Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:02:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Frenchman Favors Franc Fund Fare over Frogs

Started by Timmay, February 19, 2004, 10:43:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timmay

Quote from: "[url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3503967.stmBBC News[/url]"]A man who was admitted to hospital in France with stomach pains was found to have swallowed 350 coins, an assortment of necklaces and some needles.
From what I remember the Franc used to be worth, I make his 4,050 Francs about £400. Quite a haul - shame they've switched to the Euro now though.

Doctors blame it on a rare condition called pica - a compulsion to eat things not normally consumed as food. I've not done anything like we saw on I'm A Celebrity..., but the worst I've done was probably quite tame, being octopus. Didn't try the dog in Hong Kong though. Specially when you could choose which doggy you wanted while it's still running around it's cage.

Any of you whores eaten weird and wonderful things on your travels?

Abbie

Should I shout this over the room to you or just type it?  

I had Pica when I was pregnant.  And as much as I love scoffing Elizabeth Duke neckli, mine was much less severe.  I became addicted to eating ice.  Luckily for me my mum had one of those swish fridges that makes ice so I was in constant supply.   Anyone who attempted to take the ice away had to deal with the rage of a 12 stone hormonal junkie.  It stopped a few days after the boy was born and as far as i'm aware it didn't do me any harm, cept for the near lead poisoning that is.

:-)

Oh and I once ate a bollock and a sheep eye whilst holidaying in France.

TOCMFIC

During pregnancy, I've heard of women who wanted to eat coffee grinds, chalk, and I even remember one that wanted to eat tyres!

When my wife was pregnant, I got all the cravings. Raw onion sandwiches. And i HATE raw onions.

All she craved was baked potato.

hands cold, liver warm

I read a old book about mental illness in animals (gay, schizophrenic dogs etc). They explained that some animals eat shit because they have form of pica, the same reason why pregnant women eat fried pickles in mayonnaise.

TOCMFIC

Actually that's food, which doesn't qualify as pica. (My wife is training to be a midwife.) Pica is a craving for non-food products like coffee grinds etc... Abbie qualifies, since ice isn't a food:)

terminallyrelaxed

In McDonalds in Brazil you get Banana Pie instead of Apple Pie. Crazy foreigners.