Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:15:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Hard-to-find films and let's find them why don't we?

Started by zomgmouse, January 18, 2018, 05:06:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

itsfredtitmus

can anyone id this short film?
12 to 13 min short of a bunch of chairs and various kitchen objects in a domino / goldberg machine formation lighting something on fire

it's sort of famous because they accidentally torched the studio whilst making it (probably made that up but it was something like that)

Famous Mortimer

mothman

^ Early, abortive take of OK Go video discovered.

H-O-W-L

Looking for this one bastard of a film I saw on TV back in the early 2000's. Can't remember anything about the title or who was in it, but I remember it was about this town in the midwestern US where they had some kind of bastard spider-monster that roamed late at night, and they sold souvenirs and T-shirts and shit commemorating the monster as if it was just a joke. But the thing was real, and late at night the protagonist encountered it, and killed it, and I think there were babies of the thing, too? I swear I'm not making it up.

Late eighties to late nineties, most likely. Had an aesthetic and direction style like Critters.

George White

The Scarecrow/Klynham Summer (1982)
Utu (1983)
Came A Hot Friday (1985)

St_Eddie

Quote from: H-O-W-L on March 23, 2018, 10:59:25 PM
Looking for this one bastard of a film I saw on TV back in the early 2000's. Can't remember anything about the title or who was in it, but I remember it was about this town in the midwestern US where they had some kind of bastard spider-monster that roamed late at night, and they sold souvenirs and T-shirts and shit commemorating the monster as if it was just a joke. But the thing was real, and late at night the protagonist encountered it, and killed it, and I think there were babies of the thing, too? I swear I'm not making it up.

Late eighties to late nineties, most likely. Had an aesthetic and direction style like Critters.

Eight Legged Freaks?  That's a 2002 movie though.

The only other movie that I can think of is the excellent Arachnophobia (1990).

H-O-W-L

Quote from: St_Eddie on March 29, 2018, 03:59:16 PM
Eight Legged Freaks?  That's a 2002 movie though.

The only other movie that I can think of is the excellent Arachnophobia (1990).

Nah it was on terrestrial (or at least surface-level satellite movie-channel) telly, so it wouldn't have been Eight Legged Freaks. I watched the Arachnophobia trailer and it doesn't seem like it's that, but it COULD be. I'd appreciate any other takes.

It wasn't about a bunch of little spiders, just one big fucker that was female and had eggs. The ending was a lot like the end of Gremlins 2 or It, but it wasn't either film for sure.

mothman

George White

No, that's earlier. Kingdom of the Spiders.

Anyone got the Robert Goulet-Roger Delgado war film Underground from 1970?

St_Eddie

On the subject of spider films, could anyone help me to remember a short film (possibly from the 90s)...

It was shot in black and white and was a short story, revolving around a man alone in a house, facing off against a giant spider (when I say giant, I mean about the size of a small child).  I seem to recall the man having an axe to help fend off the spider and at one point, he loses sight of it, only to turn around and we, the viewers, see that it's clung onto his back.  I'm pretty sure that it was a horror-comedy and it might have been shown late night, on Channel 4 (again, in the 90s).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Ta.

mothman

I recall C4's late night Shooting Gallery very fondly, but I don't remember that one.

St_Eddie

Quote from: mothman on March 31, 2018, 08:43:41 PM
I recall C4's late night Shooting Gallery very fondly, but I don't remember that one.

Maybe I dreamt it.  It sounds like the sort of thing my sick mind would conjure up.

Chriddof

That sounds a lot like a short film I saw on Youtube a while back, only it was in colour and was made much more recently than the 90s. I did just look it up again but it's definitely not the one you're thinking of. (The more recent thing is called "Spider On The Ceiling", in case anyone's interested.)

mothman

The Jeff Goldblum thread has reminded me I can't find a copy of the 1996 film Trigger Happy, also known as Mad Dog Time.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: mothman on April 02, 2018, 12:06:24 AM
The Jeff Goldblum thread has reminded me I can't find a copy of the 1996 film Trigger Happy, also known as Mad Dog Time.

There's quite a few links on https://btdb.unblocked.mx/, but annoyingly I can't see if they're seeded or not due to the nature of the site.

mothman

Famous Mortimer

It's dead good, innit? One of those wacky high-concept movies of the era that completely worked.

zomgmouse

I believe I have this, I'll chuck it up for you in the next few days if you like?

mothman

Yes please! If you could that'd be great. It's rather a curio, pretty-much the tail-end of the post-Reservoir Dogs/Pulp Fiction neo-noir indie low-budget crime thriller fad. But it's got a great cast and one of those (relatively rare?) films where Goldblum got to play the romantic leading man.

Also, if I had to, you know, if my life depended on it, or something:

zomgmouse

mothman

itsfredtitmus

Can anyone get these to me?

Satah Se Uthata Aadmi (Arising from the Surface)
Maya Darpan (The Illusory Mirror)
Sara Akash (The Whole Sky)

itsfredtitmus

Quote from: itsfredtitmus on January 26, 2018, 12:51:13 PM
forget finding i cant even remember the name of it

German / Belgian film called something "small town" (I remember thinking to myself "it's rare to see a film that's upfront about itself that much from the title!!")

80s / early 90s
rural, I'm assuming (there's the small town bit)
was only available on vhs
think it was a comedy?
vhs cover made it look a bit like the straight story
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090257/
found it
YA BASKET
from the same director as closely watched trains

zomgmouse

Quote from: mothman on April 03, 2018, 05:31:17 PM
Thanks!

Fuck, haven't forgotten about this. Just been a hectic few weeks with the comedy festival. I'll have it up soon, I promise.

mothman

St_Eddie

I'll meat the parents.  I'll meat them all right.  In a grinder...

zomgmouse

If anyone's got Demy's Model Shop I'd be tremendously grateful. Can't get access to it on torrent with my Internet situation and the one on Soulseek's the wrong aspect ratio. Want to watch it before Tuesday. Thanks kindly!