge amount of stuff on YouTube now too. Same with Carsons Tonight Show era; his copyright was militantly policed for decades (as JAYB will attest), but now it's all changed. I watched one this week where George Carlin and Flip Wilson were given about 10 or 12 minutes to do a fake news bit (promoting FM & AM). Absolutely glorious.

If you come across one on youtube that you find of particular interest, pass the link over and we will schedule it into a wild card slot.

Barry Admin

Okay, I'd love to try and get on to chat about it too.

To add me on Skype I think search for Delete (spam) .

newbridge

An idea: use a random number generator to pick a random week circa 1980-2000, and then play back something along the lines of (1) a television show that aired that week; (2) a Letterman that aired that week, or something similar; (3) a film that was released that week. I'm guessing that (tragically) the available Letterman archives are not that complete, so you might have to narrow down the universe a bit.

Its a good idea, but I have a feeling that it would be more work for me than its worth. I'm currently working on the shows i'd like to watch week in week out.

Announcing The Project Episode 1 will begin tonight at 18:00. Featuring the following shows.

The Kids Block
.Sabrina the teenage Witch - Pilot
.Batman The Animated Series - On Leather Wings
.X-Men The Animated Series - Night Of The Sentinels Part 1

Comedy Bock
.Seinfeld - The Seinfeld Chronicles
.Taxi - Like Father, Like Daughter
.Roseanne - Life and Stuff
.Monty Python - Whither Canada
.Dave Gormans Important astrology Experiment - Episode 1

Drama Block
.The Wonder Years - Pilot
.Quantum Leap - Genesis

Film
.Stay Tuned (1992)

Starting off with the first episode Of Sabrina the Teenage Witch.

2nd up on the slate, batman is Beginning in his animated adventures.

Did somebody call a Taxi, its arrived.

Up now the first ever episode of Roseanne.

Now for something completely different, Dave Gormans Important Astrology Experiment.

Sorry disconnected there, back now.

Oh Boy, its the Quantum Leap Feature Length Pilot.

Stay Tuned for tonight's final offering, Stay Tuned.