Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:40:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Bond

Started by asids, December 28, 2017, 01:05:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

If James Bond is now a black woman will Monypenny be an alcoholic Englishman/Welshman/Irishman/Scotsman/Australiaman?

Thomas

I bet all the social media commenters who got their Reactionary Froth on after skim-reading the headline were actually quite disappointed to learn the reasonable truth. They adore having something PC to rail against.

As a bare minimum, basic critical thinking skills should involve 'reading beyond the headline'.

gatchamandave

Quote from: Shaky on July 14, 2019, 09:53:16 AM

Nah, it's only been revealed that he's playing a new baddie terrorist of some sort. Fans then posited he could be the new Blofeld.

Ooh, I wonder...

In the run up to The Spy Who Loved Me one idea that was mooted was that a bunch of ruthless, pissed off SPECTRE operatives wipe out Blofeld and his kapos for being shit, then reboot the organisation to be more brutal. Could do.that now 

- What do you mean, I belong to SPECTRE ? I was told I was in QUANTUM??? No, you get in the fucking piranha tank. And here - boot !!! Meoowww!!! Take that fur shedding bastard with you !!

Shaky

Quote from: gatchamandave on July 15, 2019, 06:36:41 PM
Ooh, I wonder...

In the run up to The Spy Who Loved Me one idea that was mooted was that a bunch of ruthless, pissed off SPECTRE operatives wipe out Blofeld and his kapos for being shit, then reboot the organisation to be more brutal. Could do.that now 

- What do you mean, I belong to SPECTRE ? I was told I was in QUANTUM??? No, you get in the fucking piranha tank. And here - boot !!! Meoowww!!! Take that fur shedding bastard with you !!

At the very least, with this probably being Craig's last outing and the way the last couple have gone it's unlikely to be a standalone thing. Maybe Malek's character will be one of Bond's illegitimate kids, hence the scripted Grace Jones cameo?

bgmnts

James Bond should have a kid who's a bit of a working class chav but is then recruited into MI5 and gradually becomes more cultured, refined and misogynistic.

mothman

Quote from: bgmnts on July 16, 2019, 12:53:39 AM
James Bond should have a kid who's a bit of a working class chav but is then recruited into MI5 and gradually becomes more cultured, refined and misogynistic.

Then I have just the film for you! It's called Jimmy and the Cloneasecretagentus.

Piggyoioi

With deep fakes all the rage these days, i'd love a Bond movie featuring all the bonds, each taking turns fucking every bong girl. Bukkake, the works boys. The finale is Bond fighting a super villain who's taken control over all the Morning After pill production in the western hemisphere.

Mister Six

Quote from: Shaky on July 16, 2019, 12:51:17 AM
At the very least, with this probably being Craig's last outing and the way the last couple have gone it's unlikely to be a standalone thing. Maybe Malek's character will be one of Bond's illegitimate kids, hence the scripted Grace Jones cameo?

Craig's signed on for at least one more after this, hasn't he?

Shaky

Quote from: Mister Six on July 17, 2019, 04:37:47 AM
Craig's signed on for at least one more after this, hasn't he?

It hasn't been officially announced but Bond 25 is being touted everywhere as his last one. Seems likely as he loses interest between films and the next would be 4 or 5 years away when he's well into his 50's.

In A View to a Kill, the Bond girl's real-life mother was younger than Roger Moore (62).

Bad Ambassador

Quote from: thecuriousorange on July 17, 2019, 01:00:42 PM
In A View to a Kill, the Bond girl's real-life mother was younger than Roger Moore (62).

Moore was 58 when AVtaK was released, while Tanya Roberts was 29.

I'm joshing. Although I actually thought he was 57. The thing about her mother being younger than Moore is true though.

phantom_power

Quote from: Dr Rock on April 25, 2019, 06:30:00 PM

I am pretty sure Jamie Redknapp wouldn't get such a big film as his first acting role

mothman

BlodwynPig

Saw half of The World is Not Enough last night. Christ. Bond, Actually. Goldie and Robbie Coltrane as Russians! Fucking hell

Mister Six

Quote from: Shaky on July 17, 2019, 10:47:56 AM
It hasn't been officially announced but Bond 25 is being touted everywhere as his last one. Seems likely as he loses interest between films and the next would be 4 or 5 years away when he's well into his 50's.

I suppose they just need to keep him around long enough for Idris Elba to definitely be too old to take over.

kidsick5000

Broccoli and Wilson must have known this is the last Craig for some time. They must have at least half an eye on the future.

There must be a few actors they're eyeing – and whoever you think suits it now, is not in the running.

Ant Farm Keyboard

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 21, 2019, 07:32:46 PM
Saw half of The World is Not Enough last night. Christ. Bond, Actually. Goldie and Robbie Coltrane as Russians! Fucking hell

Coltrane reprises his role from Goldeneye, where he had Minnie Driver as a nightclub singer mistress. The first half from TWINE isn't that bad. It's pretty generic, but Sophie Marceau does her best to give some depth to Elektra. In the second half, every scene where Denise Richards is involved is pretty awful, and the concept of Renard, the man who can't feel any physical pain, works better on paper than in execution.

mothman

Coming out the year after Trainspotting, the idea of Begbie as a Bond villain set unrealistic expectations.

bgmnts

Quote from: Ant Farm Keyboard on July 21, 2019, 10:15:42 PM
Coltrane reprises his role from Goldeneye, where he had Minnie Driver as a nightclub singer mistress. The first half from TWINE isn't that bad. It's pretty generic, but Sophie Marceau does her best to give some depth to Elektra. In the second half, every scene where Denise Richards is involved is pretty awful, and the concept of Renard, the man who can't feel any physical pain, works better on paper than in execution.

Isn't it because he had a bullet in his brain or something silly like that?

Not a patch on Alan Cummings and his Chekov's Pen.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: bgmnts on July 21, 2019, 10:54:06 PM
Isn't it because he had a bullet in his brain or something silly like that?

Not a patch on Alan Cummings and his Chekov's Pen.

A bullet in the brain preventing pain, this plotline never the twain*, it is insane

*They refrain to explain or menchain it again

bgmnts

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 21, 2019, 11:04:39 PM
A bullet in the brain preventing pain, this plotline never the twain*, it is insane

*They refrain to explain or menchain it again

It's both one the least cerebral and most cerebral plots in the Bond franchise.

Dyl Spinks

The new one now has an officially-announced title: No Time to Die.

madhair60

dr beat

^would go and see

Dyl Spinks

No time to think up a better title. That's Brosnan level.

Captain Z

Good old-fashioned, salt-of-the-earth Bond title that. A worthy addition to the 'die' series:

Live And Let Die
Tomorrow Never Dies
Die Another Day
Diemonds Are Forever