Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 10:36:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

"Betty: They Say I'm Different" - Betty Davis Documentary

Started by NoSleep, January 02, 2018, 07:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoSleep

Apparently this premiered in November but I can only find trace of a trailer and a website (where I learnt that it was due out last November). There doesn't seem to be an IMDB entry for it (nor for Betty Davis).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYCHRXpCz8c

There's nothing like a mystery.

Petey Pate

Odd reliance on stock footage for that trailer.  Was that Betty's real voice doing the narration?

NoSleep

It is Betty's voice as far as I know. The basis of the film is her narration. The glimpse of the old woman you see from behind is no doubt her.

NoSleep

I've signed up to their mailing list in the hope of some information.

Serge

Good luck with that! I've been following them on Facebook and asked if they had any info about a UK release date, but didn't get a response. Even if it just comes out as a DVD, I'll take it, I just want to see it!

I'm imagining that there isn't a great deal of footage of her in her prime, so they're probably going to ahve to improvise around that, but then, you could say the same for Rodriguez, and 'Searching For Sugarman' turned out fine.