Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:29:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Gomorrah season 3 coming v soon

Started by Dr Syntax Head, January 03, 2018, 06:01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viero_Berlotti

Fantastic, I've just got the last couple of episodes to watch of series 2 this week. There's a glut of crime/gangster based TV shows out there, but Gomorrah is special.

Dr Syntax Head

It really is. It's really full of a lot of emotion other gangster shows ignore for basic cruelty and killing. It's really well done how much weight every death carries in this show. It really doesn't glamorise that lifestyle at all.

wooders1978

Not sure all of Ciros kills carry all that much emotion (the BIG one aside) dude is a total sociopath

jobotic

Oh God. i will watch it religiously and get more and more depressed as I do so. This is all I need.

Dr Syntax Head

Quote from: wooders1978 on January 06, 2018, 12:19:43 AM
Not sure all of Ciros kills carry all that much emotion (the BIG one aside) dude is a total sociopath

Yeah I meant the emotion it generates in the viewer rather than the character.  Fucking hell I feel a right clown writing that down.

wooders1978

Oh yes definitely - in season 1 where they rob that warehouse and he just guns down that woman, visceral stuff

Viero_Berlotti

Series 3 Trailer (huge spoilers if you haven't watched right to the end of series 2 yet)

https://youtu.be/G-IZvPS9cEw

jobotic

An even bigger fucking spoiler about series 3 if you let it run. Bugger.

Best avoided.

wooders1978

HOLY SHIT - all episodes available!!!
That's it, I'm having a wank

jobotic

Watching the first episode. Did Gennaro give his father up? I need to watch the end of  season 2 again.

Depressing Italian seaside towns piss all over anything East Kent has to offer.

wooders1978

Quote from: jobotic on February 01, 2018, 12:59:26 AM
Watching the first episode. Did Gennaro give his father up? I need to watch the end of  season 2 again.

Depressing Italian seaside towns piss all over anything East Kent has to offer.

To save you the bother - yes he did

wooders1978

Should anything happen to me, please let my family know I would like to be buried in the same, modest, hurst as Pietro Savastano

Bazooka

Just binged all of series 1, halfway through 2 and its been a real joy. They are all pure cunts, but gripping.

wooders1978

Just finished the lot and need to process it - where is everyone??

jobotic

Sorry, only done the first two episodes of this season.

I'm totally involved when I watch them but then can't remember a bloody thing a few weeks later.

I need to watch the first two again - where does one do this?

wooders1978

If u mean the episodes of season 3 then they are on now tv or sky box sets
I dare say you might be able to dig them out on YouTube but beware spoilers

jobotic

Thanks, but I mean the first two series. I've watched it from the beginning but all only once.

Episode 3 now. Sofia makes Secondigliano look like paradise so far.

wooders1978

Oh right - think the answer is the same - worth forking out for a month of now tv for IMO

rjd2

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2018/feb/01/maltese-mafia-drama-exposes-era-when-sicilian-mob-reigned-in-blood

Has anyone seen Maltese Mafia detective? Aired on 40D. Its from the creators of Gomorrah and its pretty good although the 40d format is unbearable, absurd amount of breaks.

jobotic

Sounds really good. Like the idea of it coming from the cop's point of view. Falcon was a proper hero.

I have to remind my self that these people are cunts. I think that's why Gomorrah is so good. You don't admire any of them. Ciro's slight redemption in the episode i just watched is such a tiny drop in the ocean of the stuff he's done. the first series when we saw how they go into a neighbourhood, give people work, seem glamourous and get people onside then poison everything, was brilliantly done.

I enjoyed Romanco Criminale but we were meant to like them. Corleone was a bit cack.

Bazooka

Just finished season 3 enjoyed it, although can't see the point in it continuing without threading trod ground.

niat

I enjoyed season 3 of Gomorrah, though I agree with Bazooka that the next season will need to do a lot to avoid the series repeating itself.

Finished Maltese last night. Thought it was excellent. The look of it was perfect, and really seemed to capture the feel of the 70s, beyond the obvious moustaches and haircuts. 

Annoying that it was only on All4, as the adverts really are intrusive, and unskippable. Hope they make another series and it's picked up on a decent platform in the UK.

Viero_Berlotti

Quote from: niat on February 23, 2018, 01:29:26 PM
Finished Maltese last night. Thought it was excellent. The look of it was perfect, and really seemed to capture the feel of the 70s, beyond the obvious moustaches and haircuts

I'll have to check out Maltese: The Mafia Detective as it sounds right up my street.

I've been watching a fair bit of 70's Italian Crime drama recently (Di Leo, Castellari etc) and you can certainly see the connection in Gomorrah. It has that same exciting dynamic of neorealism versus improbable melodrama, gritty concrete modernism versus faux Rococo extravagance.

jobotic

Season 4 tonight. I had no idea!

Sorry if not meant to resurrect a thread this old but don't reckon a new one would get many responses.

Bazooka

Thanks for the heads up, I also had no idea this was coming. Again I'll echo my earlier comment and say I don't think it has enough body to continue, yet I will be watching without a doubt.

Ja'moke

I binged the first three seasons earlier this year. Absolutely loved it. Glad to see season four is out now, already six episodes in. Definitely not to the standard of those first couple of seasons, but I'm still into it. Partly because I love Patrizia.

Chollis

Patri! Yeah, not quite up to the standard of the previous seasons, but it's still great telly. #TeamBlueBlood

niat

I watched the London episode last night (episode 4) and I thought it was a bit crap. The plot's been seen a million times, and it all wrapped up too neatly at the end. Genny's obvious disdain for London and refusal to speak any English was quite funny but I'll be glad when they are back in Italy for the next episode.

I enjoyed the previous 3 episodes, particularly the one with the kids which showed Patrizia becoming a proper Don.

Lost Oliver

Loved the first series and then this Italian girl who I fancy said it was too sentimental and it really put me off watching the second series. How pathetic is that? So CaB, does the second come close to the first? Or is it just a retread?