Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:05:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Last tune you played 5 times in a row

Started by Rocket Surgery, December 30, 2017, 07:38:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveDave

Bhazor

Can - Turtles Have Short Legs. I'm sure I'll go to hell for saying so but it might legitimately be my favourite Can song.

itsfredtitmus

long fin killie - idiot hormone

came out in 1995 but sounds like it could be playing on radio 6 nowadays (field music)

Neville Chamberlain

This one, last weekend, when I had the flat to myself and a few beers to hand:

The Fall - Mere Pseud Mag Ed

Like the rest of the album - Hex Enduction Hour - from which this song came, The Fall create a sound that is both intense and magical yet always on the verge of falling apart as the group's abilities as musicians are tested to the limit (I mean this, if course, in the best possible way!). That "middle eight" section, Hanley's bass...fucking hell!!!

Dr Syntax Head

Olsen-Boards of Canada. It's too short so I made a long version edited in Logic that lasts about the duration of it played around 5 times in a row.

itsfredtitmus

Quote from: Dr Syntax Head on March 16, 2018, 05:09:25 PM
Olsen-Boards of Canada. It's too short so I made a long version edited in Logic that lasts about the duration of it played around 5 times in a row.
olsen is what nostalgia sounds like

Dr Syntax Head

Quote from: itsfredtitmus on March 16, 2018, 05:35:33 PM
olsen is what nostalgia sounds like

Yeah it's fantastic isn't it. It sounds like a blue skyscape.

Lemming

Flying Saucer Attack by Rezillos, ALL DAY. LOOP. I feel like I'm on crack.

Dr Syntax Head

Calling them all away off the new BRMC album. It's a bloody lovely psych drone for some minutes and then it kicks off into layered guitar goodness. Right up my street.

jobotic

Ferris

Quote from: Dr Syntax Head on March 16, 2018, 07:09:42 PM
Calling them all away off the new BRMC album. It's a bloody lovely psych drone for some minutes and then it kicks off into layered guitar goodness. Right up my street.

BRMC are ace aren't they? I'd forgotten about them entirely.

Time to dive back in!

Gregory Torso

Shit And Shine - "Panther Piss". Makes me feel like I'm in a blacklight club on a dance floor hissing with neon pink smoke.

Dirty Boy

Neomod

Psmith

"Never Understand" - The Jesus and Mary Chain

https://youtu.be/b2bzrCCKDwc

I've been re-visiting The Festive Fifty.

Dr Syntax Head

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on March 17, 2018, 12:38:37 AM
BRMC are ace aren't they? I'd forgotten about them entirely.

Time to dive back in!

Yes they are. They've gone into 'all the albums sound similar' territory lately but I've been a loyal fan since day one. They sounded like a composite of a lot of bands I was listening to when they came around.

Cuellar

Probably Steve Earle - Feel Alright after hearing it at the end of series 2 of The Wire the other day. I like how the intro sounds almost like a bouzouki - very fitting given the season's events, I thought.

Dr Syntax Head

Quote from: Cuellar on March 19, 2018, 09:30:06 AM
Probably Steve Earle - Feel Alright after hearing it at the end of series 2 of The Wire the other day. I like how the intro sounds almost like a bouzouki - very fitting given the season's events, I thought.

I love that song. I also repeat listened to it for a while and yes it was after watching season 2 The Wire. The harmonica solo part is brilliant.

hedgehog90

In the last few days I've listened to Faron Young and Goodbye Lucille #1 by Prefab Sprout a bunch of times.

Faron Young strikes me as having the most surprising chorus of any song that I can think of.
Goes from american-cowboy-with-guitar to doe-eyed-english-ponce in a flash.

greenman

Quote from: Bhazor on March 15, 2018, 07:33:48 PM
Can - Turtles Have Short Legs. I'm sure I'll go to hell for saying so but it might legitimately be my favourite Can song.

Wouldn't be my pick but nothing wrong with that, I'v always been very fond on Shikako Maru Ten

itsfredtitmus

Nowhere's Who thread got me on them again
Had Tattoo and Baba on all day

colacentral

Doesn't happen to be very often but most recently it was "Gold Day" by Sparklehorse. Beautiful song (though the obvious derivativeness of Linkous' lyrics annoy me - a bit of Smog here, a bit of Neutral Milk Hotel there, etc. It's acceptable when the songs turn out this good though).

https://youtu.be/UuLFaPE9iiI

Neomod

The Comeback Kid Suite by Jon Brion. Basically the theme to Mulaney's comedy special of the same name.

Beautiful with echoes of Morricone's Once Upon a Time in America. I could listen to an album of this stuff but it's a criminally short 1.36 in length.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1IzpPEOwrg

thraxx

I've been listening to Khraungbin's Boiler Room gig on loop since being introduced to it on here, must have listened to is around 20 times in the last week.

Porter Dimi

Quote from: Dr Syntax Head on March 16, 2018, 05:09:25 PM

I love the alternative version on the Peel Session EP. There's something very melancholy about it, whereas the album version is sinking into a deep blue ocean.

Last tune I played five times in a row is 'Come to Milton Keynes'. Blur ten years before Blur, as Chart Music points out.

buttgammon

After years of mixed feelings and indifference, I'm going mad for Autechre at the moment, and I think I literally played Flutter five times in a row the other day. I particularly love the way it was set-up as a means of circumventing the 'repetitive beats' that were regulated by the Criminal Justice Bill - the idea of going to great lengths to avoid subtly avoid repetition sounds like something the Viennese serialists might have done.

Neomod

The other night my g/f and I got very drunk and were jumping around the kitchen to the single version of this. Several times.

It's so up!

Boys Wonder Shine On Me

Quote from: Neomod on April 05, 2018, 02:28:03 PM
The other night my g/f and I got very drunk and were jumping around the kitchen to the single version of this. Several times.

It's so up!

Boys Wonder Shine On Me

They're a blast from the past, I used to play this white label back in my Balearic DJ days

https://www.discogs.com/Boys-Wonder-Eat-Me-Drink-Me/release/7951062

It has the Mantronix beat as used in Snap - The Power, but apart from that I can't remember any of it. Can't find it anywhere online either.

hamfist

Harborcoat by REM

Just can't stop listening to it, humming it, telling my kids there's a splinter in their eye