Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,476
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:06:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Excruciating films

Started by BlodwynPig, December 24, 2017, 02:15:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven

Has anybody seen Honest, Decent And True? A mid-80s satirical take on the advertising game, Richard E. Grant's first film, also starring Ade Edmondson and Gary Oldman.

"Here comes the goldfish!"

Dr Syntax Head

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on January 14, 2018, 01:21:32 PM
Neither 90s nor English.  It is a rom-com, though, you've got to give them that.

For me, it's pretty much all of those superhero movies you have now.  I think The Avengers was the only one I remember sitting through (once) without desperately hoping for it to end, and that was when I was 20 or so.  Star Wars, an all.  I've developed a mild phobia of finding myself in a situation where I'm obligated to watch one of the new ones.

I stand corrected on The holiday. It's still absolutely dire though.

Totally agree with superhero movies. When will it ever end? I had to sit through half of Logan the other night and it was unbearably bad and predictable. Maybe they're just not aimed at me. Don't get me started on Star Wars.

St_Eddie

Quote from: BlodwynPig on January 14, 2018, 03:01:11 PM
...I was thoroughly annoyed with you in another thread but remained silent.

Dare I ask why?  I suspect that I'll be saddened to hear the answer and yet, my curiosity gets the better of me, as always.

Quote from: Dr Syntax Head on January 14, 2018, 05:54:09 PM
Totally agree with superhero movies. When will it ever end? I had to sit through half of Logan the other night and it was unbearably bad and predictable. Maybe they're just not aimed at me. Don't get me started on Star Wars.

I increasingly find myself getting thoroughly annoyed with the continued oversaturation and unabashed popularity of superhero flicks but often feel unable to speak out, for fear of being accused of being a "snob" or an "elitist".  Your words have given me the courage to come forth with my convictions; fuck superhero movies and everything that they have wrought upon the current landscape of modern cinema!

Phil_A

Hideous Kinky. Now there's excruciating for you.

Kate Winslet plays a terrible middle-class hippy mother that drags off her kids off to live in poverty in Morocco. A lot of nothing happens against the backdrop of some very nice scenery.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: St_Eddie on January 15, 2018, 04:09:24 AM
Dare I ask why?  I suspect that I'll be saddened to hear the answer and yet, my curiosity gets the better of me, as always.

forgot

oh. yeh.... fast show sketch love

St_Eddie

Quote from: BlodwynPig on January 15, 2018, 09:30:47 PM
forgot

oh. yeh.... fast show sketch love

You were thoroughly annoyed at me for nominating some Fast Show sketches for the '250 Best Comedy Sketches of All Time' thread?  Understandable I suppose, as that was brazenly provocative of me.

Dr Syntax Head

Quote from: Phil_A on January 15, 2018, 09:23:43 PM
Hideous Kinky. Now there's excruciating for you.

Kate Winslet plays a terrible middle-class hippy mother that drags off her kids off to live in poverty in Morocco. A lot of nothing happens against the backdrop of some very nice scenery.

Oh yes Jesus Christ that was one terrible movie. Mrs Syntax MK1 loved it. The cracks began to show.

jobotic

There's a Liam Neeson film on now and he keeps punching wolves. It's awful.

Small Man Big Horse

For some reason I hated Birthday Girl (2001), it really rubbed me up the wrong way, but all the reviews I've read elsewhere suggest it's just a very bland and forgettable comedy thriller thing.

St_Eddie

The most excruciating film that I've ever seen is Meet The Spartans.  It actively made me despair for humanity.  I can honestly say, without an ounce of hyperbole, that I was properly depressed upon its conclusion.

Shaky

Quote from: jobotic on January 15, 2018, 10:03:15 PM
There's a Liam Neeson film on now and he keeps punching wolves. It's awful.

Wolfpuncher 2: Train to Hell

BlodwynPig

Quote from: St_Eddie on January 15, 2018, 09:36:23 PM
You were thoroughly annoyed at me for nominating some Fast Show sketches for the '250 Best Comedy Sketches of All Time' thread?  Understandable I suppose, as that was brazenly provocative of me.

I don't think you were provoking, which is why its even more disappointing.

St_Eddie

Quote from: BlodwynPig on January 16, 2018, 01:13:36 AM
I don't think you were provoking, which is why its even more disappointing.

Jeez, you're worse than my Dad.  "Edward, I'm not angry at you but I am disappointed."

BlodwynPig

Quote from: St_Eddie on January 16, 2018, 01:25:52 AM
Jeez, you're worse than my Dad.  "Edward, I'm not angry at you but I am disappointed."

*clips ear* don't answer back

Large Noise

Large Noise

Had to abandon The Perks of Being a Wallflower after about 5 unbearable minutes.