Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:37:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Links To Things That Are Cool

Started by Pienaar, January 15, 2005, 06:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarmiteCarpenter

Its a robot, and it plays guitar. Theres something about the way it shudders when it plays that makes me giggle.

slim

Hans

Quote from: "slim"LOTR - Really Short Edition

It made me smile this morning.
Hate to ruin it for you slim but that idea was done better here:

http://www.angryflower.com/lordot.gif

Rubella

http://www.filmcliches.com/

This is quite fun to pass the time :) Post your favourite cliche!

gazzyk1ns

If you put on Channel 5 at the moment, there is a film on which stars Scott Bakula and Karl Kennedy from Neighbours. He's not doing a bad American accent, to be fair to him.

EDIT: Robert Loggia is in it too. Of course he is, the film was made after 1970 and there is an "older military captain" character.

Lt Plonker

Quote from: "Rubbish Monkey"For between £300 and £5,000 you can have a "top" TV personality join your dinner party

For Jim Bowen:

QuoteRepetoire. As well as telling jokes, Jim will happily act as host for you to play a home version of Bullseye.

Let's hire him for the meet.

Frinky

Quote from: "Lt Plonker"Let's hire him for the meet.

I would seriously consider this.

Timmay

Heh, lets have a whip round. I'm betting he's around the £300 mark.

Purple Tentacle

Dr David V

That website is the coolest fucking thing ever. You can hire out The Wurzels AND Keith Harris for Christ's sake.

slim

Chip Zdarsky is... ELEKTRA!

I'd chuck in a fiver to get His Bowenness. No more though, I can imagine him thumbing through our wad of notes like he used to on Bullseye, looking like a second-hand car dealer.

I knew a woman who looked just like Jim Bowen, but with a big curly wig. Honest injun.

Purple Tentacle

Quote from: "Dr David V"That website is the coolest fucking thing ever. You can hire out The Wurzels AND Keith Harris for Christ's sake.

You could hire out everybody on that list if you were rich, and have the most surreal fucking party ever witnessed in history.

butnut

Syd Little is a vegetarian! What are the odds on that?

EDIT - and Keith Harris.

Mr Skinnylegs

It costs extra to hire Keith Harris AND Orville?

Why else would you fucking hire him?

Timmay

I'm going to phone them tomorrow.

Who are we looking at then, Mr Bullseye? Oh, and it looks like you can only hire them for a dinner or party, so we'd have to go for dinner somewhere. I'm assuming that's okay. After all, it's Jim FUCKING Bowen.

Frinky

Quote from: "Timmay"Who are we looking at then, Mr Bullseye? Oh, and it looks like you can only hire them for a dinner or party, so we'd have to go for dinner somewhere. I'm assuming that's okay. After all, it's Jim FUCKING Bowen.

I love you, Tim. I like this plan. I'm excited to be a part of it.

Quote from: "dr_lightning"It costs extra to hire Keith Harris AND Orville?

Why else would you fucking hire him?

Ahahaha!

butnut

Do you know how upset I'll be if you hire Jim Bowen when I can't be there? I hope he's already booked for that date.

Timmay

Quote from: "butnut"I hope he's already booked for that date.
Selfish bastard.

butnut

Actually, I might be able to get to you by the evening, depending. So go ahead and book him.

Should this move to the London Meet thread soon?

Rats

I saw that on popbitch and had the very same idea of you lot getting jim bowen for a meet, he's a legend. Oh, please tell me you will, he must be cheap.

untitled_london

gazzyk1ns

Didn't Bowen get sacked from his radio show some time last year for calling an assistant a nig-nog?

Ah, not as bad as it could have been really: link

Cambrian Times

Quote from: "slim"
I knew a woman who looked just like Jim Bowen, but with a big curly wig. Honest injun.

Did she have ginger chest hair?

slim

Quote from: "Cambrian Times"Did she have ginger chest hair?
I never looked and I never wanted to. <shudders>

hencole

I am willing to contribute a sizeable percentage of the price for Jim Bowen, please make it so. Please.

I think wes hould get Nick Leeson as well. He likes a game of poker after dinner apparantly. Hopefully we can bankrupt him and that will pay for Jim Bowen.

zozman

Yahoo's done a top ten website thingy

http://www.guardian.co.uk/online/news/0,12597,1395737,00.html

Worth a glance if you're bored.  That bloke who does Weebl and Bob won.

My Giddy Aunt

Enough to cheer up any inbox, or bored browsing, on a friday.

http://www.fridayanimal.co.uk/

Baxter

I worked for a web hosting company a few years ago and this was by far the best thing we hosted, http://www.lifemax.net/ .

mcbpete

RE the German Safety video and the VolksWagon Advert on page 2. The former was submitted in a german short film festival about a year ago (i.e. not a genuine documentary but a comedy short) and the latter was never actually submitted as an advert to either VW or DDB, it was made as a internet thingy to spread around the web via word of mouth (viral I think is the official term) and it's clearly worked..... sorry :)

Edit: The story about the Car advert

peet

http://www.10eastern.com/foundphotos/

QuoteABOUT FOUND PHOTOS:

The Found Photos started earlier this year while searching for mp3's using a filesharing program.  I was searching through someones shared file list, and saw a folder named 'pictures'.  I downloaded the folder and found 20 or so digital camera pictures of this persons life, taking pictures of himself, his friends etc.  It made me wonder what else was out there, and after searching for more photos I found hundreds, thousands of them shared to everyone.
I've been taking pictures since I was a kid, when my father gave me a Pentax K-1000.  I remember being super excited taking my negatives to a foto lab to get them exposed, to see how close I came to what I imagined I would see on film.  It took a lot of trial and error to get it right over the years.  The digital camera world is so instant and so different - and people seem to be up to speed with that kind of spontanaiety.  There still are people being more careful and planning shots with digital cameras, but there are way more people taking quick shots and looking at the LCD screen to see the end result and taking hundreds more just for fun.  With film, you had to wait to see the end result, unless you were really experienced and knew what the end result was going to be ahead of time.  Not to mention it's much more expensive to use film, with digital there's nothing to lose.  You can afford to take over 100 photos of yourself in the same pose or your cat, dog, boyfriend etc.
The world seems like a smaller place after finding all these photos and posting the ones that are worthwhile.  I can see so many of the same emotions and situations that i've experienced over the years, unique to each person but similar and instantly recognizable.  I've filtered through 1000's and 1000's of photos of everyday life and not so everyday life to find the ones that make up the archives here.   Hopefully the pictures as worthwhile to view as they have been to find.
What a perv.