Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:33:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Hard-to-find films and let's find them why don't we?

Started by zomgmouse, January 18, 2018, 05:06:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

George White

Daddy's Gone A Hunting (1968)

Killing of Angel Street (1981)
Twenty Questions Murder Mystery (1950)
A Jolly Bad Fellow (1963)
W (1974)

Junglist

Quote from: George White on July 27, 2019, 12:35:54 PM
Daddy's Gone A Hunting (1968)

Killing of Angel Street (1981)
Twenty Questions Murder Mystery (1950)
A Jolly Bad Fellow (1963)
W (1974)

Rips floating about for all these. W is a vhsrip

Catalogue Trousers

George - I don't know if you're still looking for UTU, but it's up on YouTube right now...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1B3ymHYS6M

George White

Thanks,
still looking for
Hand of  Night (1968) 
2000 YearsLater   (1969)
Kill  (1971)
Maya (1966)
   Phynx (1970)
  Macskafogo (1986)
L'Atlantide (1961)
Human Vapor
The Secret of Telegian
From   Earth to Moon (1958)
Gorath (1963)
ESPY  (1974)
Frankenstein  on  Campus (1970)
I  Killed Rasputin (1967) and The Night they killed Rasputin (1960)
Half Human (1954)
Dans le ventre du dragon (1989)
Anchor Zone (1993)

Klynham Summer (1982)
Underground (1970)
The Sellout (1976), Trenchcoat (1983)
Came A Hot Friday

A VHSrip is fine.

Found Country Dance amongst others on ok.ru
Found the Formula, Chorus of Disapproval, Our Miss Fred, The Fiend, Viva Max, Black Pearl, Don't Drink the Water, Dracu;a Saga, Dinastio Dracula, In Enemy Country, Babel, the I Love A Mystery films, Naked Runner, Sands of the Kalahari, All the Marbles, the National Health, Corrupt Ones...
All differing grades of mediocre.
Though Anthony Hopkins is brilliant as a deranged Welsh am-dram producer.
Our Miss Fred I got in a bulk-buy.
The Formula after years of searching finally turned up in my local chazzer. And by God, it was awful. Felt like German television. Like an episode of Derrick via Troma.

George White

mothman

The two versions of Figures In A Landscape (1970) on YouTube are weird - one squeezes it into a corner of the screen, the other is somebody pointing a camera at a TV screen. Can anybody improve on that?

chveik

Quote from: mothman on July 28, 2019, 07:31:15 PM
The two versions of Figures In A Landscape (1970) on YouTube are weird - one squeezes it into a corner of the screen, the other is somebody pointing a camera at a TV screen. Can anybody improve on that?

dunno if you can change it on youtube but I could pm you a link if you want to.

mothman

It's OK, I've found a version... somewhere. Not brilliantly seeded but it'll probably get there eventually. Thanks anyway!

zomgmouse

Zones (Grauzone) (1979) - experimental Swiss film

chveik

two Errol Morris docs:

First Person (2000)
Fast, Cheap & Out of Control (1997)

nw83

I'd love to find 'When I Was Twelve' (2002 BBC TV film) by Dominic Savage. I remember it being very bleak but very good. No luck so far. Even sent a message to the director but never received a reply. Any ideas?

George White

Telefilms, but
Broadway on Showtime - The Passion of Dracula (1979)
Rex Harrison's Stories of Love (1974)
The Secret War of Jackie's Girls (1980)

chveik

I seriously doubt this film is available, but just in case:

Sleep Has Her House (Scott Barley, 2017)

zomgmouse

Quote from: chveik on August 01, 2019, 02:11:47 AM

I've been trying to hunt this one down myself but no leads unfortunately...

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: nw83 on July 30, 2019, 02:43:48 PM
I'd love to find 'When I Was Twelve' (2002 BBC TV film) by Dominic Savage. I remember it being very bleak but very good. No luck so far. Even sent a message to the director but never received a reply. Any ideas?

Afraid neither of these are on Cinemageddon.

Junglist

Quote from: zomgmouse on August 01, 2019, 04:19:09 AM
I've been trying to hunt this one down myself but no leads unfortunately...

Want a 1.5gb 576p, 3gb 720p or a 15gb 1080p?

chveik

Quote from: Junglist on August 01, 2019, 10:37:55 PM
Want a 1.5gb 576p, 3gb 720p or a 15gb 1080p?

I dunno about zomg, but 1,5 gb is good enough for me :)

Rizla

Anyone remember a BBC (I think) drama from late 90s/early 00s, partly filmed during the Edinburgh Festival, about a Bill Hicks-esque edgy standup comic? There was a scene where he almost rides off Arthur's Seat on a big motorbike, and bits set in Noo Yoik where he was dishing out cartons of cigarettes and cans of bud to the local youth? It was probably shite but I would still like to find it.

chveik

zomgmouse

Johan Cruyff

Quote from: nw83 on July 30, 2019, 02:43:48 PM
I don't have that but I have Out of Control (2002) also by Savage that I can rip for you if you want

nw83

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: chveik on July 30, 2019, 01:36:05 AM
two Errol Morris docs:

First Person (2000)
Fast, Cheap & Out of Control (1997)
I've got a massive folder full of Errol Morris, I know I've got First Person (which is a series, right?) and I presume I have the other. I'll whack 'em on my Google drive and send you a message when they're done.

chveik

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on August 05, 2019, 06:29:17 PM
I've got a massive folder full of Errol Morris, I know I've got First Person (which is a series, right?) and I presume I have the other. I'll whack 'em on my Google drive and send you a message when they're done.

cheers! (and yes it is indeed a series)

Big Mclargehuge

Go on then! I have one I've been looking for for a while "Letters from a Dead man" (Also known as Dead mans letters) one of the nuclear apocalypse movies to come out of the soviet union it follows a scientist who gets caught up in a nuclear war and the rest of the film follows his attempts to find his wife and kid while revisting parts of his past through old letters (Or at least that's the plot details I can find online...it may not be that simple)

In terms of what I've been able to find, the film exists partially in 140p on Dailymotion (it's split into loads of small parts and There are some parts missing) theres also a really dodgey bootleg available for sale through amazon (The seller is asking 99p for an email to arrange a bank transfer outside of amazon for a copy) but I don't know if that's still available. Outside of those two options the only other trace of this film I can find is that it was supposedly sold in a boxset about 15 years ago exclusively in Russia (This set may or may not exist as apart from an "Unavailable" listing on amazon where 1 is for sale for £600 theres nothing else to suggest it ever did exist).

Any help in finding this would be greatly appreciated as it looks so moody and bleak...the clips I've been able to find have had a really bleak "Threads" vibe (From a visual perspective at least)

chveik

zomgmouse

I watched this recently, if you need an alternate copy do let me know. It's supremely bleak and atmospheric.