Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:16:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Channel 4- NOW

Started by Adrian Brezhnev, January 14, 2005, 11:18:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adrian Brezhnev

Purple Tentacle

I find that explaining things first really do help.

Adrian Brezhnev

So do I- I rushed to post that one line so that you could turn the TV on yourself and see that it speaks for itself.

It's a rather wonderful adaptation of a Becket Play- quite possibly Arrows of Desire, with Alan Rickman and that other woman.

Cambrian Times

It's by Beckett. No explaination needed.

Lady Beaner

Oh... to be idly sitting at home watching daytime tv... or indeed Beckett plays.

*continues to sit in the office, slowly drying out because of the air-con*

Adrian Brezhnev

It's finished now, but I will stick with Channel 4, who have just invited the audience to get pierced with some poetic arrows of desire.

Now it's the adverts, including the teletext one, which is even funner.

The five minutes I caught of Becket on Film were really quite good- I will see if I can upload what I recorded.

Purple Tentacle

Quote from: "Adrian Brezhnev"So do I- I rushed to post that one line so that you could turn the TV on yourself and see that it speaks for itself.

You are either unemployed, a student, or self-employed.

You are therefore a filthy scum bastard, and don't deserve to die, let alone live.

edit: Is it the one where he stept into the Quantum Leap accelerator....and vanished?? Hahaha I am funneeee

Pinball

I envy your time richness ;-)

Mr Flunchy

....wow.

Can I download that anywhere?

Lady Beaner

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"

You are either unemployed, a student, or self-employed.

You are therefore a filthy scum bastard, and don't deserve to die, let alone live.

...See, now I was trying to say THAT but in a more subtle manner.   ;-)

Cambrian Times

Purple, he could also work his guts out in a pub, only he's working in a late shift. Didn't consider that, you indigo appendige.

Adrian Brezhnev

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"You are either unemployed, a student, or self-employed.
I am the third on the list, but I suppose in some ways, I am the first and second on that list as well.

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle also"You are therefore a filthy scum bastard, and don't deserve to die, let alone live.
Quite possibly- at least that's what my ex-wife used to say.[/quote]

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle finally"edit: Is it the one where he stept into the Quantum Leap accelerator....and vanished?? Hahaha I am funneeee
No.

Mr Flunchy

Quote from: "Adrian Brezhnev"
Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"You are either unemployed, a student, or self-employed.
I am the third on the list, but I suppose in some ways, I am the first and second on that list as well.

Ladies and gentlemen.. I give you the Sphinx.

InfiniteFury

Please tell me someone can torrent this later.
The boss wouldn't let me go home.

Gazeuse

He could also have been a composer sitting on his arse waiting for a bike to turn up with a tape which he will have to write the music for all fucking weekend.

Or a procrastinating writer thoroughly uninspired by the prospect of 'Comic Relief.'

Adrian Brezhnev

Quote from: "Gazeuse"He could also have been a composer sitting on his arse waiting for a bike to turn up with a tape which he will have to write the music for all fucking weekend.
Who, me? Actually, that's not a million miles from the truth. The bicycle is in the repair shop, and yes, I have been sitting on my arse and composing recently...

Purple Tentacle

Hehehe, rise up all disgruntled housebound sluggards!  Go on, show the wage slaves what for!

Yeah, well...... at least I don't have to fill out my own tax return like some sort of leper! Neeeuuurrrghhh!!!

fanny splendid

No, they pay me a ridiculous amount of money to do it for them.

Adrian Brezhnev

Would you like to see mine?

Gazeuse

Quote from: "fanny splendid"No, they pay me a ridiculous amount of money to do it for them.

You're right there...I've seen my accountant's house.

I should actually say mansion.

gazzyk1ns

Quote from: "Lady Beaner"
*continues to sit in the office, slowly drying out because of the air-con*

A few weeks ago I noticed a small spider weaving a web near the back of my PC. "Awww" I thought, "It's like a little surfing mascot for me.". I saw it clamber up the wall and then back down several times, I thought it must like the little breeze given off by my PC's fan, it vibrated it ever so slightly because of the tension of its web. About a week later I thought "Jesus, it must REALLY like that breeze...". I got up to investigate and discovered that not only was it dead, but the fan had dried the corpse out so much that it was simply an empty, crusty shell.

You know that spider? That's you, that is.

Timmay

Did you not think it was actually trying to weave a windbreaker, otherwise it knew it was going to die next to that fan? You heartless spider killer - you could have saved it.

gazzyk1ns

I might have... but I just looked at it lovingly day after day, thinking it was whistling merrily in the breeze... when it was actually having its life and soul blown into the ether by my noisy old PC fan...

Ah well, give a shit.

Purple Tentacle

Did you try to touch its tits?

Captain Crunch

Quote from: "Lady Beaner"*continues to sit in the office, slowly drying out because of the air-con*

Raise the humidity level with a bowl of fresh water.  Make sure it's somewhere safe, not next to any electrical equipment.

This post was brought to you in association with 'Take a Break' magazine Top Tips.

Adrian Brezhnev

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"Did you try to touch its tits?

This thread seems to be going ever so slightly off-topic

Lady Beaner

Quote from: "Captain Crunch"
Quote from: "Lady Beaner"*continues to sit in the office, slowly drying out because of the air-con*

Raise the humidity level with a bowl of fresh water.  Make sure it's somewhere safe, not next to any electrical equipment.

This post was brought to you in association with 'Take a Break' magazine Top Tips.

I am starting to resemble a crusty date - I mean the fruit.  And I keep pulling bits of skin off my bottom lip.  Yeh, ya want me now dontcha bebeh?

Captain Crunch

I want one I want one!!