Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 05:59:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

(spam): The Project

Started by Delete Delete Delete, December 24, 2017, 12:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avril Lavigne

Quote from: Delete Delete Delete on February 06, 2019, 11:42:47 PM
It kinda felt like a (spam) initiation. Do you think were ready for Suriving Edged Wepons?

I'd like to take this opportunity to go in a completely opposite direction and push for a screening of Critters 2.

ToneLa

Quote from: Avril Lavigne on February 07, 2019, 12:05:08 AM
I'd like to take this opportunity to go in a completely opposite direction and push for a screening of Critters 2.

Critters 2 is boss, a man in a bunny suit gets bitten in the groin. Instant classic

Critters vs Threads would be a film I'd pay to, uh, have an Internet connection to download it with! Can those cheeky Crites fight, uh, a nuclear holocaust?

Sad we never got Critters vs Puppet Master vs Gremlins vs Ghoulies vs Amelie

Avril Lavigne

Quote from: ToneLa on February 07, 2019, 12:06:00 AM
Critters 2 is boss, a man in a bunny suit gets bitten in the groin. Instant classic

Critters vs Threads would be a film I'd pay to, uh, have an Internet connection to download it with! Can those cheeky Crites fight, uh, a nuclear holocaust?

Sad we never got Critters vs Puppet Master vs Gremlins vs Ghoulies vs Amelie

I tend to think of it in similar terms to Return of the Living Dead but ultimately less of a downer. It's kind of an anomaly in being a horror movie with plenty of gore and death but also sweet, relatable character interactions, lots of silliness and a soundtrack that frequently veers into Spielbergian sentimentality to the point where it sometimes feels like it's aimed at kids. It also does the Gremlins 2 thing of being better than the first movie in a variety of ways and expanding on everything done in the previous installment.

ToneLa

Quote from: Avril Lavigne on February 07, 2019, 12:22:20 AM
I tend to think of it in similar terms to Return of the Living Dead but ultimately less of a downer. It's kind of an anomaly in being a horror movie with plenty of gore and death but also sweet, relatable character interactions, lots of silliness and a soundtrack that frequently veers into Spielbergian sentimentality to the point where it sometimes feels like it's aimed at kids. It also does the Gremlins 2 thing of being better than the first movie in a variety of ways and expanding on everything done in the previous installment.

I saw it as a kid and it was great! Yeah, it has some nice qualities. It's fun without sacrificing the gore. And it ramped up everything from the first movie. A great sequel, and a fun film

What a franchise too. Film debut of Leonardo diCaprio in Critters 3. Heights he would never meet again..!

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: Flouncer on February 06, 2019, 11:15:56 PM
I must admit, it is a bit trauma inducing. It was fun watching it with you lot, though! Thanks again for a good night's entertainment, Delete.

I saw Threads when it first came out on an old portable black and white telly and all my memories were of the second half. On this rewatch it was the first half that got to me.. everyone coping or not with being powerless in the face of the inevitable... whether its decorating the new flat or pretending that peopke outside losing their shit are just pub goers being kicked out at closing time.

It was almost a relief when the bombs finally fell.

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: Delete Delete Delete on February 06, 2019, 11:50:11 PM
Oh also that youtube channel I mention about the Lawyer who reviews films and rates there acuracy to law. His new one he goes through Willy Wonka and works out how much prision time Wonka would get and the amount of damages he has to pay. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z1p7TMPXFM

The idea that on the day Charlie gets everything he's ever wanted his mentor is arrested, the factory is torn down for health and saftey reasons... and he has to return to his overcrowded hovel... fills my heart with joy.

Replies From View

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on February 07, 2019, 09:14:48 AM
The idea that on the day Charlie gets everything he's ever wanted his mentor is arrested, the factory is torn down for health and saftey reasons... and he has to return to his overcrowded hovel... fills my heart with joy.

I believe the Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator novel covers it in passing.

Tuesday 12/02/19 at 6pm

Week 59

6pm The Boy From Space - Episode 7
6:20 Batman The Animated Series - Blind As A Bat
6:40 King Of The Hill - "Propane Boom II: Death of a Propane Salesman" (Part 2) (start of Season 3)
7:05 Doctor Who - The Ambassadors Of Death Part 3
7:30 The Twilight Zone - A World Of His Own (End of Season 1)
7:55 Mr Show - A White Man Set Them Free
8:20 Comic Strip Presents - Oxford
8:50 Red Dwarf -  Polymorph
9:20  Seinfeld - The Movie
9:50 Quantum Leap - The Wrong Stuff (Sam is a Fucking Chimp!)

10:35 The Film - Manhunter (1986)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czVMfUd5dFI

ToneLa

Red Dragon. The film Manhunter could have been!

buzby

ToneLa

Quote from: buzby on February 09, 2019, 05:24:34 PM
GRAVE

Never been happier to have been paraphrasing Partridge!

Except that time on the tube when I uttered, hilariously, Jurassic Park. Needless to say, nobody had the first laugh...

Anywho. Looks a good lineup!

shiftwork2

Looking forward to watching Manhunter with the Threads survivors.  That fucking thing was a longstanding psychological bugbear of mine that is now somewhat less fearsome having had comments such as 'CaB meme there' as the lady done a piss and other dry observations.  God bless this forum and all who sail in her.  You are good for me and hopefully you are good for you, you.

Not to mention the man who went for a dump and caused a Neculear Fallout.

Lost Oliver

I feel like a noob for asking but what's the link? The one I had favourited died.

https://live.fc2.com/6162694/ but it only works when I'm streaming to it. Which the weekly show is Tuesdays starting at 6pm.

Lost Oliver

Balls. Well at least I favourited correctly.

Flouncer

Quote from: shiftwork2 on February 09, 2019, 06:34:50 PM
Looking forward to watching Manhunter with the Threads survivors.  That fucking thing was a longstanding psychological bugbear of mine that is now somewhat less fearsome having had comments such as 'CaB meme there' as the lady done a piss and other dry observations.  God bless this forum and all who sail in her.  You are good for me and hopefully you are good for you, you.

It was a weird sort of bonding experience! The bit where the woman pissed herself reminded me of a similar scene in The Man Who Fell to Earth starring David Bowie (which incidentally would be quite a cool film for a future (spam) main event).

The Man Who Fell to Earth is in my films to eventually show on (spam) folder.

Spoon of Ploff

Regarding Threads... crisp fans will be relieved/horrified to note that the prawn cocktail flavoured ones survive the nuclear holocaust.

I hope thats doesn't count as a spoiler.

Replies From View

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on February 10, 2019, 09:26:14 AM
Regarding Threads... crisp fans will be relieved/horrified to note that the prawn cocktail flavoured ones survive the nuclear holocaust.

I hope thats doesn't count as a spoiler.

Do the tomato sauce flavour ones survive as well?  They are the same apart from the packet.

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: Replies From View on February 11, 2019, 08:21:52 AM
Do the tomato sauce flavour ones survive as well?  They are the same apart from the packet.

No. It's only the prawn cocktail ones. That's why I spent the weekend insulating my flat with prawn cocktail crisps. I've also made a radiation suit out of the packets.

Get your stash of post apocalyptic Prawn Coktail Crisps ready as theres another round of (spam) tonight from 6pm.

ToneLa

Quote from: Delete Delete Delete on February 12, 2019, 10:36:44 AM
Get your stash of post apocalyptic Prawn Coktail Crisps ready as theres another round of (spam) tonight from 6pm.

Sainsbury's own brand, then

Start of Season 3 King Of The Hill now.

Last episode of Season 1 of The Twilight Zone now.