Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 11:24:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

(spam): The Project

Started by Delete Delete Delete, December 24, 2017, 12:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Time to say good byt to Seinfeld.

Replies From View

thank fuck
thank fuck
he's leaving us thank fuck
thank fuck

etc

hedgehog90

The film is hosted by me this evening on another url as Del was having issues with his internet connection.
Picnic at Hanging Rock time:
https://live.fc2.com/11156720

Spoon of Ploff

Sorry to have missed this. Note to self. Never have guests on (spam) night.

In fact. Given that that could be a surprise (spam) at almost any moment its probably best never to have guests ever.

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: Replies From View on April 16, 2019, 09:39:14 PM
thank fuck
thank fuck
thank fuck

etc

But what lamentable  bass like theme am i going to dance along with now?

Danger Man

Quote from: Replies From View on April 16, 2019, 09:39:14 PM
thank fuck
thank fuck
thank fuck

etc

What's the deal with hating Seinfeld?

Replies From View

I was perfectly kind towards Seinfeld until it tried to destroy me.

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: NoSleep on March 02, 2019, 05:27:47 PM
It all gets a bit sentimentally religious by the end (in reaction to the futurism of earlier). The clips you've seen are the probably the best bits. Much preferred Aelita: Queen Of Mars as an early major sci-fi film (and it predates Metropolis by a couple of years). Of course, Aelita gets all Soviet by the end (starting from the beginning) but that ingredient works much better (especially as it was filmed in the spirit of hope of the early years) but they thankfully dispense with sentimentality. And it has to be the full-length film (1h:51m) not the shorter (and therefore confusing) version.

Watched Aelita: Queen of Mars last night and highly recommend it. On the one hand much of it can seem risible to us 21st Cent types. The character Loss does some great face acting to convey suspicion, jealously and grumpyness... and the Martian Queen's bicycle spoked hat is definitely causing a few bum note when she plays her space harp... but on the other hand we have a film from 1920s Russia that depicts corrupt soviet officials, and the workers being betrayed by the very people that called on them to revolt.

Loss earlier today. Wondering once again if his wife is a total hussy.

the

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on April 18, 2019, 12:11:27 PMWatched Aelita: Queen of Mars last night and highly recommend it.

Don't know if you were aware of this, but we've been using Aelita: Queen Of Mars as a source of inspiration for the next collaborative CaB album - Ha Ha Tape IV.

Waiting for some submissions to be finished, but hopefully it'll see the light of day in the next few months. If Aelita gets played on (spam), might be good to do it around the time of the launch* maybe?

*Space travel joke

NoSleep

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on April 18, 2019, 12:11:27 PM
Watched Aelita: Queen of Mars last night and highly recommend it. On the one hand much of it can seem risible to us 21st Cent types. The character Loss does some great face acting to convey suspicion, jealously and grumpyness... and the Martian Queen's bicycle spoked hat is definitely causing a few bum note when she plays her space harp... but on the other hand we have a film from 1920s Russia that depicts corrupt soviet officials, and the workers being betrayed by the very people that called on them to revolt.

Just trying to remember the corrupt soviet officials. There's the police chief, who isn't corrupt, but fails to recognise the little guy's talent as a detective. There's the officials (more police?) who visit Erlich's digs, who fail to find anything, because Erlich hides his stash in Loss's wife's coat in the hallway reception. Erlich is corrupt but he's a former member of the elite (post-revolution) now scraping an illegal living by running the black market (and stealing jewels, etc, from other former elites, who are also still hiding their fortunes from the soviets).
This is the first major Soviet film, made a couple of years after the revolution, so there isn't the cynicism for corrupt officials quite yet; all portrayals of official life is represented as people mucking together for the greater good.

Tuesday 23/04/19 at 6pm

Week 69
6pm King Of The Castle Episode 7 (Last Episode)
6:20 The Tick - The Tick Vs Mr Mental
6:40 King Of The Hill - To Spank With Love
7:05 Doctor Who - Inferno Part 6
7:30 The Twilight Zone - A Most Unusal Camera
7:55 Mr Show - Sad Songs Are Natures Oinions
8:20 The Comic Strip Presnts - Gregory - Diary Of A Nutcase
8:50 Red Dwarf - Holoship (Start of Series 5)
9:20  Curb Your Enthusiasm - Pilot
10:20 Quantum Leap - Roberto

The Movie

A Matter of Life and Death (1946)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0veuSLLWZ0

Replies From View

AND YOU'RE THE DIRTY ARS'LE, haha

Episode 7 of it.

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: NoSleep on April 19, 2019, 06:16:31 AM
Just trying to remember the corrupt soviet officials. There's the police chief, who isn't corrupt, but fails to recognise the little guy's talent as a detective. There's the officials (more police?) who visit Erlich's digs, who fail to find anything, because Erlich hides his stash in Loss's wife's coat in the hallway reception. Erlich is corrupt but he's a former member of the elite (post-revolution) now scraping an illegal living by running the black market (and stealing jewels, etc, from other former elites, who are also still hiding their fortunes from the soviets).
This is the first major Soviet film, made a couple of years after the revolution, so there isn't the cynicism for corrupt officials quite yet; all portrayals of official life is represented as people mucking together for the greater good.

Creepy Erlich is a minor official in the Govt, but I guess it could be argued that he represents those elements from the old form of government that still need to be rooted out.

Reminder that this is on tonight from 6pm, there won't be a preshow today as I have a few thigns to get done.

the

Gregory - Diary Of A Nutcase is great.

Replies From View

Quote from: Delete Delete Delete on April 23, 2019, 11:18:19 AM
Reminder that this is on tonight from 6pm, there won't be a preshow today as I have a few thigns to get done.

Well that's a bit cack as I will be doing some loft-sorting today, and was hoping to broadcast it live during your preshow.

Time for (spam), starting off with the final episode of King Of The Castle. https://live.fc2.com/6162694/