Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,466
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 03:02:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Obvious things you've only just realised (2018 Thread )

Started by Lisa Jesusandmarychain, January 01, 2018, 11:08:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NurseNugent

Replies From View

Vodka Margarine

Replies From View

Quote from: checkoutgirl on January 17, 2018, 12:21:21 PM
Yeah, the bit where you use your brain. You really are a dickshocker.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that Take That is your sixth favourite.  Sorry!

1) Boyzone
2) Bros
3) Blue
4) 2Unlimited (he only knows the No Limit tune, but he listens to it so often that it comes at number 4)
5) The male half of ABBA (he has custom-made mixes with the women faded out)
6) Take That

There you go.  Please accept my most heartfelt apologies for omitting Take That.

Mini Me in Austin Powers was at least partially inspired by Nick Nack from The Man With The Golden Gun.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: thecuriousorange on January 20, 2018, 03:32:13 PM
Mini Me in Austin Powers was at least partially inspired by Nick Nack from The Man With The Golden Gun.

Or possibly this infamous film made a year earlier?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEP-e6Dynsw

Cerys

Copenhagen is not halfway down the west coast of Denmark.  I am forty-five and just a bit embarrassed.

Vodka Margarine

Perry Farrell is a) not his real name and b) a play on the word 'peripheral'. Peri-pheral.

Famous Mortimer

The "CaB Men" thread is a play on words of "Mad Men". Never realised until just now.

rapid relief

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on January 23, 2018, 05:21:41 PM
The "CaB Men" thread is a play on words of "Mad Men". Never realised until just now.

...and i've only just realised that 'mad men' is a play on 'ad men'.

bgmnts

Icehaven

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on January 23, 2018, 05:21:41 PM

Quote from: rapid relief on January 23, 2018, 07:36:48 PM
...and i've only just realised that 'mad men' is a play on 'ad men'.

You two are going to shit brix when you find out where the original term Mad Men comes from...

non capisco

^ I'm still not over you pointing out that Megan from Mad Men looks like Freddie Mercury.

Icehaven

Quote from: non capisco on January 23, 2018, 09:35:53 PM
^ I'm still not over you pointing out that Megan from Mad Men looks like Freddie Mercury.

And that wasn't even bitchery, they'd make a fine couple (of Siamese Twins).

non capisco

Icehaven

gib

when the telly shows the word ENDEMOL at the end of Black Mirror or Deal or No Deal, it is NOT an a sort of anagram of NOEL EDMONDS.

zomgmouse

Bad News Bears is, I'm almost certain, a reference to the phrase "bearer/s of bad news".

Hobo With A Shit Pun

Quote from: gib on January 25, 2018, 12:07:43 AM
when the telly shows the word ENDEMOL at the end of Black Mirror or Deal or No Deal, it is NOT an a sort of anagram of NOEL EDMONDS.

It stands for END 'EM ALL, and it's what Neol hears the voices say, these days.

Serge

a duncandisorderly

I was a long way into adulthood before I was disabused of the notion that a pony was a baby horse. I mean, it sort of is, in a manner of speaking, but I thought they were /foals/, you see?

Cerys

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on January 25, 2018, 05:01:46 PM
I was a long way into adulthood before I was disabused of the notion that a pony was a baby horse. I mean, it sort of is, in a manner of speaking, but I thought they were /foals/, you see?

It's alright mate, I was in my late 20's before I realised goats were not male versions of sheep.

Gregory Torso

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on January 25, 2018, 05:01:46 PM

When a horse first hatches it is called a "foal". Pony is the next stage, think of it as a horse toddler. Then you have the "horse". And finally the "big horse".

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on January 25, 2018, 06:28:59 PM
It's alright mate, I was in my late 20's before I realised goats were not male versions of sheep.

In Chinese, "goat" and "sheep" use the same word. Same with "rat" and "mouse". They don't bother to make a distinction. Economical language in some ways.

Quote from: zomgmouse on January 25, 2018, 02:22:34 AM
Bad News Bears is, I'm almost certain, a reference to the phrase "bearer/s of bad news".

Nothing to do with Bad News Brown?

Cerys

Quote from: Gregory Torso on January 25, 2018, 06:41:35 PM
When a horse first hatches it is called a "foal". Pony is the next stage, think of it as a horse toddler. Then you have the "horse". And finally the "big horse".

This is all true, as illustrated by this retired horse:

Icehaven