Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:03:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

#Oprah2020

Started by Twed, January 08, 2018, 06:18:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twed

Large Noise

Oprah vs The Rock vs Zuckerberg

Jeb Bush vs Hollywood Hogan vs Ivana Trump

Twit 2

Jeb Bush vs Guangdong La Mer

touchingcloth

Firefox 57+ is supposed to be very good, though I can understand why the loss of lots of pluings, add-one and extensions annoyed people.

Blue Jam

BlodwynPig

Quote from: steve98 on January 08, 2018, 08:28:16 AM
#Kilroy 2020

I'd endorse that. Wholesome, nostalgic loonies I can get behind.

Butchers Blind

Another multi-millionaire media celebrity for president is just what is needed.  Its working out fine so far.

Kilroy isn't in the running given that he's in prison.

ajsmith2

Quote from: Butchers Blind on January 08, 2018, 01:09:50 PM
Another multi-millionaire media celebrity for president is just what is needed.  Its working out fine so far.

That might already be the new normal. One of Trumps legacies might end up bring making it much harder for a non-celebrity to get elected.

ieXush2i

I'd be very surprised if Oprah ran, she seems a bit more savvy than that (and doesn't appear to have the ego of Trump).

Howj Begg

Quote from: (Ex poster) on January 08, 2018, 01:21:28 PM
I'd be very surprised if Oprah ran, she seems a bit more savvy than that (and doesn't appear to have the ego of Trump).

Doesn't stop us pre-empting it though, for no clear reason that I can see.

http://www.eonline.com/uk/news/860665/oprah-winfrey-talks-politics-i-will-never-run-for-public-office

Twed

I even believe that she means well, but her brain is addled by wealth and celebrity and she has no idea what the poor need. The US desperately needs an anti-corporate president who will motivate politicians to support social programs and proper healthcare.

ieXush2i

Quote from: Twed on January 08, 2018, 01:27:33 PM
I even believe that she means well, but her brain is addled by wealth and celebrity and she has no idea what the poor need. The US desperately needs an anti-corporate president who will motivate politicians to support social programs and proper healthcare.

Come again?

Bhazor

Well Reagan was a film star before he became a politician. So Trump isn't even breaking new ground.

As for Oprah. Eh, there could be a lot worse. At the very least she's an "acceptable type of black" who would bring in millions of old white christians from Oprah book club. Which is of course what most of America is.

ieXush2i

Oprah has only said she won't run. Definitely. All the press articles today are from people reacting to her Golden Globes speech. This thread is Fake News

Twed

It's not fake news. The story is that people are gagging for President Oprah. This is what they've been convinced is good for them. This is depressing, and why we are fucked.

Quote from: (Ex poster) on January 08, 2018, 01:28:53 PM
Come again?
It's simple English, pig-o.

ieXush2i

Hmm, I don't think you read beyond the headlines before starting this thread.

Quote from: Twed on January 08, 2018, 01:35:47 PM
It's simple English, pig-o.

Written as if Oprah has declared she will run for President, which she has done the precise opposite of, Tweddy Lee.

jobotic

Farewell USA, hello OBC.

Howj Begg

Seth "Nostradamus" Meyers told a joke, basically.

ieXush2i

yes but we must talk about it as if it is real!!!!!

Twed

Quote from: (Ex poster) on January 08, 2018, 01:38:21 PM
Hmm, I don't think you read beyond the headlines before starting this thread.
No, because I didn't read headlines, I just read the clamour of people hashtagging #Oprah2020 and begging for her to run. I'm not interested in your rule of not being able to discuss the outcome they want that you made up just to be a patronising little piggywig.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

One of Trump's main appeals to bumfuck America and the rust belt states was that he wasn't a politician and even though they often didn't like him, he looked like he would get things done. The previous administration was mired in intransigence with the deeply flawed senate/congress system not allowing for any real reform. People were looking for someone outside politics to blast through that.

Someone like Oprah running would expose US politics further as venal and superficial in the extreme, but this time around I wonder whether any politician could beat Trump as he could just pull the same bullshit, and in lieu of that whether a huge broadcast celebrity who still has a grasp of basic decency might be a better bet as an opponent.

The Rock has been mentioned. I mean, fuck sake..

ieXush2i

Quote from: Twed on January 08, 2018, 01:51:57 PM
No, because I didn't read headlines, I just read the clamour of people hashtagging #Oprah2020 and begging for her to run. I'm not interested in your rule of not being able to discuss the outcome they want that you made up just to be a patronising little piggywig.

Ah, so it was down to hashtags. Surprised you didn't start a thread when Twitter hashtags were clamouring for Michelle Obama to run in 2020. Or Tom Hanks. This couldn't simply be a hyperbolic reaction to a speech she gave at awards show, right?

The Rock has actually said he's considering running, maybe you could have done a The Rock thread instead?

Twed

Quote from: (Ex poster) on January 08, 2018, 01:56:15 PM
Ah, so it was down to hashtags. Surprised you didn't start a thread when Twitter hashtags were clamouring for Michelle Obama to run in 2020. Or Tom Hanks. This couldn't simply be a hyperbolic reaction to a speech she gave at awards show, right?

The Rock has actually said he's considering running, maybe you could have done a The Rock thread instead?
Literally everything you said has justified the intent of this thread. You have recognised that people are asking for these figures. This thread is about how unhealthy that is. Do you understand that? Please leave if not, as this isn't for you.

Danger Man

Quote from: Twed on January 08, 2018, 06:18:00 AM
I hope I fucking die.

She went from having to wear potato sacks for clothes as a child to become the only black female billionaire in world history.

What's not to like?

Howj Begg

Quote from: Twed on January 08, 2018, 02:02:27 PM
This thread is about how unhealthy that is.

Dying is pretty unhealthy, yah

ieXush2i

Quote from: Twed on January 08, 2018, 02:02:27 PM
Literally everything you said has justified the intent of this thread. You have recognised that people are asking for these figures. This thread is about how unhealthy that is. Do you understand that? Please leave if not, as this isn't for you.

People have asked for these "figures" for ages, not being 100% serious. I say "RuPaul for Prez" a lot amongst friends but it's more a way of bigging someone up than a genuine wish.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Danger Man on January 08, 2018, 02:06:27 PM
She went from having to wear potato sacks for clothes as a child to become the only black female billionaire in world history.

What's not to like?

That the amassing of wealth is deemed the pinnacle of human achievement.