Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:33:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Hard-to-find films and let's find them why don't we?

Started by zomgmouse, January 18, 2018, 05:06:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

George White

Dial M For Murder (1981)
Rex Harrison's Stories of Love
The 3 hour cut of SOS Titanic

itsfredtitmus

Quote from: zomgmouse on May 03, 2018, 10:50:15 AM
If anyone's got Demy's Model Shop I'd be tremendously grateful. Can't get access to it on torrent with my Internet situation and the one on Soulseek's the wrong aspect ratio. Want to watch it before Tuesday. Thanks kindly!
oi theres one on tpb ill grab it for you

zomgmouse

Quote from: itsfredtitmus on May 03, 2018, 12:13:41 PM
oi theres one on tpb ill grab it for you

Yes please thank you I'd have grabbed it myself but can't at the moment. Terribly appreciated freddy.

George White

To Catch A King (1984)
SAS - Terminate with Extreme Prejudice

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: George White on May 03, 2018, 08:48:40 PM
To Catch A King (1984)
I found it on Cinemageddon, but even the uploader was all "nah, this is bollocks". Perhaps it's best left to your hazy memories.

Quote from: George White on May 03, 2018, 08:48:40 PMSAS - Terminate with Extreme Prejudice
This, on the other hand, looks like a right belter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JxWOcVOePA

What a trailer! I'll try and find it.

George White

I have never seen TCAK, but it being an early HBO original movie is a  bad sign, back when the channel was full of ITC compilations and Brendon Chase. The excellent 80sallover cast mentioned this while covering the awful HBO original released theatrically in Canada, the Terry Fox Story

But the credit "FULTON MACKAY AS ADOLF HITLER" is worthit, surely

mothman

Criminy! That SAS one looks worth a watch.

Was trying to remember what Miles O'Keefe had been in. Turns out he was a Tarzan, and did some swords & sorceries too.

George White

George White

Chorus of Disapproval (1989),
Boy in Blue (1986),
Journey into Fear (1975),
Child's Play (1972),
The Sellout (1976), Trenchcoat (1983),
Holiday in Spain  (1960),
The Corrupt Ones (1967),
Nasty Habits (1977)
All The Marbles (1982)
The Formula (1980)
The National Health (1973)
A Time to Die (1982)

Paaaaul

Junglist

Pretty much all those are downloadable if you know where to look.

George White

Sounds Like Teen Spirit - the Junior Eurovision doc.

zomgmouse

George White

The modified list

To Catch A King (1984)
SAS - Terminate with Extreme Prejudice
Underground (1970)
Utu (1983)
Came A Hot Friday (1985)
Klynham Summer/The Scarecrow (1983)
Chorus of Disapproval (1989),
Journey into Fear (1975),
Child's Play (1972),
The Sellout (1976), Trenchcoat (1983),
Holiday in Spain  (1960),
Nasty Habits (1977)
Nutcase (1980)
Lily in Love (1984)
VHS Forever - Psychotronic People
Remix, Remake of Ripoff
Scandalous (1984)
The Formula (1980)
A Time to Die (1982) - Seems kind of dull, from what I've found of it. A post-war King of the Gypsies.

Now have Seen...
Nasty Habits (1977) - A deaf-eared Watergate spoof, all shot in England, hence Fair City's Oliver Maguie as the Irish-American cop. Confused farce. Sandy Dennis is fun, a live action Bugs Bunny if there ever was one.

All the Marbles... (1982) - A good sleazy atmosphere, some impressive cinematography of industrial backgrounds (i.e. a freight train full of hatchbacks). BUT.... It is very TV pilot-ish. Unsure if it is a comedy or a drama.

Sebastian Cobb

Anyone able to get Portuguese film The Nothing Factory (a fabrica de nada)?

mothman

Not a film, but film-related. Yesterday I recalled a docufilm about James Bond, called 21 Years of Bond, I think. It was shown on ITV in 1983 to promote Octopussy. According to IMDb there were two versions, with the US version being not as good but cit rops up on YouTube etc. now and then; the ITV version has never been repeated. I wonder however if it's ever shown up from somebody's old video copy somewhere? I know I had it on video and watched it loads of times... It was clips of films interspersed with soundbites from all sorts of celebs (proper Hollywood royalty ones, not celebs as we have them now) and occasional interhections from Roger Moore himself.

Isnt Anything

Help on IDing a film please ( should there be a different thread for this ? ).

British film late 50's, 60's or early 70's, a comedy, in the vein of Ealing or Carry On, has a bunch of people in alcoholic rehab who get sabotaged by having a pub more or less on the doorstep. not necessarily the entire theme of the movie, may be just a part of it.

thanks and sorry for the crap question

Junglist

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 20, 2018, 12:58:45 AM
Anyone able to get Portuguese film The Nothing Factory (a fabrica de nada)?

Yes. 576p or 720p?

You'd have to find me somewhere to up it if the latter.

Sebastian Cobb

I'd prefer the latter if possible please, how big is it?

Sebastian Cobb

Aye, i've got enough space on drive for that.

Junglist

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 23, 2018, 09:24:58 PM
Aye, i've got enough space on drive for that.

Sound mate, PM me the link and I'll up it this weekend for you.

Famous Mortimer

Picking one at random...
Quote from: George White on May 15, 2018, 02:00:27 PM
Googling "national health 1973" will give you several options to watch it immediately, or you can buy it on blu-ray if you prefer. Were you just not trying?

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Isnt Anything on May 23, 2018, 02:12:38 AM
Help on IDing a film please ( should there be a different thread for this ? ).

British film late 50's, 60's or early 70's, a comedy, in the vein of Ealing or Carry On, has a bunch of people in alcoholic rehab who get sabotaged by having a pub more or less on the doorstep. not necessarily the entire theme of the movie, may be just a part of it.

thanks and sorry for the crap question
I've spent a bit of time on IMDB, trying to nudge the search parameters towards the right thing, with release years and keywords and so on, but nothing springs up. I did discover several interesting sounding movies from the era, though, so it wasn't a wasted effort.

George White

The National Health - Tried watching it. Like a duller medical Carry On, and the idea of a UK daytime soap shot on film - also the performances are slightly too hammy - give me Carry On Matron! The cutting back to the two worlds doesn't work.

Isnt Anything

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on May 25, 2018, 04:49:08 PM
I've spent a bit of time on IMDB, trying to nudge the search parameters towards the right thing, with release years and keywords and so on, but nothing springs up. I did discover several interesting sounding movies from the era, though, so it wasn't a wasted effort.

thank you for being so kind as to make such an effort. glad you got something out of it. :)

George White

Le Silencieux (1973),
Bons Basiers Du Hong Kong (1975)
The Wonderful Ice Cream Suit (1998)

George White

Freak Orlando (1981)
Warum die UFOs unseren Salat klauen (1980)
Karel Zeman Carodejuv Ucen (1978)

Nibelung (1966)