Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:45:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

"Standing up to the bully" scenes in film and telly

Started by Custard, January 15, 2018, 11:41:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Rocky's son in Rocky V takes it to the high school bullies with knuckles of vengeance.

New page it had its moments.

Blinder Data

Quote from: Gregory Torso on January 16, 2018, 01:01:44 PM
Punch Drunk Love, the scene where he goes to the Mattress King's shop still holding his broken phone receiver in his hand.

Yeah, but he doesn't properly lamp him does he? That's what I was begging for as a viewer, and I was denied it. Not a criticism of the scene, it's just not nearly as satisfying as other 'bully comeuppance' scenes.

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: Dr Syntax Head on January 16, 2018, 04:59:55 PM
Quote from: itsfredtitmus on January 16, 2018, 04:37:43 PM
Quote from: Dr Syntax Head on January 15, 2018, 06:33:01 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0242193/

If you've not seen Larry Clark's Bully, do so pronto.
hes a pervo though
Yeah he does seem to be

Just because he likes filming teenage actors in various states of undress and explicit sex-scenes, that makes him a perv does it?

Dr Rock

I tend to take the bully's side. They are probably bullies because they are abused at home. While the victims that we see in movies or TV usually have nice, safe households. Then they learn how to fight or whatever, and beat the bully up - further enforcing the bully's belief that might is right. What they should really do is raise some money to send the bully on a nice holiday somewhere and that'd probably cheer him right up and he won't be a bully anymore.

madhair60

madhair60

Just read the rest of your post. Slightly softened my "fuck you" but I'm afraid I can't completely retract it.

St_Eddie

itsfredtitmus

Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on January 17, 2018, 03:59:22 PM
hes a pervo though
Yeah he does seem to be

Just because he likes filming teenage actors in various states of undress and explicit sex-scenes, that makes him a perv does it?
when you've dedicated most of your life to it it is
oh that was a joke just realised

lebowskibukowski

The family confronting the bullies in Takashi Miike's 'Visitor Q'. Splendid axe/knife attack. Followed by the nipple milk...