Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:45:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Doctor Who - Series 11 (Part 1)

Started by Norton Canes, January 07, 2018, 05:29:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isnt Anything

Quote from: Replies From View on May 10, 2018, 09:19:45 PM
Word is going around that the directors for series 11 are Jamie Childs, Mark Tonderai, Sallie Aprahamain and Jennifer Perrott.

WOT NO TALALAY ???

May be she was offered but can spot a duff showrunner too.

olliebean

Word is going around that the directors for series 11 are Jamie Childs, Mark Tonderai, Sallie Aprahamain and Jennifer Perrott.

Hmm. None of them have done anything much that I've seen (single episodes by Mark Tonderai of a couple of things, nothing by any of the others), but looking at the latter two's IMDB CVs, I can't help wondering if Chibnall is going for a soap opera feel.

Replies From View

Quote from: Isnt Anything on May 10, 2018, 09:24:02 PM
WOT NO TALALAY ???

May be she was offered but can spot a duff showrunner too.

Apparently she was invited but had to turn it down due to other commitments, but would like to be involved in future series.

Isnt Anything

Quote from: Replies From View on May 10, 2018, 09:28:38 PM
Apparently she was invited but had to turn it down due to other commitments, but would like to be involved in future series.

phew

yes i knew she was a big fan until now at least

kidsick5000

I was going to ask THE Mark Tonderai? But then IMDB'd instead.
Well done him. I guess I'm one of the few who remember him from Radio 1 days.

olliebean

Just saw that we're not getting the new series until bloody October, later in the year than any previous nu-Who series has started. Plus there's apparently a chance of no Christmas Special, or that the Christmas Special is included in the 10 episode series 11 order.

Can't help thinking there's still high-up people in the BBC who hate Doctor Who.

Bad Ambassador

Ever-tightening budgets and having to work around Chris Chibnall's commitments before they could start pre-production.

Mister Six

No Christmas special would be particularly depressing. Don't do this to me, Beeb!

Norton Canes

I think they're just being ultra-cautious about how good it'll be.

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: Mister Six on June 13, 2018, 12:46:26 AM
No Christmas special would be particularly depressing. Don't do this to me, Beeb!

Extended Call the Midwife Chrisssmas Special. You heard it here first.

Bad Ambassador

Quote from: Norton Canes on June 13, 2018, 09:54:50 AM
I think they're just being ultra-cautious about how good it'll be.

YAWN

Norton Canes

Or maybe it's because of ever-tightening budgets and having to work around Chris Chibnall's commitments. A far more thrilling reason I'm sure you'll agree.

purlieu

I think they're just sabotaging it to show HOW SHIT A FEMALE DOCTOR WILL BE RIGHT LADS

kidsick5000

Not that the hit rate of the Christmas specials has been particularly high and they have been for the main, pretty dour affairs - I think this Doctor needs at least one to kick things off.
To pull them at this stage seems like pulling a key part of Christmas.

But really, please Father Chrimbnall, make it a bit of a romp. Something as fun as Runaway Bride - no dour introspective emo-ing. Robots and tinsel and lasers and snow in one glorious wrapped in one glorious package (that's bigger on the inside)

olliebean

Quote from: purlieu on June 13, 2018, 03:19:48 PM
I think they're just sabotaging it to show HOW SHIT A FEMALE DOCTOR WILL BE RIGHT LADS

Come off it, I don't think there's any deliberate sabotage going on, it'll just be that they have to keep holding up production because she keeps getting all emotional and having periods and what-not.

daf

purlieu

Quote from: olliebean on June 13, 2018, 04:45:44 PM
Come off it, I don't think there's any deliberate sabotage going on, it'll just be that they have to keep holding up production because she keeps getting all emotional and having periods and what-not.
I heard she spends twice as long in makeup as all the male proper Doctors did.

Replies From View

Another rumour says that Doctor Who will officially be only every 18 months now.  Which is basically what we've been having under Moffat's watch, but we had a lot of bullshit spinning around it then, as if Moffat was anxious about telling us honestly that the BBC were cutting it back.

Great shame if we lose the Christmas slot.  I know Christmas has rarely given us the best the show has to offer, but it's often been the main thing to look forward to about Christmas.

Thomas

Quote from: kidsick5000 on June 13, 2018, 04:28:19 PM
But really, please Father Chrimbnall, make it a bit of a romp. Something as fun as Runaway Bride - no dour introspective emo-ing. Robots and tinsel and lasers and snow in one glorious wrapped in one glorious package (that's bigger on the inside)

Though 'The Runaway Bride' did have quite a bit of David Tennant looking sad and suffering flashbacks about Rose.

'A Christmas Carol' is the perfect festive special, for me. Adventure, humour, measured melancholy, and it looked amazing. Like Replies, whatever the special turns out to be, Doctor Who is always my main Christmas Day thing. Everyone has to SHUT UP and BE QUIET and let me hear EVERY LINE. Stop talking over it. If they wanted you not to hear a line of dialogue, they wouldn't have put it in the script. Merry Christmas, lads, but seriously, shh.

Norton Canes

Mister Six

That was all right, yeah. Feels like the editing could have been snappier, but I imagine that's a tough cut.

As a bloke from Leeds I was quite happy at having a Yorkshire Doctor at last, but now the accent seems a bit off-putting. I'm probably just being self-loathing though. Jodie looks like she's having fun, and I'm sure I'll get used to it. Sort of wish she was keeping Capaldi's clothes though - the oversized shirt suits her.

The Roofdog

Malcy

Quote from: The Roofdog on June 25, 2018, 06:40:56 PM
IT'S GONE WHAT WAS IT

A clip from what I've heard. Jodie on a train. No snakes.

Deanjam

She sounds like a gormless imbecile.

mothman

But then she is in the wacky post-Regen phase.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Mister Six on June 25, 2018, 06:20:54 PM
That was all right, yeah. Feels like the editing could have been snappier, but I imagine that's a tough cut.

As a bloke from Leeds I was quite happy at having a Yorkshire Doctor at last, but now the accent seems a bit off-putting. I'm probably just being self-loathing though. Jodie looks like she's having fun, and I'm sure I'll get used to it. Sort of wish she was keeping Capaldi's clothes though - the oversized shirt suits her.

I think she sounds great, though I've always had a thing for Yorkshire accents.

Gulftastic

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on June 13, 2018, 11:27:49 AM
Extended Call the Midwife Chrisssmas Special. You heard it here first.

Not half as good since they wrote out the lovely lesbians.