Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:24:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Books with amusing titles

Started by Fambo Number Mive, January 03, 2018, 09:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

There's a George Simenon book called Maigret Enjoys Himself, which conjures up images of a French police detective wanking at home in between solving crimes.

Black Ship

Serge

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on January 03, 2018, 09:39:55 PM
There's a George Simenon book called Maigret Enjoys Himself, which conjures up images of a French police detective wanking at home in between solving crimes.

Heh, I have noticed that one. Not a book title, but there is a story in one of the 'Just William' books called 'William Gets Wrecked' which sadly didn't turn out the way I'd hoped.

jobotic

I'm sure I'm not the first to make this entirely unoriginal mistake but I did find the title of Dale Peck's "Fucking Martin" funny becuase i read as "tsk - fucking martin, what a plum" rather than you know, doing him.

Never read it.

Oops! Wrong Planet

Grimly amusing. 'An Eye for a Bird' by Eric Hosking, pioneering 1930s bird photographer. Not just an obvious double entendre, but a reference to him losing an eye after a tawny owl attacked him and clawed him in the face.

Rocket Surgery

I'm assuming Dr. Chuck Tingle is disqualified for not being a real person?

Bhazor

One of my great charity shop regrets was not buying a book called "A Guide to Cottaging". Which was a 1980s book on decorating a rustic cabin into a cosy home.

Glebe

Quote from: studpuppet on January 03, 2018, 10:56:48 PM

This Pink-Whistle fellow certainly interferes with style. Decades of therapy ahead.

George White

You been listening to the latest episode of the podcast Looks Unfamiliar, haven't you?

Jittlebags

Republished as 'Shuffle the Shoemaker' - can't imagine why.

Serge

Michael Morpurgo's 'Tom's Sausage Lion' sounds like a reference to some very specific kinky sex act.

Brundle-Fly

Only if you're mildly dyslexic and pathetically immature?

Serge

Phil_A

This classic from the Amazon range of self-published ebook erotica:

Sebastian Cobb

I'm almost tempted to read that to see how bad it could be. Much like that book by Littlejohn I'm not sure the payoff would be worth my time.

Panbaams

easytarget

[tag]Chuck Klosterman smugly swaggers into thread, is roundly told to "fuck off". Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs - WTF? LOL I mean, two serious and a wacky? Jesus suffering fuck, Sex Lies and Videotape has created a template for the shittest, lazy hacks to barely fart their "ideas" into existence, Christ - I hate that fucking format so fucking much. Maybe he's a good writer, I'll never know because off the amount of fucking off he's required to do for putting his name next to that title. [/tag]