Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:30:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Doctor Who - Series 11 (Part 1)

Started by Norton Canes, January 07, 2018, 05:29:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norton Canes

How depressing would it be if the BBC decide to retire Doctor Who again and Chibnall writes the finale.

lipsink

Quote from: Mister Six on November 01, 2018, 11:51:35 PM
If true - cynically moved so they can claim there was SOME Doctor Who in 2020?

"More Doctor Who than ever!"

Norton Canes

"In 2020, there was some Doctor Who..."

Blinder Data

Don't mind if there's no naff Christmas special, but only if there's more non-Christmas episodes to replace it

gatchamandave

Quote from: Mister Six on November 01, 2018, 10:36:45 PM
Does he mean S4 (Tennant) was a shadow of S1 (Eccles)

Pretty much this - he felt Eccleston's Doctor was a realistic figure whereas Tennant's was artificial - perhaps it was the accent ? - and that resulted in a derangement in the production that grew until it became a problem by the end, and appointing Moffat as showrunner was, for Miles, the final confirmation. Your mileage may well differ.

Thomas

New Year's Day is my birthday, so ordinarily I'd welcome birthday Doctor Who.

However, I now live foreignly without access to the BBC, so I haven't been able to catch any of Series 10 and 11 'live'. And I'm back in the UK this Christmas, and one of the most exciting bits about going home for Christmas is the prospect of Doctor Who at the proper communal time on mummy and daddy's big telly.

gatchamandave

Quote from: olliebean on November 01, 2018, 11:39:09 PM
Fuck this shit.

This is Sherlock all over again. The public like it, so do most mainstream critics, so let's not make any.

olliebean

Quote from: gatchamandave on November 02, 2018, 12:18:54 PM
Pretty much this - he felt Eccleston's Doctor was a realistic figure whereas Tennant's was artificial - perhaps it was the accent ? - and that resulted in a derangement in the production that grew until it became a problem by the end, and appointing Moffat as showrunner was, for Miles, the final confirmation. Your mileage may well differ.

The blog is still up at http://beasthouse-lm2.blogspot.com/, for anyone who wants to read it. (No new posts since 2015, and he hadn't been doing regular episode reviews for a while before then.)

Thomas

We'll be on Thread (Part 3) shortly. Before we go, here's a short article about the thinking that went into the design of the new TARDIS.

http://www.vulture.com/2018/11/doctor-who-jodie-whittaker-tardis.html

Quote"We wanted to make the universe feel a warm place, so it seemed perfect to give the TARDIS a warm color at its heart," Wyn Jones explained. "Then, as we played with the colors, we found that the teal blue seemed to work best in the infinity mirrors as a complement."

Norton Canes

Well there we go. Thought my first Doctor Who thread went pretty well.