Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:16:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Obvious things you've only just realised (2018 Thread )

Started by Lisa Jesusandmarychain, January 01, 2018, 11:08:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MojoJojo

The Simon Day performing at the Mill Road Winter festival isn't that Simon Day.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: New Jack on November 26, 2018, 01:56:01 AM
I'm either too damaged to cope online or people are bigger cunts than I thought. Prob a bit of both.

Asked the admin to remove this account. Thanks for all the fun! Keep the Play it safe Paul thread going in my disgrace honour!

damn. bailing from a safe-haven like this. bad times. hope he's well & returns.

Icehaven

Quote from: Replies From View on November 30, 2018, 12:51:49 PM
Yet that was enough time to hatch maggots for raining down on you.

About 3 or 4 days, so yep.

Replies From View

Quote from: icehaven on December 01, 2018, 05:18:37 PM
About 3 or 4 days, so yep.

I just wouldn't have maggots growing in potatoes.  Pointless.

Twit 2

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on December 01, 2018, 05:06:44 PM
damn. bailing from a safe-haven like this. bad times. hope he's well & returns.

Applying the inverse flounce rule, with a bit of luck he'll be back soon. Serious about leaving? Just stop posting and never look back. Delete my account = see you tomorrow. I say this as someone who's flounced hard at least once in my CaB history. You hurt the ones you love.

Ferris

Quote from: Twit 2 on December 02, 2018, 12:01:51 AM
Applying the inverse flounce rule, with a bit of luck he'll be back soon. Serious about leaving? Just stop posting and never look back. Delete my account = see you tomorrow. I say this as someone who's flounced hard at least once in my CaB history. You hurt the ones you love.

I took a week off CaB and my screen time decreased 48% which is good (or bad, depending on how you look at it...)

Back in a less active capacity now so we'll see how that goes.

a duncandisorderly

I only come in here when I'm at work, & then only nights & weekends. which is why there's these bursts of activity & then silence. I have a week off every month... a week off everything, pretty much... when I'm in madrid with the mrs & kids. couldn't cope otherwise.

Endicott

^
^^
^^^
I enjoy reading all three of you's posts.

I take breaks as well, usually when I'm on a break I stay away from the news as well. Have to recharge my soul.

Howj Begg

a sandwich hoarding man does not, actually, sell sandwiches.

mothman

That explains why he was so reluctant to let me have them. Must have been his packed lunch.

Sebastian Cobb

Judge Rinder pronounces his surname rin-der rather than like the fat on bacon.

Just makes him more preposterous if anything.

olliebean

In the game "Grandmother's Footsteps," the "Grandmother" is the only participant who stands still and therefore doesn't have any footsteps.

mothman

I don't know if this is obvious (or even true), but Teen Moth earlier made a bid for inclusion in this thread by telling me that the origin of the phrase "break a leg" stems, not from theatrical performances, but from theatrical auditions; and by telling somebody to "break a leg" you're hoping they'll end up... IN THE CAST.

zomgmouse

Quote from: mothman on December 07, 2018, 08:44:54 PM
I don't know if this is obvious (or even true), but Teen Moth earlier made a bid for inclusion in this thread by telling me that the origin of the phrase "break a leg" stems, not from theatrical performances, but from theatrical auditions; and by telling somebody to "break a leg" you're hoping they'll end up... IN THE CAST.

This was floating around the internet a couple of weeks ago and seems absolutely dubious.

hedgehog90

I broke my leg once and ended up in The Cast. There must have been around 200 of us in that thing. Side by side, our legs were adjoined with bandages and plaster.
When we tried walking it looked like a dance routine from a Busby Berkeley film.

Gulftastic

KennyMonster

Quote from: hedgehog90 on December 08, 2018, 10:50:07 AM
I broke my leg once and ended up in The Cast. There must have been around 200 of us in that thing. Side by side, our legs were adjoined with bandages and plaster.
When we tried walking it looked like a dance routine from a Busby Berkeley film.

When I dislocated my shoulder I was only allowed to join The Las.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: Gulftastic on December 09, 2018, 07:52:34 PM
''Bad Mamma Jammer' = 'Bad Mother Fucker.

also this-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AHI4DL2BZc

(although it was also a vehicle- no pun intended- for ronnie's engine impressions)

Sebastian Cobb

It was only fairly recently I realised, possibly after some googling, the Gregorian calendar wasn't devised on 0/1AD.

I'm an apathetic-agnostic/apathetic-athiest (apathiest?) so fuck knows why I never really questioned it.

popcorn

Replies From View

Rocket Surgery

I've spent my whole life thinking that ostriches lived in Australia among the kangaroos, drop-bears and bogans. Now Richard Osman informs me they're native to Africa.

I also thought it was spelled 'ostritch' until my browser's spellchecker flagged it just now.

zomgmouse

Quote from: Replies From View on December 19, 2018, 08:21:24 AM
Why though?  She doesn't use pens.
pen
crayon

Quote from: Rocket Surgery on December 19, 2018, 08:34:48 PM
I've spent my whole life thinking that ostriches lived in Australia among the kangaroos, drop-bears and bogans. Now Richard Osman informs me they're native to Africa.

You're thinking of emus and/or cassowaries mate

Replies From View

Quote from: zomgmouse on December 20, 2018, 06:19:59 AM
pen
crayon

She uses crayons, not pens.

I'm asking why her first name is a reference to pens when she never uses pens.

momatt

It's short for penis.

Because that's her favourite things to draw with her pens.

Jerzy Bondov

The theme is equivocal on this point - Penny herself does not possess any superhuman abilities. All of her power is derived from her magic crayons. If she were to use a normal crayon or, indeed, a pen, whatever it was she drew would not walk, talk, come to life, or create 'lots of bother'. This seems screamingly obvious if you consider that she likely needs to complete forms etc without everything coming off the page to the perpetual amazement of Dennis. Therefore she must have a pen. This matter is now closed.

Norton Canes

The 'clunk' in 'clunk-click' refers to the closure of the car door and is not a component of the seat belt bucklement.