Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:31:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Death List 2018

Started by Cerys, January 04, 2018, 02:29:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zomgmouse

Blue Jam

Alberon

Seems his early death might not have been due to his dwarfism. From TMZ

QuoteVerne died Saturday, according to a statement from his family. We'd been told he was on some form of life support since being taken to the hospital earlier this month after cops got a report he was drunk and suicidal, and was treated for possible alcohol poisoning.

2018 started quite slow, but it seems to be really powering up now. Not just the expected names in their 70s and 80s either.

Nowhere Man

I get the bad feeling it'll next be a big name i.e Michael Caine or something

Mr Banlon

Quote from: Nowhere Man on April 21, 2018, 10:13:53 PM
I get the bad feeling it'll next be a big name i.e Michael Caine or something
One of The Stones I reckon. They're well overdue.

Roberta Flack, age 81, has been taken to hospital, feeling ill, apparently.  Maybe his song's finally killing her.

Nowhere Man

Fuck me, I didn't even know she was still alive!

koeman

Still one of the finest centre forwards ever to play for Norwich.

Alberon

A Japanese woman, Nabi Tajima, the last known living person born in the 19th Century has died. She was born on 4th August 1900.

Ian Drunken Smurf

Quote from: Alberon on April 22, 2018, 09:11:53 AM
A Japanese woman, Nabi Tajima, the last known living person born in the 19th Century has died. She was born on 4th August 1900.
Which was the same day as the fat cook aka the CoD's mum...

Bobtoo

They can fuck off with 1900 being the 19th century.

Alberon

It bloody well is!

There was no year zero and I'll cut anyone who says there was!

buttgammon

That might be the most bizarre week of celebrity deaths ever. This is what you get when all of the great ones have already gone...

petril

[tag]it's alright, I'm shite![/tag]

Malcy

Richard Harrison AKA 'Old Man' from Pawn Stars.

These shows are usually a load of shite but out of them all it was the one that was actually interesting and entertaining and not full of fake drama and bullshit. Always found him entertaining.

biggytitbo

Ferris

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Doesn't seem to be that many dying this year. Is the celebrity death fad finally over?

biggytitbo

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on June 26, 2018, 03:59:10 AM
Doesn't seem to be that many dying this year. Is the celebrity death fad finally over?

Yes, I think it was just a bandwagon jumping craze like the latest celebrity diet.

Shaky

Quote from: Malcy on June 25, 2018, 06:06:12 PM

Richard Harrison AKA 'Old Man' from Pawn Stars.

These shows are usually a load of shite but out of them all it was the one that was actually interesting and entertaining and not full of fake drama and bullshit. Always found him entertaining.

That's a shaved George Lucas with his glasses off, surely? Has anyone checked him recently?

Nowhere Man

JOE JACKSON IS DEAD

(Don't worry, it's not the one you're thinking of, it's The Jacksons father)

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/06/27/entertainment/joe-jackson-obit/index.html

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: Shaky on June 26, 2018, 07:01:45 AM
That's a shaved George Lucas with his glasses off, surely? Has anyone checked him recently?

Frankly, I think removing his eyebrows was a step too far. They've just made him look silly.

hedgehog90

Quote from: Joe Jackson's last tweetI have seen more sunsets than I have left to see. The sun rises when the time comes and whether you like it or not the sun sets when the time comes...

He's right you know, Ted.

FredNurke

[tag]Joe Jacksoff[/tag]

Ornlu

jobotic

Attila

Harlan Ellison has died.

Matt Cappotelli, my first hit of the year (not coincidentally, the only pick based on research)