Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 07:05:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

(spam): The Project

Started by Delete Delete Delete, December 24, 2017, 12:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

We are entering the Twilight Zone.

last episode of Series 3 of Python.

Replies From View

Quote from: Replies From View on July 17, 2018, 10:50:51 PM
10:  "A Little Miracle".  First US broadcast:  December 21, 1990.  First UK broadcast:  June 16, 1992.

It's time for Paul McCartney to reach his 50th birthday.  Are you ready?

Contents:

Tuesday night, with the Red Dwarf IV episode 'Meltdown' and the Christmas episode of Quantum Leap:

And an aside.  During the mid-90s, before my Dad had amassed so many video cassettes that they became unmanageable, there was a wooden cabinet containing a number of tapes that I'd enjoy pulling out and playing every now and then.  The ones I'd frequently watch included recordings of the Yellow Submarine cartoon, The Big Bus and the 1977 Spider-Man film, Superman the Movie and Superman 3 (we never had the second film), the odd episode of Blackadder and Monty Python, the late 80s BBC productions of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe and Tom's Midnight Garden, Victoria Wood's Jackanory reading of Matilda, and this:

Melvyn Bragg's opening words "It was 25 years ago today" must have repeatedly passed me by, as I assumed later that it was a 1987 episode celebrating the 20th anniversary.  In fact it was broadcast on 14th June 1992; next week in (spam) terms.  I remember during my early teenage years when that crinkly Radio Times cutting would fall out of the box as I removed the video tape, and I'd re-read it for the umpteenth time; in the upcoming bonus pages of this issue it sits uncreased in its original context, which is quite a strange feeling.  So you can look forward to that.

That South Bank Show episode on the making of Sgt Pepper is here (not my own upload, I should add):  http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1k6a58

Bonus pages to follow in a few days......

Replies From View

10.40pm on ITV, a Japanese version of Seven Up.

Replies From View

I've decided that this week's bonus pages will be my final Radio Times contribution to this thread, at least for a while. 

All the time spent taking the photos, converting them from heic to jpg (I don't know why but the iPhone's photo format has become heic so this has to be done), uploading them and then making sure they appear in the posts in the correct order...  it may not seem like much but it's a fair bit of time spent and I'm getting very little evidence that anybody is even reading them to make the effort worthwhile.  It has also crossed my mind that people would probably prefer to read this thread without having to do all the scrolling that my Radio Times posts cause.

So I am knocking it on the head for now, with apologies if you were secretly enjoying it.  On the plus side it means I can use the time saved to keep the Laurel and Hardy watch-along thread ticking along.

Replies From View

Here's your lot........

All the Paul McCartney / Beatles stuff first:

The rest:

Films:

Loyd Grossman's Kind of Day:

Adverts (WHSmiths stand out as being pretty crap outside the Christmas season, it must be said):

Letters and Next Week:

Phil_A

Just highlighting this to make the point that "In Bed With Chris Needham" needs to be showcased on (spam) at some point. It is a masterpiece of accidental comedy.

Quote from: Replies From View on September 21, 2018, 06:19:55 PM
I've decided that this week's bonus pages will be my final Radio Times contribution to this thread, at least for a while. 

All the time spent taking the photos, converting them from heic to jpg (I don't know why but the iPhone's photo format has become heic so this has to be done), uploading them and then making sure they appear in the posts in the correct order...  it may not seem like much but it's a fair bit of time spent and I'm getting very little evidence that anybody is even reading them to make the effort worthwhile.  It has also crossed my mind that people would probably prefer to read this thread without having to do all the scrolling that my Radio Times posts cause.

So I am knocking it on the head for now, with apologies if you were secretly enjoying it.  On the plus side it means I can use the time saved to keep the Laurel and Hardy watch-along thread ticking along.
Best to spend your time doing things you enjoy. Thats what I've found out over the years doing Cab Radio and (spam).

Replies From View

Quote from: Delete Delete Delete on September 21, 2018, 06:39:54 PM
Best to spend your time doing things you enjoy. Thats what I've found out over the years doing Cab Radio and (spam).

Don't get me wrong; I did enjoy it at first.  And I'm very pleased that fortuitous discoveries in the Radio Times have resulted in a few things appearing in the CaB schedules.  I was in two minds about whether to keep going or stop it, but in the end my enjoyment would always depend on whether it was sparking enough discussion or interest to warrant all the effort, and it just wasn't.

I remain onboard for (spam) more generally, obviously.

Tuesday 25/09/18 at 6pm
Week 40
6pm Dragon Ball  Episode 16
6:20 Batman The Animated Series - If You Are So Smart Why Arn't You Rich
6:45 X-Men The Animated Series - The Dark Phoenix Saga Part 4
7Pm King Of The Hill - Jumpin Crack Bass
7:20 Cheers - No Contest
7:45 The Twilight Zone - The Fever
8pm The Comic Strip - Susie
8:30 Monty Python -The Golden Age Of Ballooning (Series 4 starts here)
9Pm  Red Dwarf  - Meltdown
9:50 Quantum Leap - A Little Miricle

The Film

As a nod to the South Bank shows Beatles special 20 Years Ago Today

Yellow Submarine (1968)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRnAcVLBIyY

Reminder this is on tonight from 6Pm.

The end of The dark Phoenix saga now.

Now the start of Python series 4.

Now tonights film Yellow Submarine.

Pranet

Quote from: Replies From View on September 21, 2018, 07:05:24 PM
Don't get me wrong; I did enjoy it at first.  And I'm very pleased that fortuitous discoveries in the Radio Times have resulted in a few things appearing in the CaB schedules.  I was in two minds about whether to keep going or stop it, but in the end my enjoyment would always depend on whether it was sparking enough discussion or interest to warrant all the effort, and it just wasn't.

I remain onboard for (spam) more generally, obviously.

Well, I think it is a shame, but I can't expect you to go through all that effort just to please me. And it isn't as if I made any interesting remarks. But thanks for all of your efforts Replies, they have been appreciated.

Tuesday 02/10/18 at 6pm
Week 41
6pm Dragon Ball  Episode 17
6:20 Batman The Animated Series - Jokers Wild
6:45 King Of The Hill - Husky Bobby
7Pm Cheers - Pick A Con Any Con
7:20 The Twilight Zone - The Last Flight
7:45 Mr Show - The Cry Of A Hungry Baby
8pm The Comic Strip - A Fistfull of Travellers Cheques
8:40 Monty Python -Michael Ellis
9Pm  Seinfeld - The Boy Friend (it returns with a double episode)
9:40 Quantum Leap - Runaway

The Film

Abraxas Guardian Of The Universe (1990) (you asked for it, this is a shit movie)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olWEi8M3ETQ