Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:11:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Hard-to-find films and let's find them why don't we?

Started by zomgmouse, January 18, 2018, 05:06:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zomgmouse

Basically a clone of the thread in the comedy subforum. Put up your films you can't find and perhaps some clever posters will be able to track them down for you.

I keep a list here of films I just can't find (accessibly enough/in a small enough format); any help would be appreciated. I am also more than happy to help hunt things down/see if I have them already.

Let the location begin!

itsfredtitmus

Long Shot is on BFI's Flipside. Not sure if you'll be able to get that shipped over though!

itsfredtitmus

Few that have been doing my piss in:
Last Night at the Alamo
Chameleon Street
On the Edge 1986 & Northern Lights 1978

Gregory Torso

I've mentioned this before but I'd like to find Matthew Harrison's "Rhythm Thief". It's probably shit but I saw it one night in the late 90s whilst tripping and it entered my consciousness in a bizarre way.

itsfredtitmus

Quote from: Gregory Torso on January 18, 2018, 05:29:16 AM
I've mentioned this before but I'd like to find Matthew Harrison's "Rhythm Thief". It's probably shit but I saw it one night in the late 90s whilst tripping and it entered my consciousness in a bizarre way.
Tenner on amazon import
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B0015S2P0E/ref=sr_1_1_olp?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1516253490&sr=1-1&keywords=Rhythm+Thief

youll have to play it on your laptop cos of the region encoding

zomgmouse

Quote from: itsfredtitmus on January 18, 2018, 05:24:21 AM
Long Shot is on BFI's Flipside. Not sure if you'll be able to get that shipped over though!

Yeah I think the other criterion for my list is "for free"... but obviously if all else fails there is that.

zomgmouse

Quote from: itsfredtitmus on January 18, 2018, 05:27:48 AM
Few that have been doing my piss in:
Last Night at the Alamo
Chameleon Street
On the Edge 1986 & Northern Lights 1978

Quote from: Gregory Torso on January 18, 2018, 05:29:16 AM

I've found all these on a private tracker. I can probably get them to you by the end of this weekend.

itsfredtitmus

Quote from: zomgmouse on January 18, 2018, 05:33:16 AM
Yeah I think the other criterion for my list is "for free"... but obviously if all else fails there is that.
aye that's always the hard part isn't it

yesitis

zomgmouse, randomly looked up a few of the ones you're after on cinemageddon. they were all there. looks like signup is open too.

zomgmouse

Quote from: yesitis on January 18, 2018, 05:57:19 AM
zomgmouse, randomly looked up a few of the ones you're after on cinemageddon. they were all there. looks like signup is open too.

Ah, thanks! I just went there and found this: "No moar open signups. You will need to obtain an invite from a registered user."
I also think I had an account with them but it lapsed as I didn't use it...

yesitis

ah balls. sorry. just looked and i don't have any invites either. i can download a few things for you if you can't get one. think you can still search the torrents without account? let me know which ones you want and i'll dl em and stick them on google drive or sumfing.

Gregory Torso

Quote from: zomgmouse on January 18, 2018, 05:34:42 AM
I've found all these on a private tracker. I can probably get them to you by the end of this weekend.

That would be excellent. Thanks!

itsfredtitmus

sometime wonder how stuff like this has a healthy size wikipedia article and imdb / letterboxd listing when it doesnt seem to exist anywhere else https://letterboxd.com/film/miss-nobody-1926/

zomgmouse

Quote from: itsfredtitmus on January 18, 2018, 06:12:27 AM
sometime wonder how stuff like this has a healthy size wikipedia article and imdb / letterboxd listing when it doesnt seem to exist anywhere else https://letterboxd.com/film/miss-nobody-1926/

Listings often happen from simple records of the film - if you look at the watch count itself for example you'll see that nobody has seen it on letterboxd and likely nobody has seen it on IMDb either as it's saying that it needs 5 votes to show up an average rating. You don't need to have seen the film to say when it was released or who was in it, etc.

zomgmouse

Quote from: yesitis on January 18, 2018, 06:09:36 AM
ah balls. sorry. just looked and i don't have any invites either. i can download a few things for you if you can't get one. think you can still search the torrents without account? let me know which ones you want and i'll dl em and stick them on google drive or sumfing.

I just tried and it looks like you can't access any of the site without logging in, so I'm not sure I can search. Essentially if there's anything on my list that you would be able to find I would be overwhelmingly grateful!

mothman

Herbert Ashe

8 Hours of Terror (Suzuki's bus one) is 'out there' - but there's no subs (or at least there wasn't when I watched it). If you can't find it, I can probably sort something out.

SteveDave

"Three For The Road" Andi from the Goonies, Cameron from Ferris Bueller and Charlie Sheen get into scrapes. I loved it as a young man but can only find a VHS of it. The torrent I found had no seeders.

Steven

Find The Lady 1976

The House Of Witchcraft 1989

Found a few of the others too, but they were either dubbed non-English or had non-English subtitles.

BlodwynPig

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: SteveDave on January 18, 2018, 11:20:39 AM
"Three For The Road" Andi from the Goonies, Cameron from Ferris Bueller and Charlie Sheen get into scrapes. I loved it as a young man but can only find a VHS of it. The torrent I found had no seeders.

It's on Cinemageddon, I've no invites unfortunately but if you really want to see it I'd be happy to download it for you and then post it to a filelocker.

SteveDave

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on January 18, 2018, 04:15:06 PM
It's on Cinemageddon, I've no invites unfortunately but if you really want to see it I'd be happy to download it for you and then post it to a filelocker.

That would be marvellous. Thanks!

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: SteveDave on January 18, 2018, 05:29:30 PM
That would be marvellous. Thanks!

It's done, and if anyone else wants to see it just let me know and I'll pm you the link.

prwc

A general bit of advice, installing the userscript IMDb scout is really good for finding rarer titles. It displays a list of all the torrent sites that may have a film when you visit the IMDb page.

zomgmouse

Sin Agog

There are still four days of [Lady] Karagaga's freeleech for anyone signed up to that.  I'm lucky random folks I swapped emails with years ago turn up out of the blue to give me a heads up.  Would have no way of knowing otherise.

Mostly just downstealing dozens and dozens of obscure samurai films.  Oh, and Jacques Rivette's Out.  Was always curious about that, but never brave enough to pit my boat's internet connection against its day-long running time.