Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,485
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 05:46:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tennis 2018

Started by selectivememory, January 01, 2018, 04:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Quote from: bgmnts on July 13, 2018, 07:48:48 PM
Mac just said damn pre watershed.

Anderson must be on the juice.

Another bet, another loss. Give up

selectivememory

So, so good to see these two facing off in the latter stages of a major again. The difference in quality between the two semifinals today is vast.

Hope Djokovic can finish the job when they resume tomorrow. Getting the third set there was crucial.

monolith

I think Nadal can recover from losing the third set, don't think Djoke could.

I think with their recent form I'd still say it was 50/50 at this point and in fact I fancy Nadal to win it.

selectivememory

I'd agree, third set was more important for Novak and at this point it's still 50/50, and definitely an edge to Rafa if he gets the fourth set. If this were a couple of months down the line, I reckon with his gradual progress this year, Djokovic would be well in at this point of the match. But we'll see. I thought if anything Nadal looked the better player in that third set.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quotedefinitely an edge to Rafa if he gets the fourth set.

Djokovic will have won if he doesn't, so bit of an edge there too.

selectivememory

Yes, if Djokovic wins the match I think Djokovic will have won the match.

monolith

If he wins the 4th set he has a great chance.

selectivememory

Ah, that was so good. Great to see Djokovic in the final again.

Kerber-Williams should also be good.

Deanjam

Care bear wins! Straight sets.

selectivememory

Great performance. Good to see her get another slam.

wosl

Shut up, Sue Barker.  Shut up, Sue Barker.  Shut up, Sue Barker.  Shut up, Sue Barker.

rue the polywhirl

Just seen the women's result. No interest in tennis but great to see Serena getting Kerb stomped. Ambivalent about tomorrow's final. Djokovic to come out on top-ovic?

rjd2

Bencic, Kasaktina, Osaka, Ostepenko and Serena all handled in straight sets. That's seriously impressive from Kerber.

biggytitbo

Always great to see Serena beat, second only to seeing Federer go out. Hopefully the last we've seen of both of them at this stage of a grand slam.

I don't get the Serena hate - you should all be rooting for her to win two more Grand Slams so that the world can forget about Margaret Court forever.

colacentral

Serena finally gets found out in this tournament, only got to the final through the incredible good fortune of the draw and her best opponents beating themselves. Thank God Kerber could punish her numerous mistakes, unlike so many others in the past two weeks.

The BBC's hyperbolic praise of her was sickening throughout.

Deanjam

That must be the most underwhelming mens + women's finals combined at Wimbledon ever.

selectivememory

I think last year's finals were just as bad to be fair. Federer-Cilic was maybe the worst slam final I've ever watched the whole way through.

But then at least this tournament we got two of the best men's matches in years with Nadal-Delpo and Djokovic-Nadal.

Anyway, nice to see Djokovic get another. Doesn't deserve to be so far behind the other two in the slam count, and I expect he'll close that gap a little more by the time they're all done.

monolith

He's definitely above Nadal and I really hope he gets the Grand Slams to show that.

Possibly a better player than Federer although no one is better to watch than Federer.

Z

any reason they wouldn't just postpone wimbledon for a week in world cup years (it always clashes, doesn't it)? Surely there'd be a big push from sponsors and the like for them to do it?

monolith

Quote from: Z on July 15, 2018, 06:46:47 PM
any reason they wouldn't just postpone wimbledon for a week in world cup years (it always clashes, doesn't it)? Surely there'd be a big push from sponsors and the like for them to do it?
Can you imagine if England actually had made the final? Would look ridiculous with empty seats and there would be at least a few.

Z

Quote from: monolith on July 15, 2018, 09:17:44 PM
Can you imagine if England actually had made the final? Would look ridiculous with empty seats and there would be at least a few.
...and everyone else watching the pre-match coverage on their phones, as Alan Shearer's opinions would be more important in that moment than how much Anderson is gonna lose by.

selectivememory

Great to see Del Potro make the US Open final. Would love to see him and Osaka win the titles this weekend. Both such likeable players.

Deanjam

Yeah, nice to see. Not seen any of this years sadly as I'm not buying Amazon prime.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Osaka cleaning up here

selectivememory

This is some tantrum from Serena. Been docked a whole game because of her abuse of the umpire.

Being outplayed by Osaka anyway. Wasn't likely to win it.

Edit: hope that lengthy interval doesn't throw Osaka off. She really deserves this.

BlodwynPig

Dickhead serena losing all post baby goodwill

selectivememory

Yay!

Amazing performance that's going to be completely overshadowed by Serena's shitty behaviour.

Hopefully Osaka can do this kind of thing more often. So much fun to watch.

rjd2

It did seem like a harsh penalty point initially, but the reaction from Serena was pretty awful.

The crowd have been awful tonight and all week for the ladies, previous nights absolutely dead even for Keys which was very depressing.