Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:49:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

"Standing up to the bully" scenes in film and telly

Started by Custard, January 15, 2018, 11:41:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Custard

Is there anything more satisfying than scenes in film or telly when a character finally stands up to someone who has been bullying or harrasing them? A beautiful, satisfying, cathartic moment

There is a great one in A History Of Violence, when a bullied kid finally snaps and beats the fuck out of the kid who's been tormenting him in school.

There's a similar scene in Moonlight, which is so satisfying it made me do a fist-pump, like one of them Americans

There's also a great one in the recent Punisher series, when Frank Castle finally clicks back into Punisher mode and annihilates two dicks who have been picking on him on the building site he's been working on. Though he mainly does it to save someone else. Imagine trying to bully the bloody Punisher.

Does David Brent and Finchy count? It's still a beautiful "fuck off"

Bhazor

I stood up to a bully once.

Then 40 of his mates turned up.

Ahh highschool.

Custard

Yeah, it rarely turns out so well in real life. But the bully does then start to think twice

And that's when you get the Stanley knife out

CaledonianGonzo

Richard Spencer getting punched by Antifa is the best recent filmed example.

Bazooka

Charlton Heston in Planet Of The Apes, he gets really annoyed with the way they treat him, and has a right go.

magval

itsfredtitmus

bit in forrest gump were he beats the crap out of his bullies but out of surreal coincidence and moon alignment

Dr Rock

'I'M THE DADDY NOW'

This is about the only way that standing up to a bully in real life will work. Sneak up behind them and smash them over the head with a sock full of snooker balls. The idea that bullys are cowards at heart who will back down of you stand up to them is one of the most laughable and dangerous ideas presented to bullied children. If you are going to stand up to a bully, and you have no idea how to fight, go and study boxing or get bitten by radioactive spider first.

Dr Rock

Quote from: itsfredtitmus on January 15, 2018, 04:55:16 PM
[tag]carlin snooker ball sock[/tag]

Ooh you had to get that in there before I finished writing my post didn't you.

itsfredtitmus

Quote from: Dr Rock on January 15, 2018, 05:03:45 PM
Ooh you had to get that in there before I finished writing my post didn't you.
thats why i never type more than two sentences in one post

We recently had a good example of this on (spam), where we watched 3 Oclock High (1987), where its basically High noon, but set in a School. With the day being recounted as the count down to the end of the school day and the final showdown with the bully.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlQtW1CGeys

St_Eddie

I love the ending scene in The Neverending Story (@1:33 in this clip).  The music and the reversal of the beginning, where the bullies now end up in the bin.  Lovely stuff.

Gulftastic

'Drillbit Taylor' is a film entirely about standing up to the bully. The older son out off of The Goldbergs is in it.

spamwangler

That bit in the terminator where the robots completely fucking destroy all of humankind. It's sad obviously but what did they expect?

ads82

Quote from: Delete Delete Delete on January 15, 2018, 05:30:25 PM
We recently had a good example of this on (spam), where we watched 3 Oclock High (1987), where its basically High noon, but set in a School. With the day being recounted as the count down to the end of the school day and the final showdown with the bully.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlQtW1CGeys

Absolutely love this film, caught it late night years ago and is now one of my favorite 80's films.

Dr Rock

Every week on The Incredible Hulk TV show. Very satisfying examples they were too.

Eddie Murphy's remake of Nutty Professor, where the prof's new cool alter-ego has the showdown with the bully comic who humiliated the fat academic.

Custard

Wasn't the bully comic played by Chris Rock?

I possibly dreamt that

Thomas

Quote from: Bazooka on January 15, 2018, 12:51:38 PM
Charlton Heston in Planet Of The Apes, he gets really annoyed with the way they treat him, and has a right go.

'Hey you, get your damn hands off me, you damn dirty ape.'

I watched Intermission (2003) yesterday. Very funny, and - spoiler - a character triumphantly stands up to his bullying manager by lobbing a tin of peas at his head.

Gregory Torso

Punch Drunk Love, the scene where he goes to the Mattress King's shop still holding his broken phone receiver in his hand.

Steven

Quote from: Shameless Custard on January 16, 2018, 11:04:27 AM
Wasn't the bully comic played by Chris Rock?

I possibly dreamt that

Dave Chappelle.

They all look alike though, don't they?

The Klumps.