Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:58:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Hard-to-find films and let's find them why don't we?

Started by zomgmouse, January 18, 2018, 05:06:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zomgmouse

Quote from: Sin Agog on January 19, 2018, 04:45:16 AM
There are still four days of [Lady] Karagaga's freeleech for anyone signed up to that.  I'm lucky random folks I swapped emails with years ago turn up out of the blue to give me a heads up.  Would have no way of knowing otherise.

Mostly just downstealing dozens and dozens of obscure samurai films.  Oh, and Jacques Rivette's Out.  Was always curious about that, but never brave enough to pit my boat's internet connection against its day-long running time.

Yeah, that's the one I was alluding to above. This is one of the few times I'm actively annoyed to be living in a place with no Internet (all my fault as I never set it up) but fortunately I'll be staying at my dad's and freeleeching aplenty.

Sin Agog

But...if you haven't got any internet, how are you speaking to me?  Or are you even speaking to me at all??

Got any recommendations for a couple of obscure favourites I can leave on while I sleep?  I've barely been able to log on all day, but now the Americans are having their beddie-byes KG's servers are all mine!

itsfredtitmus

Quote from: zomgmouse on January 19, 2018, 04:07:40 AM
Wait you found the source of that image? What was it?
gave a vague description of a film i forgot title of to see if anybody knew it
found it in my imdb wishlist

Sin Agog

'ere, you brought up Raul Ruiz a few days back.  Only ever seen Manoel's Island or Destinies, whatever it's called.  Got any faves of his?  (Thanks or no thanks in advance).

zomgmouse

Quote from: Sin Agog on January 19, 2018, 05:06:37 AM
But...if you haven't got any internet, how are you speaking to me?  Or are you even speaking to me at all??

Got any recommendations for a couple of obscure favourites I can leave on while I sleep?  I've barely been able to log on all day, but now the Americans are having their beddie-byes KG's servers are all mine!

I'm currently at work (also I usually go on the forum on my phone). Can't really torrent here.

As for obscure favourites, have a scroll through this or this or this. Should update them one of these days.

Quote from: itsfredtitmus on January 19, 2018, 05:13:11 AM
gave a vague description of a film i forgot title of to see if anybody knew it
found it in my imdb wishlist

I remember that saga - but what was the film?

zomgmouse

Another one I'm searching for: Death Falls Lightly (La morte scende leggera)

Quote from: Steven on January 18, 2018, 01:48:10 PM
Find The Lady 1976

I saw that link during my searches but it's a pan-and-scan version and I'm trying to track down the original aspect ratio.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: zomgmouse on January 19, 2018, 07:24:36 AM
Another one I'm searching for: Death Falls Lightly (La morte scende leggera)

Also on Cinemageddon, would you like me to download it and then host it on speedvid? It's only a vhs rip too btw, but then I'm not sure it's ever been released on dvd.

itsfredtitmus

Quote from: zomgmouse on January 19, 2018, 05:33:37 AM
I remember that saga - but what was the film?
oh that post was about a different thing that i found it a second after i made it so i edited it

Quote from: Sin Agog on January 19, 2018, 05:19:53 AM
'ere, you brought up Raul Ruiz a few days back.  Only ever seen Manoel's Island or Destinies, whatever it's called.  Got any faves of his?  (Thanks or no thanks in advance).
I've only seen Dog's Dialogue and Shattered Image which seems bit silly

i should really fix that

itsfredtitmus

Quote from: zomgmouse on January 19, 2018, 05:33:37 AM
As for obscure favourites, have a scroll through this or this or this. Should update them one of these days.

Rhubarb and Supergrass
Full of secrets, you are

rasta-spouse

question for those on Cinemageddon and Karagaga - do they have a great deal of stuff that aren't found on public trackers, or is it more just higher quality encodes?

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: rasta-spouse on January 19, 2018, 05:30:30 PM
question for those on Cinemageddon and Karagaga - do they have a great deal of stuff that aren't found on public trackers, or is it more just higher quality encodes?

I'm only on Cinemageddon but they have a fair amount of stuff that I haven't been able to find elsewhere, especially when it comes to weird cult horror films.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Gregory Torso on January 18, 2018, 05:29:16 AM
I've mentioned this before but I'd like to find Matthew Harrison's "Rhythm Thief". It's probably shit but I saw it one night in the late 90s whilst tripping and it entered my consciousness in a bizarre way.

I have that on file. If you can find a way for me to upload it I can get it for you no problem. It's not a great film but it has it's charms. I think I saw it at the same time you did in the 1990s, Channel 4 if I'm not mistaken.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: checkoutgirl on January 19, 2018, 05:49:21 PM
I have that on file. If you can find a way for me to upload it I can get it for you no problem. It's not a great film but it has it's charms. I think I saw it at the same time you did in the 1990s, Channel 4 if I'm not mistaken.

I use http://www.speedvid.net/, which lets you have the choice of watching the film online or downloading it to your pc.

biggytitbo

I'd like to see the Token King again. Does anyone else remember it? oohh edit - its on youtube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEeoL-cISdo

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on January 19, 2018, 05:56:35 PM
I use http://www.speedvid.net/, which lets you have the choice of watching the film online or downloading it to your pc.

Nice one.

Rhythm Thief

Here's the link http://www.speedvid.net/kldpk873dcnl

Goldentony

Looking for a Shaw Brothers film from 1974 or 1875 called The Blue Lamp In Winter Night. Haven't been able to find on any trackers either private, public, obscure or otherwise. Letterboxd only has one viewer.

https://www.timeout.com/hong-kong/things-to-do/the-blue-lamp-in-winter-night

Any leads or guesses?

zomgmouse

And another one: Blood Hook

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on January 19, 2018, 01:48:52 PM
Also on Cinemageddon, would you like me to download it and then host it on speedvid? It's only a vhs rip too btw, but then I'm not sure it's ever been released on dvd.
If it's the original Italian language release then yes please! I noticed it was available on nitroflare but that site is a pain in the arse with its size and speed limits.

BTW a great file sending medium is wetransfer.com. You just need people's emails and hey presto. Let me know if you would like to use this and I'll PM you my email.

zomgmouse

Quote from: rasta-spouse on January 19, 2018, 05:30:30 PM

Definitely a heap of stuff not on public trackers!

Though I would suggest searching on alluc.ee to see if there aren't any streams/direct download rips of it first. Sometimes that comes up and you save yourself downloading a torrent.

zomgmouse

Quote from: itsfredtitmus on January 19, 2018, 04:06:20 PM
oh that post was about a different thing that i found it a second after i made it so i edited it

So you never found the men in masks one?

Famous Mortimer

Basketball Heads

It's a movie about people with basketballs for heads

Z

First thing I grabbed on karagarga tonight was the Jonathan Demme original cut of Swing Shift. Now grabbing some Eagel Pennell films and gonna look into Charles Burnett's other films.

zomgmouse

Quote from: checkoutgirl on January 19, 2018, 06:16:11 PM
Nice one.

Rhythm Thief

Here's the link http://www.speedvid.net/kldpk873dcnl

Does this mean you won't be needing me to upload it, Gregory Torso?

Quote from: itsfredtitmus on January 19, 2018, 11:57:01 PM
nay :(

Darn! It isn't The Sicilian Clan is it?

itsfredtitmus

Quote from: zomgmouse on January 20, 2018, 01:15:13 AM

Darn! It isn't The Sicilian Clan is it?
3 french guys with guns and hats
could be
I thought it was buffet froid for a while

BlodwynPig

Gregory Torso

Quote from: zomgmouse on January 20, 2018, 01:15:13 AM

Yeah, thanks anyway, checkoutgirl's link is working fine for me. Downloading now.

zomgmouse

Quote from: Gregory Torso on January 20, 2018, 06:28:26 AM
Yeah, thanks anyway, checkoutgirl's link is working fine for me. Downloading now.
No problems!