Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:29:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Dolores O'Riordan from The Cranberries dead

Started by Vodka Margarine, January 15, 2018, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gilbertharding

The first two pages are all about how terrible it is. Some people even say that they quite liked the Cranberries.

Should we still be pretending she didn't write fucking dreadful poetry?

PaulTMA

Quote from: JoeyBananaduck on January 19, 2018, 09:06:42 AM
Its been heartening to see how the progressive people of this forum react to the death (probable suicide) of a mentally ill anorexic woman, mother, artist and child molestation victim. Great stuff.

Can we just turn this into yet another thread about how bad 'Shiny Happy People' is or isn't please, I wasn't paying attention all the other times.

smudge1971

Quote from: JoeyBananaduck on January 19, 2018, 09:06:42 AM
Its been heartening to see how the progressive people of this forum react to the death (probable suicide) of a mentally ill anorexic woman, mother, artist and child molestation victim. Great stuff.
I can think of nothing more prejudiced than giving a terrible cunt of a person a free ride because they are dead and had issues. We all have our problems, most of us choose not to play them out in public to promote an album. 

selectivememory

Quote from: smudge1971 on January 19, 2018, 11:12:26 AM
terrible cunt of a person

This seems unnecessary. Unless I missed something, all she did wrong was write some crap lyrics.   

phantom_power

I am not sure an obituary thread is the right place for calling out someone's bad lyrics. There are countless other threads for that. I don't think it makes you a monster if you do though

jobotic

Quote from: smudge1971 on January 19, 2018, 11:12:26 AM
I can think of nothing more prejudiced than giving a terrible cunt of a person a free ride because they are dead and had issues. We all have our problems, most of us choose not to play them out in public to promote an album.

You're hard.

PaulTMA

I remember reading her former nanny's legal dispute and laughing at the absurdity of it, but obviously it became clear that all was not well in her world.  This and the psychotic episode she had on a flight a few years ago shouldn't see her branded a terrible cunt, though I can certainly imagine her issues may have cause her to be extremely difficult to be around.  Personally I don't know any much more about her reputation and personality beyond these incidents.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1457862/Nanny-falsely-imprisoned-after-pop-star-went-ballistic.html

smudge1971

Quote from: selectivememory on January 19, 2018, 11:25:14 AM
This seems unnecessary. Unless I missed something, all she did wrong was write some crap lyrics.
I can't speak for everyone, nor would attempt to, but in my two encounters with her she was horrid. My girlfriend of the time - and a handful of others - waited two and a half hours after a gig in 1996 to congratulate her and O'Riordan was unspeakably rude to everyone. I encountered her at a support gig in 1993 around the first issue of Dreams and she waltzed around with that cats-arse sourpuss on and refused to speak to anyone, even her band.

She may have been troubled but there's no excuse for Cilla Black antics. Yes. I am hard. Cold inside. Life does that to you.

BlodwynPig

wosl

Quote from: phantom_power on January 19, 2018, 11:28:37 AMI am not sure an obituary thread is the right place for calling out someone's bad lyrics.

I'd echo this (even though 'bad' seemingly doesn't begin to cover it, in this case).  Probably time to put a lid on it now.  Without question her death is shockingly sad.

Jockice

Quote from: PaulTMA on January 19, 2018, 10:57:17 AM
Can we just turn this into yet another thread about how bad 'Shiny Happy People' is or isn't please, I wasn't paying attention all the other times.

It is very bad. End of.

wosl

Jockice