Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 10:35:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Really good/lean/efficient screenplays

Started by Twit 2, December 27, 2017, 10:08:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Rock

Imagine him really having a big cry and someone says 'why are you crying?' and he says 'don't you get it? There's no more worlds to conquer! Boo hoo hooo!'

MortSahlFan

Harry and Tonto
La Strada
Nashville
They Shoot Horses, Don't They?
Network
The Professionals (Brooks)
The Swimmer
There Will Be Blood

"Sweet Smell of Success" would be a perfect example.. "Shane" too.

Brundle-Fly

It's A Wonderful Life (1946) has a great script and really progressive too with its naturalism. This scene is beautifully performed by everybody. It sets up George's hopes and fears perfectly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Casf9U2gaOI

Dr Rock

Dr Rock

Which reminds me of The Hitcher. No wasted dialogue there, screenplay is lean and tight as fuck.

NoSleep

There's lots of good scripts that even shine through poor direction and acting. Can't think of a movie offhand, but I've recently watched I, Claudius, where the script powers through the series (and kept my interest). Most of the main actors are great in it, but there's a huge cast, some of which appear not to understand what they're saying nor are they getting the necessary direction to improve upon this. John Hurt does a good job of playing Caligula but I can't get over his pronunciation of "impious": "impy-us" instead of im-pie-us. They must have been rushed to get it all finished on time.