Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:56:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Hard-to-find films and let's find them why don't we?

Started by zomgmouse, January 18, 2018, 05:06:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mothman

Great to have a copy. Thanks SMBH.

Takes me right back. Getting Cable London in '99 (an impressive feat in a second-story split-level flat in Finsbury Park; it took a team of about five engineers most of an afternoon), the one thing we knew we wanted was Film Four. It was ad-free, subscription back then, and worth it. They premiered Last Night on Millenium Eve, timed to end at midnight - a nice touch I thought!

(I didn't watch it, obviously, I recorded it)

zomgmouse

His Nibs, a rare comedy from 1921 (by which I mean the film is rare not that comedies were rare in 1921).

zomgmouse

Small Man Big Horse

Afraid neither of the above are on any private trackers I'm a member of.

zomgmouse

Every copy I can find of Abel Ferrara's The Addiction is 4:3 rather than the suppsed 1.85:1 - any leads?

Junglist

Quote from: zomgmouse on June 27, 2019, 07:18:14 AM
Every copy I can find of Abel Ferrara's The Addiction is 4:3 rather than the suppsed 1.85:1 - any leads?

Check yo' PMs lad

zomgmouse

Is The Death and Life of John F. Donovan available anywhere?? Or is it too new?

Small Man Big Horse

I think it might be too new, Cinemageddon doesn't allow films until they've been released for 12 months, and I can't find it anywhere else either.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on July 10, 2019, 11:13:12 AM
, Cinemageddon doesn't allow films until they've been released for 12 months,

One for the elastic ethics thread unless I misunderstand something.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Dex Sawash on July 10, 2019, 12:38:07 PM
One for the elastic ethics thread unless I misunderstand something.

Heh, absolutely, but then applies to most torrenting in general.

Phil_A

I'm looking for any of Patrick Keiller's short films from between 1980-89, in particular Stonebridge Park(1981) and Norwood(1983). I think they were in a DVD set that's now long out of print. Anyone hook me up?

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Barney Sloane on July 10, 2019, 07:01:32 PM
Has Privileged (1982) ever turned up anywhere?

Quote from: Phil_A on July 10, 2019, 08:48:10 PM
I'm looking for any of Patrick Keiller's short films from between 1980-89, in particular Stonebridge Park(1981) and Norwood(1983). I think they were in a DVD set that's now long out of print. Anyone hook me up?

None of these are on Cinemageddon unfortunately.

zomgmouse

Having a bit of trouble finding Games (1967) by Curtis Harrington. Thought I had a copy but it's not on my hard drive.

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on July 10, 2019, 11:13:12 AM
I think it might be too new, Cinemageddon doesn't allow films until they've been released for 12 months, and I can't find it anywhere else either.

Ah, that's a shame. Dolan's new new film is out soon and I'd like to see this one before that. Thanks for checking though!

Herbert Ashe

Quote from: Phil_A on July 10, 2019, 08:48:10 PM

I should have these somewhere, if no-one else can help then I'll try to sort you out over the weekend.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: zomgmouse on July 11, 2019, 04:35:15 AM
Having a bit of trouble finding Games (1967) by Curtis Harrington. Thought I had a copy but it's not on my hard drive.

It's on youtube in surprisingly good quality - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-49XaleCe18

George White

Hand of  Night (1968) 
2000 YearsLater   (1969)
Kill  (1971)
Maya (1966)
   Phynx (1970)
  Macskafogo (1986)
L'Atlantide (1961)
Human Vapor
The Secret of Telegian
From   Earth to Moon (1958)
Gorath (1963)
ESPY  (1974)
Frankenstein  on  Campus (1970)

zomgmouse

Phil_A

Quote from: Herbert Ashe on July 11, 2019, 10:57:45 PM
I should have these somewhere, if no-one else can help then I'll try to sort you out over the weekend.

That'd be grand, thanks!

zomgmouse

Mean Johnny Barrows - there's a version on YouTube but it's pretty shoddy and I've had a look and apparently a 90min "director's cut" was released - any chance of someone tracking this down?

Blood Feud aka Il sicario from 1960 or 1961 directed by Damiano Damiani.

The Yellow Killer aka Kung Fu-ry aka From Bangkok with Orders to Kill aka Huang se sha shou (1972).

zomgmouse

chveik

Daughter of the Nile (1987) by Hou Hsiao-Hsien.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: zomgmouse on July 13, 2019, 05:36:04 AM
Mean Johnny Barrows - there's a version on YouTube but it's pretty shoddy and I've had a look and apparently a 90min "director's cut" was released - any chance of someone tracking this down?

Blood Feud aka Il sicario from 1960 or 1961 directed by Damiano Damiani.

I've found these two, but not the other two you mention. My ratio's taken quite the hit recently after I went on an obscure musicals rampage so I'm trying to build it up again, and once I do I'll get them for you.

Quote from: chveik on July 20, 2019, 11:13:52 PM
Daughter of the Nile (1987) by Hou Hsiao-Hsien.

I can only find a 29.9 gig version unfortunately, so yeah, afraid that's not going to happen.

chveik

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on July 21, 2019, 12:58:28 PM
I can only find a 29.9 gig version unfortunately, so yeah, afraid that's not going to happen.

shame. thanks for searching it anyway

zomgmouse

I've found these two, but not the other two you mention. My ratio's taken quite the hit recently after I went on an obscure musicals rampage so I'm trying to build it up again, and once I do I'll get them for you.

Oh that would be amazing, thank you! No rush really so whenever it's convenient. Very much appreciated. :)

zomgmouse

Btw I've found a great resource at wipfilms[dot]net - some good rarities that I was able to locate.

zomgmouse

Mean Johnny Barrows has been accounted for, thank you! The other one would be really appreciated though.

Phil_A

Could anyone help me find the 1979 version of Beckett's "Happy Days" starring Billie Whitelaw?

Someone has helpfully uploaded it to youtube...with no sound.