Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:27:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Hard Sun (new Neil Cross drama)

Started by Ballad of Ballard Berkley, January 06, 2018, 11:35:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mothman

Missed this at the time, but in news that'll surprise nobody, it's been cancelled.

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2018-08-15/hard-sun-series-2/

Personally, I think the decision was made a long time ago, hence the finality of the cliffhanger and the bizarre decision to release the whole series on iPlayer while it was meant to be their flagship Saturday night drama. Those are both motions of no confidence if ever I saw one. I wonder if they were just humouring Cross so he'd do more Luther?

Alberon

It's a shame. The series was moronic wank and it ends at the exact point it should have begun.

A world realises it is going to end soon. How does it spend those last few years? Instead you got two ridiculous lead characters and a succession of psycho of the week stories.

Absolute fucking waste.

mothman

It's bizarre. Even if they'd omitted the final cliffhanger (just left it with two serving police officers weighing whether to murder the ruthless MI5 officer they've basically just framed for murder - which, were they to spare her and the charges stuck and her own employers didn't off her, would guarantee that she'd be leaving her husband and kids to die without her there when the end came), it's hard to see how they could have sustained it for four more years based on that first series. I've often talked here about how limited in scope apocalypse-related US TV and film can be, how blinkered; here, Cross appears to have made the same mistake.