Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:37:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Death List 2018

Started by Cerys, January 04, 2018, 02:29:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferris

Bob Dylan
Brigitte Bardot
The Queen
John Cooper Clark
Jimmy Carter
Danny Glover
Gary Glitter
Keith Richards
Ray Davies
Richard O'Brien

JoeyBananaduck

I genuinely thought John Cooper Clarke had died early last year. No idea why I thought so. Found out otherwise when my wife was looking at gig listings. 'Oh, John Cooper Clarke's on tour'. More fool me. Unless he actually is dead, in which case parading his lifeless shell around in such a grotesque fashion seems a very tasteless carry on.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Cerys on January 04, 2018, 02:29:51 AM
In the absence of a handy spreadsheet, and despite my insistence that no-one should die this year, here are my ten.

Ruth Madoc

I wasn't going to do this so was just going to post one name...and the name that flashed in my head was this...but she looks in fine fettle.

Ferris

Quote from: JoeyBananaduck on January 24, 2018, 02:02:57 AM
I genuinely thought John Cooper Clarke had died early last year. No idea why I thought so. Found out otherwise when my wife was looking at gig listings. 'Oh, John Cooper Clarke's on tour'. More fool me. Unless he actually is dead, in which case parading his lifeless shell around in such a grotesque fashion seems a very tasteless carry on.

I did no research, some may well be brown bread already.

Sherringford Hovis

Quote from: Cerys on January 24, 2018, 12:58:22 AM
And now Ursula le Guin has gone.  It's as if 2018 wants to beat 2016 but doesn't know quite how.

Fuck. George Orr is about the only fictional human I've ever closely identified with.

My 2018 list:
The fat bloke that wheezes at passers-by from the bench outside the ironmongers
Roy
Ivor
Maureen

I haven't heard of many of the people other CaBbers have listed, so I've gone with neighbours instead.

Cerys

Not Roy!  Roy can't die yet!

SteveDave

Quote from: SteveDave on January 07, 2018, 09:10:19 AM
David Crosby
Marianne Faithfull
The Queen
Prince Phillip
Brian Wilson
Daniel Johnston
Little Richard
Stan Lee
Kirk Douglas
Mark E Smith

DS...hopefully

Get in-ah!

JoeyBananaduck

Show some respect. R-I-I-R-I-I-R-I-I-P-ah!

gmoney

Nicholas Soames
Ric Flair
Superstar Billy Graham
Lady Gaga
Ian Rankin
Doug Stanhope
Simon Donald
Katie Hopkins
Prunella Scales
Timothy West

Who else thinks Ken Dodd's on the way out and that reassuring message to the press was PR bollocks by his agent?

SteveDave

Quote from: JoeyBananaduck on January 25, 2018, 09:41:18 AM
Show some respect. R-I-I-R-I-I-R-I-I-P-ah!

I've got more Simply Red than Fall songs on my iPod. When Mick goes I'll be in bits.

JoeyBananaduck

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on January 25, 2018, 10:06:02 AM
Who else thinks Ken Dodd's on the way out and that reassuring message to the press was PR bollocks by his agent?

I saw him about a year ago in York. He did about 3.5 hours but had a terrible cough. Didn't look long for this world, so yeah. I'll be a bit sad when he goes - Tears For Souvenirs was my grandma's favourite song. She died when I was 16 so it's pretty weird that I got to see him so many years later singing it. Bit of a last link.

Quote from: SteveDave on January 25, 2018, 10:12:26 AM
I've got more Simply Red than Fall songs on my iPod. When Mick goes I'll be in bits.

Simply Dead. Something Got Me Finished. The Air That I Don't Breathe. Holding Back The Hearse. Not very good.

I think everybody had Mark E Smith and the points till is ring dinging like a fire alarm.

Cerys

pigamus

Clive James is a bit better and writing again for the Guardian, thank God. Though now I've jinxed him he'll be dead by Tuesday.

Kane Jones

QuoteKen was visibly upset and angry about the fake report, and said of those responsible: "They are horrible monsters. I don't think they are human beings. I think they are evil. But I think they will get theirs. I can tell you now, there is a God and he will punish them."

Aww, the hopeless naïvety of someone at death's door.

Jockice

On the Daily Mail article in which Dodd lambasts the rumourmongers, the comment below was left.

Quotescockney rebel, London, United Kingdom, 10 hours ago

Ken Dodd - lovely fella. However, my Dad worked for the council in Liverpool. Ken Dodd's brother worked on the bin lorries, and apparently was a right miserable g1t. Happiness obviously not an encompassing emotion in the Dodd family...

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5313405/Sir-Ken-Dodd-fake-news-reports-dead.html#ixzz55JyJDy1m
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Quite a few readers have clicked on the red arrow in the bottom corner of the comment to indicate disagreement or disapproval.  Don't know why.  I'd be miserable if I had to spend my life emptying bins, especially if I had a successful, famous, lauded and wealthy brother to envy into the bargain.

JoeyBananaduck

Nowhere Man

Don't know if entry's are still being considered but here's my list anyway:

Kirk Douglas
Prince Phillip
Ken Dodd
Robert Wagner
Betty White
Yoko Ono
Jimmy Carter
Vera Lynn
Stan Lee
June Brown

Quote from: Nowhere Man on February 02, 2018, 02:05:54 AM
Don't know if entry's are still being considered but here's my list anyway:

Kirk Douglas
Prince Phillip
Ken Dodd

I hope Doddy recovers from his current illness long enough to do his April 22 show in Nottingham, as I've booked for that and never seen him live before.  Be cool to say you'd seen one of the last-ever shows of a giant of showbiz.

hamfist

Bella Emberg and Hannah Hauxwell this year - my wank bank is depleting fast :-(

Cerys

Is it too late to add Katie Hopkins?  Because Katie Hopkins.

koeman

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on February 02, 2018, 07:38:03 AM
I hope Doddy recovers from his current illness long enough to do his April 22 show in Nottingham, as I've booked for that and never seen him live before.  Be cool to say you'd seen one of the last-ever shows of a giant of showbiz.

So ideally you'd like him to recover, perform, and then die soon after?

BlodwynPig

You want him to die on stage?

zomgmouse

shiftwork2

Quote from: koeman on February 07, 2018, 03:08:47 AM
So ideally you'd like him to recover, perform, and then die soon after?

I laughed.

Quote from: BlodwynPig on February 07, 2018, 03:14:47 AM
You want him to die on stage?

I'd be quite exciting, though not till I'd got my money's worth of the show.  Missed Tommy Cooper's live demise, though seen it on YouTube.  It's how Ken would want to go.

JoeyBananaduck

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on February 07, 2018, 07:38:07 AM
I'd be quite exciting, though not till I'd got my money's worth of the show.  Missed Tommy Cooper's live demise, though seen it on YouTube.  It's how Ken would want to go.

Flailing around clutching his chest with one arm up Dicky Mint and a Tickling Stick in the other?