Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 05:53:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Doctor Who - Series 11 (Part 1)

Started by Norton Canes, January 07, 2018, 05:29:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomas

Quote from: gloria on September 21, 2018, 01:09:13 PM
Not getting at you! Just the BBC for possibly pre-empting something that might be better left unrevealed.

I agree, but - if it is whom everybody suspects it to be - the BBC might hope that it guarantees a base of returning viewers.

Norton Canes

Quote from: Thomas on September 21, 2018, 01:04:50 PM
POTENTIAL SPOILER.

Doctor Who's official Twitter masters have teased something here:

https://twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/status/1042790504939835392/photo/1

People unanimously seem to think that it's [REDACTED]

Jesus, that's a tenuous assumption.

'Unanimously' except for the person a few Tweets down who posts an image from the same scene where it's clearly shown to be one of the episode's other characters.

Mango Chimes

Quote from: Replies From View on September 21, 2018, 10:57:07 AM
It's a teal and orange costume and the TARDIS is now a teal hue of blue.

"You mean that teal box of yours is a time machine?"
"Time and space. I can show you stars that don't exist yet. Planets that died long ago. I can show you skies that the twin suns have turned the deepest orange. We can walk through fields of the tealest grass. We can fly through clouds of teal and orange and teal. There's this one planet where waterfalls of teal emeralds crash off the orangest ruby cliffs!"

Thomas

Quote from: Norton Canes on September 21, 2018, 01:11:19 PM
'Unanimously' except for the person a few Tweets down who posts an image from the same scene where it's clearly shown to be one of the episode's other characters.

Forgive me, I was posting at work so I only had the time to be ill-informed.

mothman

Quote from: Bad Ambassador on September 21, 2018, 01:09:03 PM
I really hope it isn't him, because if it is, he will definitely try to fuck the Doctor.

To be fair, he'd have been just as likely to try when she was male.

Deanjam

Weird to post a picture suggesting a familiar face that turns out to be a random guest actor.

Norton Canes

We can feel the weight of history on your shoulders... NO PRESSURE, CHRIS!

Ha, they included Richard E Grant in the little montage of 'other' Doctors. 

Replies From View

Quote from: Norton Canes on September 21, 2018, 04:07:50 PM
Ha, they included Richard E Grant in the little montage of 'other' Doctors.

Surely it was a snapshot of The Great Intelligence in a montage of other characters saying "Doctor Who?"

kittens

it is clearly bradley walsh, the host from the tv quiz show 'the chase'

Norton Canes

Quote from: Replies From View on September 21, 2018, 05:39:36 PM
Surely it was a snapshot of The Great Intelligence in a montage of other characters saying "Doctor Who?"

Yes, it was Grant playing the GI. But it was placed - deliberately, I suggest, with a little nod to his roles in The Curse Of Fatal Death and Scream Of The Shalka - in a sequence also featuring McGann, Hurt, Bradley and Davison, other actors who have played the Doctor in a canon or quasi-canon capacity since the show relaunched (and also clips from classic era Doctors as featured in episodes like The Next Doctor).

Zetetic

Quote from: kittens on September 21, 2018, 06:06:18 PM
it is clearly bradley walsh, the host from the tv quiz show 'the chase'

"Bradley Who?"

Replies From View

Quote from: Norton Canes on September 21, 2018, 06:09:24 PM
Yes, it was Grant playing the GI. But it was placed - deliberately, I suggest, with a little nod to his roles in The Curse Of Fatal Death and Scream Of The Shalka - in a sequence also featuring McGann, Hurt, Bradley and Davison, other actors who have played the Doctor in a canon or quasi-canon capacity since the show relaunched (and also clips from classic era Doctors as featured in episodes like The Next Doctor).

Other people are interspersed saying "Doctor Who?" as well, though.  Jackie Tyler for example, and a couple of others whose names I can't remember. 

It's just that Grant's own "Doctor WHO?" is a bit more commanding, so it was put at the end of that particular string.

Replies From View

Jackie Tyler:  "Doctor Who?"
Shot of the Twelfth Doctor
Woman in Elizabethan dress:  "Doctor Who?"
Shot of the Tenth Doctor
Woman hanging upside down (edit:  it's Clara):  "Doctor Who?"
Shot of the Ninth Doctor
The Great Intelligence, played by Richard E Grant:  "Doctor WHO?"
Shot of the Eighth Doctor
Shot of the Fifth Doctor (from Time Clash)
Shot of the War Doctor
Shot of the First Doctor (from Twice Upon a Time)
Shot of the Curator and the Eleventh Doctor (from Day of the Doctor)
The Eleventh Doctor:  "D'you know, I never realised how much I enjoy hearing that said out loud.  Thank you."  etc

I do appreciate what you're getting at, but I think it's a coincidence rather than an easter egg.

Mister Six

olliebean

Quote from: Mister Six on September 23, 2018, 01:55:14 AM
New version of the trailer with a proper soundtrack... https://www.facebook.com/groups/SpitzDoctorWhoGroup/permalink/10156330641102771/

Is it available anywhere where you don't have to answer a questionnaire and wait to be approved for membership of a stupid facebook group before you can watch it?

Replies From View

I'm assuming it's a fanmade thing, as it's not been mentioned or shared anywhere else.

Mister Six

It has some clips that I don't think we've seen before so I think it's a "proper" trailer. But I'm also a fucking idiot so who knows.

Via The You Tube: https://youtu.be/mE1ZwerbLwA

The tune is the fantastic Another Girl, Another Planet by The Only Ones, but they've trimmed out the actual name of the song.

EDIT: Actually yeah probably not official. It is good though.

daf

Quote from: Mister Six on September 23, 2018, 03:05:35 PM
I think it's a "proper" trailer.

'edited by VG934' pops up at the end

QuoteAll videos on this channel have been made by Dom, David or Lee. Previously 'Vortexguyz934'

Replies From View

Quote from: Mister Six on September 23, 2018, 03:05:35 PM
It has some clips that I don't think we've seen before so I think it's a "proper" trailer. But I'm also a fucking idiot so who knows.

Via The You Tube: https://youtu.be/mE1ZwerbLwA

The tune is the fantastic Another Girl, Another Planet by The Only Ones, but they've trimmed out the actual name of the song.

EDIT: Actually yeah probably not official. It is good though.

At first glance it looks the same as the one we were discussing further up the page:

Quote from: Norton Canes on September 21, 2018, 04:07:50 PM
We can feel the weight of history on your shoulders... NO PRESSURE, CHRIS!

What are the differences?

Mister Six

olliebean

First thought about this: every single one of them has less stupid looking trousers than her. Not even cosplayers will be seen in public wearing the ridiculous things.

Replies From View

Imagine if you turned up to work one day and everyone was disguised as you.  And nobody mentioned it or anything, so you felt you couldn't ask about it either.

olliebean

Best look we've got so far at the new TARDIS exterior, I think. I'm liking it - a lot older and more weathered-looking than we've seen for a while. https://www.blogtorwho.com/doctor-who-series-11-premiere-pictures-from-the-red-carpet/

Replies From View

LOLLY SHADE O TEAL INNIT LORRA LORRA

Mister Six

Quote from: olliebean on September 24, 2018, 10:59:26 PM
a lot older and more weathered-looking than we've seen for a while.

So's the TARDIS etc.

Bad Ambassador

Official time slot confirmed: 6.45pm to 7.45pm, between Countryfile and Strictly, and opposite the ITV regional news and Five Gold Rings.

lipsink

Quote from: olliebean on September 24, 2018, 10:59:26 PM
Best look we've got so far at the new TARDIS exterior, I think. I'm liking it - a lot older and more weathered-looking than we've seen for a while. https://www.blogtorwho.com/doctor-who-series-11-premiere-pictures-from-the-red-carpet/

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: Bad Ambassador on September 26, 2018, 03:45:45 PM
Official time slot confirmed: 6.45pm to 7.45pm, between Countryfile and Strictly, and opposite the ITV regional news and Five Gold Rings.

As expected. I think it's fair to assume that Doctor Who will trounce ITV in that slot.

Deanjam

Five Gold Rings? Never heard of it. 30 million viewers guaranteed!

Bad Ambassador

Quote from: Deanjam on September 26, 2018, 04:36:48 PM
Five Gold Rings? Never heard of it. 30 million viewers guaranteed!

Most recent BARB figures show it gets half the viewers of Countryfile.