Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 05:18:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I just shoplifted from Tesco. Is that wrong?

Started by Dr Rock, December 31, 2017, 12:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THE SANCTITY OF THE POLL!

Harpo
8 (19%)
Groucho
4 (9.5%)
Chico
9 (21.4%)
Zeppo
13 (31%)
Gummo
3 (7.1%)
Corbo
1 (2.4%)
An tSaoi
4 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Cloud

Quote from: Danger Man on January 04, 2018, 10:30:30 PM
When I worked at the supermarket I had a one-off conversation with a computer bloke who was sent there for the day to check the special checkout.

The checkouts were three types. Self-service, normal and scan the items yourself with a little laser gun as you wander around the supermarket before going to the special checkout to say that you scanned the items yourself.

He told me that the scan the items yourself checkout was losing money hand over fist, as was (to an extent) the self-service checkout. The old style checkouts lost almost nothing but the supermarket was trying to get rid of the old checkouts because they wanted to reduce the wage bill at all costs.

Just to make that clear, the supermarket was happier being robbed than paying wages.

Maybe Dr Rock was right.

Interesting. Suspected as much with the scan for yourself thing, even though I get """randomly""" checked almost every time (probably look suspicious on the cameras studying the labels on things etc)

They should really adjust the 'randomness' based on how accurate (much of a thief) people have been