Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:30:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Obvious things you've only just realised (2018 Thread )

Started by Lisa Jesusandmarychain, January 01, 2018, 11:08:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norton Canes

Quote from: olliebean on June 22, 2018, 08:58:34 AM
What if it wasn't fresh when it was put into the box?

Doesn't matter. Boxfresh = as fresh as when it came out the box.

Norton Canes

Quote from: Replies From View on June 22, 2018, 09:00:57 AM
What if went mouldy between being put in the box and being taken out of the box?

Again, doesn't matter. 'Boxfresh' = as fresh as when it came out the box

I've been quite specific

Ferris

Hardly any boxes inspire me to think of freshness, at all.

Is tupperware a sort of box? If so, them.

Sebastian Cobb

Suzanne Vega's Luka is about a neglected child and not a battered wife.

manticore

I learnt from Pointless this week that a Dutch Uncle is 'a person giving firm but benevolent advice'.

Didn't have a clue before - heard the phrase every so often for 40+ years but never thought to look it up.

greenman

Quote from: manticore on June 23, 2018, 03:40:48 AM
I learnt from Pointless this week that a Dutch Uncle is 'a person giving firm but benevolent advice'.

Didn't have a clue before - heard the phrase every so often for 40+ years but never thought to look it up.

Dating from the early 00's with said uncle relating carrying out premature activates to the time needed for the brewing of beer?

buttgammon

Never knew this - whenever I heard the phrase, I always thought it sounded like an early Brian Eno song.

gib

That Blue Peter dog was called Petra because that's the female version of Peter.

Replies From View

Quote from: gib on June 23, 2018, 03:32:48 PM
That Blue Peter dog was called Petra because that's the female version of Peter.

Lubed Petra.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Replies From View

biggytitbo

Why are so many things Dutch? Dutch Uncle, Dutch auction, Dutch oven, Dutch Barry etc.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: biggytitbo on June 24, 2018, 10:07:59 AM

Why are so many things Dutch? Dutch Uncle, Dutch auction, Dutch oven, Dutch Barry etc.

pass the dutchie.

biggytitbo

pancreas

Dutch Courage, Going Dutch, Dutch Triple Bypass Operation.

a duncandisorderly

Replies From View

Ferris

Dutched potatoes, nice to Dutch you, Starsky and Dutch

Brundle-Fly

The painted girl in the opening credits of Goldfinger (1965) is Margaret Nolan who plays Dink in the film. She also played Dawn Brakes who has a scrap with Barbara Windsor in Carry On Girls (1973)

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on June 24, 2018, 03:43:47 PM
The painted girl in the opening credits of Goldfinger (1965) is Margaret Nolan who plays Dink in the film. She also played Dawn Brakes who has a scrap with Barbara Windsor in Carry On Girls (1973)

I was at school with a lass called dawn breeze.

Brundle-Fly

olliebean

Dutch Summer, Dutch Wednesday, Dutch Malcolm, Dutch Twunt.

Cold Meat Platter

I think the "Dutch" adjective is similar to the "pardon my French" thing, in that our imperialist rivals were made fun of as being filthy, cowardly, stingy etc.

kalowski

Hardly any boxes inspire me to think of freshness, at all.
What about a box in a brothel?

Replies From View