Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:30:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Hard-to-find films and let's find them why don't we?

Started by zomgmouse, January 18, 2018, 05:06:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Mclargehuge

You're both absolutely amazing! I've been looking for a decent copy of this film now for the best part of 7 years! I'm in work at the minute but when I get home I'll take a look at my PM's properly! Thanks again! :)

nw83

Any chance of finding Goodbye South, Goodbye (Hou Hsiao-hsien, 1996)?

I can find torrents for most of the director's other films, but not that one.

It is on YouTube, in fairly poor quality, so at least there's that option if not. Thanks!

chveik

madhair60

zomgmouse

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: zomgmouse on July 13, 2019, 05:36:04 AM
Mean Johnny Barrows - there's a version on YouTube but it's pretty shoddy and I've had a look and apparently a 90min "director's cut" was released - any chance of someone tracking this down?

Blood Feud aka Il sicario from 1960 or 1961 directed by Damiano Damiani.

Are you still after these good sir? Thanks to a number of cult actors dying recently my ratio is looking healthier so I can get them for you if you haven't found them elsewhere.

zomgmouse

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on August 18, 2019, 10:35:41 PM
Are you still after these good sir? Thanks to a number of cult actors dying recently my ratio is looking healthier so I can get them for you if you haven't found them elsewhere.

The first one has been located but would still definitely very much appreciate the second!

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: zomgmouse on August 19, 2019, 01:04:48 AM
The first one has been located but would still definitely very much appreciate the second!

Ah, I just checked it out and there's no English subtitles unfortunately, I can still get it if you wish but as it's in Italian it might be difficult to understand.

zomgmouse

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on August 19, 2019, 11:00:13 AM
Ah, I just checked it out and there's no English subtitles unfortunately, I can still get it if you wish but as it's in Italian it might be difficult to understand.

Better than nothing I suppose! Maybe the subs will pop up somewhere.

Bobby Treetops

Anyone seen Scabbard Samurai or Symbols by Japanese director/comedian Hitoshi Matsumoto, if not then I'd highly recommend them both.

What I'm after are his other films R100 and Big Man Japan, I've found them online before but never with English subtitles.

Can any of you kind souls help me out there?

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Bobby Treetops on August 20, 2019, 07:48:29 PM
Anyone seen Scabbard Samurai or Symbols by Japanese director/comedian Hitoshi Matsumoto, if not then I'd highly recommend them both.

What I'm after are his other films R100 and Big Man Japan, I've found them online before but never with English subtitles.

Can any of you kind souls help me out there?

I've seen Symbol and liked it a lot, and did have Scabbard Samurai until my previous laptop died, and keep on meaning to get more of his work. Which in short means - Yes, I'm downloading R100 and Big Man Japan which both have English subtitles as we speak, and once they're finished I'll upload them and send you the link.

Small Man Big Horse

I've just sent out the links for Blood Feud aka Il Sicario, R100 and Big Man Japan now, if anyone else wants them please pm me.

Bobby Treetops

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on August 20, 2019, 08:21:03 PM
I've seen Symbol and liked it a lot, and did have Scabbard Samurai until my previous laptop died, and keep on meaning to get more of his work. Which in short means - Yes, I'm downloading R100 and Big Man Japan which both have English subtitles as we speak, and once they're finished I'll upload them and send you the link.

What a kind person you are Small Man Big Horse, thanks for that.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Bobby Treetops on August 20, 2019, 09:42:32 PM
What a kind person you are Small Man Big Horse, thanks for that.

It's so not a problem, for once they were films which I wanted to see myself and your post inspired me to watch R100 tonight, and I've just posted a mini-review of it in the "What Non-New Films Have You Seen?" thread.

privatefriend

Currently looking for a download of Crazy Love (1987). In fact almost all Mondo Macabre releases are hard to come by, even legally.

www.imdb.com/title/tt0092794/

Norton Canes

With people talking about Jeremy Deller's rave history Everybody In The Place I was having a look through his Wiki and was reminded that he also made The Posters Came From The Walls, a study of obsessive fans of Depeche Mode. As a slightly obsessive DM fan myself I've always wanted to see it but as far as I can tell it's never been commercially available and the only instance of it on YouTube is a dubbed Russian version.

So...

Small Man Big Horse

It's on Cinemageddon but currently unseeded, and apparently it's a not very good cam version according to the comments, though there's also a link to a supposedly better version which has subtitles but is in English at least. https://my.mail.ru/mail/jamagutsi/video/_myvideo/47.html

Norton Canes

Small Man Big Horse

The AV Club have just run an article about The Velocipastor (https://film.avclub.com/how-can-you-not-check-out-a-movie-called-the-velocipast-1837383938) a very low budget film about a priest who turns in to a dinosaur, I've tried to find it but failed so far, I don't suppose anyone has it?

Junglist

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on August 26, 2019, 09:16:50 PM
The AV Club have just run an article about The Velocipastor (https://film.avclub.com/how-can-you-not-check-out-a-movie-called-the-velocipast-1837383938) a very low budget film about a priest who turns in to a dinosaur, I've tried to find it but failed so far, I don't suppose anyone has it?

Can get a 1080 rip with hardcoded subtitles. I'll up tomorrow after Control (the game, not film) downloads.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Junglist on August 26, 2019, 11:23:25 PM
Can get a 1080 rip with hardcoded subtitles. I'll up tomorrow after Control (the game, not film) downloads.

That'd be hugely appreciated, thank you.

Junglist

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on August 27, 2019, 10:23:19 AM
That'd be hugely appreciated, thank you.

Tracker is currently down, once back up I'm on it.

George White

Quote from: George White on July 28, 2019, 01:25:37 PM
Thanks,
still looking for
Hand of  Night (1968) 
2000 YearsLater   (1969)
Kill  (1971)
Maya (1966)
   Phynx (1970)
  Macskafogo (1986)
L'Atlantide (1961)
Human Vapor
The Secret of Telegian
From   Earth to Moon (1958)
Gorath (1963)
ESPY  (1974)
Frankenstein  on  Campus (1970)
I  Killed Rasputin (1967) and The Night they killed Rasputin (1960)
Half Human (1954)
Dans le ventre du dragon (1989)
Anchor Zone (1993)

Klynham Summer (1982)
Underground (1970)
The Sellout (1976), Trenchcoat (1983)
Came A Hot Friday

A VHSrip is fine.

Found Country Dance amongst others on ok.ru
Found the Formula, Chorus of Disapproval, Our Miss Fred, The Fiend, Viva Max, Black Pearl, Don't Drink the Water, Dracu;a Saga, Dinastio Dracula, In Enemy Country, Babel, the I Love A Mystery films, Naked Runner, Sands of the Kalahari, All the Marbles, the National Health, Corrupt Ones...
All differing grades of mediocre.
Though Anthony Hopkins is brilliant as a deranged Welsh am-dram producer.
Our Miss Fred I got in a bulk-buy.
The Formula after years of searching finally turned up in my local chazzer. And by God, it was awful. Felt like German television. Like an episode of Derrick via Troma.

I found
the not-very-good-sadly Sayonara Jupiter

L'Atlantide

zomgmouse

Jacques Rivette's three early short films, "Aux quatre coins", "Le quadrille" and "Le divertissement" have apparently been found and restored - does anyone know if they've been released at all, outside of film festival screenings?

Also, the film I'm for the Hippopotamus (Io sto con gli ippopotami) with Bud Spencer and Terence Hill - I am trying to track down an Italian audio version with English subtitles. Currently I have found about three different Italian versions and three different English subtitles but none of the subtitles match up with any of the Italian versions and I've tried resyncing and shifting the subtitles but it doesn't quite fit. Does anyone know where to find an exact matching copy of the film and its subtitles?

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: zomgmouse on August 30, 2019, 07:55:32 AM
Jacques Rivette's three early short films, "Aux quatre coins", "Le quadrille" and "Le divertissement" have apparently been found and restored - does anyone know if they've been released at all, outside of film festival screenings?

Also, the film I'm for the Hippopotamus (Io sto con gli ippopotami) with Bud Spencer and Terence Hill - I am trying to track down an Italian audio version with English subtitles. Currently I have found about three different Italian versions and three different English subtitles but none of the subtitles match up with any of the Italian versions and I've tried resyncing and shifting the subtitles but it doesn't quite fit. Does anyone know where to find an exact matching copy of the film and its subtitles?

No go on the Cinemageddon front sadly, they just have the dubbed versions.

Herbert Ashe

yeah, it's been v.quiet on that front, which is.... curious? Pretty sure they haven't surfaced on any legal streaming platforms. As far as I can tell as I'm not on KG - I used to get all my hard-to-find stuff on SMz before that died - but if they aren't there I'm guessing they've been kept under a close eye to avoid a leak.

Maybe they're being held back for physical release, Jeanne la Pucelle is coming soon so finger crossed they're be around in a few months.

zomgmouse

Quote from: Herbert Ashe on August 31, 2019, 05:03:18 PM
yeah, it's been v.quiet on that front, which is.... curious? Pretty sure they haven't surfaced on any legal streaming platforms. As far as I can tell as I'm not on KG - I used to get all my hard-to-find stuff on SMz before that died - but if they aren't there I'm guessing they've been kept under a close eye to avoid a leak.

Maybe they're being held back for physical release, Jeanne la Pucelle is coming soon so finger crossed they're be around in a few months.

Yes fingers crossed... I've still never seen any Rivette and wanted to try to do it in chronological order but then gave up on these because they were lost, but now that they've been found maybe I'll keep holding out.

Junglist

There are no matching English subs for the Italian version as the only source online is a German DVD/BR release - so only matching German subs, sadly.

zomgmouse

Argh, yeah, it's so frustrating - so many versions and none of them match... I guess the only thing to do would be to sit there and constantly manually adjust the subtitles to fit it, which is less than ideal.

I'm having a similar issue with Jackie Chan's The Young Master actually if anyone has any leads? The only versions I've found have English audio and the one Cantonese audio file doesn't have matching English subs.

Junglist

Quote from: zomgmouse on September 02, 2019, 04:14:09 AM
I'm having a similar issue with Jackie Chan's The Young Master actually if anyone has any leads? The only versions I've found have English audio and the one Cantonese audio file doesn't have matching English subs.

I can get you a rip with Cantonese audio, English subs, and a second audio track of English commentary?