Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:39:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

David Bowie book club

Started by Famous Mortimer, December 29, 2017, 01:58:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Famous Mortimer

Looks like his lad is doing a book club of David's favourite books.

http://www.davidbowie.com/news/duncan-launches-bowie-book-club-twitter-57501

Seems like a good idea, and I'd never heard of "Hawksmoor" until just now, so I might go and pick it up.

http://www.davidbowie.com/news/bowie-s-top-100-books-complete-list-52061

Serge

Hmmm. I love David Bowie, but I hate Book Clubs, so I'm rather torn on this one.

Even though I was convinced I'd already read Hawksmoor, a quick look at the synopsis doesn't ring any bells whatsoever, so I probably haven't. I'm pretty sure I own it, though, so once I get all of my stuff out of storage, I might bump it up the 'to read' list.

Gamma Ray

Picked up a dog-eared copy of Hawksmoor from the library today. The start is great, lots of olde worlde wordlings from Xtofer Wren's left hand.

And all because Marc Riley played Station to Station on Bowie's birthday last week which led me to investigate the novel stories of it's creation.

Famous Mortimer

I ordered a copy off of the internet and it's still not turned up, two weeks later. Sort it out you bargain basement bastards.

Serge

Oh, you didn't order from Bargain Basement Bastards did you? They're worse than Second Hand Shits, though not as bad as Cut-Price Cunts.

non capisco

I always order mine from Dirt Cheap Dichotomously Diligent Dickheads. No problem with those lads.

Well, you get the idea with that.

Famous Mortimer

Still not turned up, and whatever re-seller Amazon used has claimed it might not be here for another week. I mean, I'd want it delivered from the moon in less than a month, much less some warehouse allegedly in the same country I am.

Serge, any danger of you slipping it in the post to me from your work? I mean, I'll pay for it and everything.

Serge

I have a horrible feeling that we only post out within the UK, but I'll check when I'm next in. I'm off until Sunday, so I'll let you know then!

EDIT: I suppose that obviously I could just post it out myself of course. I'll see what I can do.