Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 10:51:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

(spam): The Project

Started by Delete Delete Delete, December 24, 2017, 12:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Film time with a Matter Of Life And Death.

As discussed in the chat last night, I'm planning on doing a bonus show on the ITV 60 boxset. This is its contents, pick what you would like to see.

DISC ONE

ITV Opening Night Preview | Thunderbirds | The Army Game | Man About the House | Robin of Sherwood | The Prisoner

DISC TWO

Pathfinders in Space | The Larkins | Sunday Night at the London Palladium | The World at War | Callan

DISC THREE

Catweazle | The Arthur Haynes Show | The Avengers | Public Eye | An Audience with Dame Edna

DISC FOUR

Crossroads | On the Buses | The Saint | The Tommy Cooper Hour | Auf Wiedershen Pet:

DISC FIVE

Rainbow | Pipkins | Doctor in the House | The Power Game

DISC SIX

Magpie | Shut That Door! | Space 1999 | No Hiding Place | The Sweeney

DISC SEVEN

Tiswas | Four Feather Falls | The Stanley Baxter Moving Picture Show | Gideon's Way | Tales of the Unexpected

DISC EIGHT

The Adventures of Robin Hood | Nearest and Dearest | Rising Damp | Mystery Bag | Upstairs Downstairs | Year Zero: The Silent Death of Cambodia

DISC NINE

Ace of Wands | Coronation Street | Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased) | Crane | Soldier Soldier

DISC TEN

A Fine Romance | World in Action | The Professionals | Inspector Morse

DISC ELEVEN

George and Mildred | Jason King | The Main Chance | Justice | Strange World of Gurney Slade

DISC TWELVE

Our Man at St Mark's | The Bill | Man at the Top | Whicker's World Aboard The Orient Express | Armchair Theatre

the

My picks for a groupwatch would be:

ITV Opening Night Preview
Crossroads
Shut That Door!
Four Feather Falls
The Strange World of Gurney Slade
Whicker's World Aboard The Orient Express

A smattering of interest with a healthy margin for pisstakery there.

While we're here - unrelated to the ITV boxset night -

Can I nominate Idiocracy (2006) as a film (once classics season is over)? I rewatched a bit of it the other night, and not only was it funnier than I remembered, but it also seems to be coming true.

Gonna have to Veto The Strange World of Gurney Slade as its the same episode I showed a couple of weeks back.

Idiocracy has been my pending folder for some time.

Also the Coranation Street episode is from the 60's and stars Arthur Lowe.

Danger Man

Catweazle

The Sweeney (especially if it's stoppo driver)

Ace of Wands

The Professionals

Jason King

NoSleep

shiftwork2

Quote from: Danger Man on April 25, 2019, 12:42:15 AM
The Sweeney (especially if it's stoppo driver)

This has become the go-to episode but it's flat after the opening car chase.  I'd vote for Ringer as it's got the Get Carter feel that shaped the first series, and has one of the famous Regan lines near the start which is always worth a grin.

edit: just realised we're voting for shows only.

Just saw that disc 6 was missing a listing for 21 and up.  The episode of The Sweeney is Tommrow Man.

NoSleep

Quote from: NoSleep on April 25, 2019, 10:17:07 AM
The Champions

Sorry, I thought we were randomly suggesting new shows, not choosing from a list. The Champions is great, though.

Danger Man

Quote from: shiftwork2 on April 25, 2019, 11:58:29 AM
This has become the go-to episode but it's flat after the opening car chase.  I'd vote for Ringer as it's got the Get Carter feel that shaped the first series, and has one of the famous Regan lines near the start which is always worth a grin.

As it's CaB, perhaps Hearts and Minds would be the best episode if only for this....

the

To clarify, Del has bought this DVD compilation, which contains one episode of each of the programmes listed above. He's asking which of those programmes to show (using the specific episode that's on the boxset).

So as he says, the provided episode of The Sweeney is Tomorrow Man.

There're a lot of revews there saying the discs were temperamental, have you tested them to see if they all work Delete?

NoSleep

Quote from: the on April 25, 2019, 03:29:20 PM
There're a lot of revews there saying the discs were temperamental, have you tested them to see if they all work Delete?

Thrown together by the same company that did the Absolutely collection?

I think its just Networks anti piracy mastering. I occasiannly get issues ripping Network DVDs, but my other pc seesm to be able to see through that.

Tuesday 30/04/19 at 6pm

Week 70
6pm Maid Marion - How The Band Got Togethe
6:20 The Tick - The Tick Vs The Bread Master
6:40 King Of The Hill - Three Coaches And A Bobby
7:05 Doctor Who - Inferno Part 7 (Final Part)
7:30 The Twilight Zone - Night Of The Meeks
7:55 Mr Show - Patriotism, Paper, adn Professionalism (Final Episode)
8:20 The Comic Strip Presnts - Demonella
8:50 Red Dwarf - The Inquisitor
9:20  Curb Your Enthusiasm - The Pants Tent
10:20 Quantum Leap - Its A Wonderful Life

The Movie

The Third Man (1949)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VvXKm2deh0

Phil_A

Just in the process of coagulating another (spam) playlist, provisionally to go out next Saturday. Here is some of what you might expect to see!*

*subject to last minute alterations

Reminder this is on tonight from 6pm with a preshow starting at 4pm.

Replies From View

If you're doing Popeye on Saturday, make sure you are going with the original black and white if that is how it was made.  The 1960s colour versions are dreadful retracings of the originals, which means you lose things like 3D model backgrounds.

Phil_A

Quote from: Replies From View on April 30, 2019, 04:00:52 PM
If you're doing Popeye on Saturday, make sure you are going with the original black and white if that is how it was made.  The 1960s colour versions are dreadful retracings of the originals, which means you lose things like 3D model backgrounds.

Nah, technicolor all the way, mate. No re-coloured sixties shite here.

Replies From View

Quote from: Phil_A on April 30, 2019, 06:37:35 PM
Nah, technicolor all the way, mate. No re-coloured sixties shite here.

Ah yes - the Sinbad the Sailor one.