Author Topic: Hard-to-find films and let's find them why don't we?  (Read 39496 times)

zomgmouse

• I love carrots
    • BEN VOLCHOK DOT COM
Re: Hard-to-find films and let's find them why don't we?
« Reply #450 on: September 03, 2019, 05:28:20 AM »
I can get you a rip with Cantonese audio, English subs, and a second audio track of English commentary?

Oh that would be terrific if you could!!

« Reply #451 on: September 05, 2019, 09:50:04 PM »
Oh that would be terrific if you could!!

PMed ya yesterday man

zomgmouse

• I love carrots
    • BEN VOLCHOK DOT COM
« Reply #452 on: September 06, 2019, 03:16:26 AM »
PMed ya yesterday man

Ooh thank you I'll have a look later today!

chveik

• JAZZ SNOB EAT SHIT
« Reply #453 on: October 25, 2019, 03:46:10 PM »
After Liverpool (Michael Haneke, 1974)

Famous Mortimer

• War - it's fantastic!
    • International Syndicate of Cult Film Critics
« Reply #454 on: October 26, 2019, 08:15:25 PM »
After Liverpool (Michael Haneke, 1974)
I'm going to take a wild guess and say this is lost to time. 1974 German TV movie, only 24 ratings on IMDB (some of which may be bots), no reviews, only one screenshot, no mention of it in Haneke conversations online...there's a page on MUBI for it which has unique information, but this might just be the work of a MUBI employee who's a fan of his.

Good luck finding it, of course (someone will probably be along in a minute with a DVD of it to make me look like a twat).

« Reply #455 on: October 26, 2019, 10:53:57 PM »
Yeah that's lost pretty much.

Lost Oliver

• Silver Member
  • Not while she's got Medicine Head on the phone
« Reply #456 on: November 01, 2019, 10:38:17 AM »
This is more of a 'what the balls was it called' question so forgive me.

I saw it at the cinemal around 2012-14 - not sure if it had just come out.

I think it was set in Hong Kong but it could've been China. Pretty sure Hong Kong.

Details: about a guy who was obsessed with a woman and then found out later on that either she was his mum or there was some link there. I think he killed her. I remember the girl bringing fish back to his apartment quite often, live ones.

Monologues over the top of it and about 2 hours long. Not a comedy, as much as it sounds like one, and not as avante garde as it sounds.

I've just realised that this is dreadful information but I'm posting anyway as it'll remind me to ask Mrs LO if she has any memories.

chveik

• JAZZ SNOB EAT SHIT
« Reply #457 on: November 02, 2019, 10:34:31 AM »
I'm going to take a wild guess and say this is lost to time. 1974 German TV movie, only 24 ratings on IMDB (some of which may be bots), no reviews, only one screenshot, no mention of it in Haneke conversations online...there's a page on MUBI for it which has unique information, but this might just be the work of a MUBI employee who's a fan of his.

that's what I thought at first, but I recently read an essay on Haneke where the author talked a bit about this film, so I assumed it was possibly available.

Small Man Big Horse

• Writers wanted for comedy website, pls click below
« Reply #458 on: November 02, 2019, 10:57:17 AM »
This is more of a 'what the balls was it called' question so forgive me.

I saw it at the cinemal around 2012-14 - not sure if it had just come out.

I think it was set in Hong Kong but it could've been China. Pretty sure Hong Kong.

Details: about a guy who was obsessed with a woman and then found out later on that either she was his mum or there was some link there. I think he killed her. I remember the girl bringing fish back to his apartment quite often, live ones.

Monologues over the top of it and about 2 hours long. Not a comedy, as much as it sounds like one, and not as avante garde as it sounds.

I've just realised that this is dreadful information but I'm posting anyway as it'll remind me to ask Mrs LO if she has any memories.

That rings a bell but I can't think of the title either, and a google search only brought up an alarming number of similar true life stories.

« Reply #459 on: November 13, 2019, 10:21:04 AM »

Daddy's Gone A Hunting (1968)
The Scarecrow/Klynham Summer (1982)
Killing of Angel Street (1981)
Twenty Questions Murder Mystery (1950)
A Jolly Bad Fellow (1963)
W (1974)
Hand of  Night (1968)
2000 YearsLater   (1969)
 Kill  (1971)
Maya (1966)
   Phynx (1970)
  Macskafogo (1986)
Human Vapor
The Secret of Telegian
From   Earth to Moon (1958)
ESPY  (1974)
The Night they killed Rasputin (1960)
Half Human (1954)
Dans le ventre du dragon (1989)
Anchor Zone (1993)

Klynham Summer (1982)
Underground (1970)
Trenchcoat (1983)
Came A Hot Friday
Wedding Night (1969)

A VHSrip is fine. 
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 01:15:46 PM by George White »

Famous Mortimer

• War - it's fantastic!
    • International Syndicate of Cult Film Critics
« Reply #460 on: November 13, 2019, 04:26:19 PM »
  Macskafogo (1986)
It's on Amazon. Why not just start a new thread called "please pirate these widely available movies for me"?

« Reply #461 on: January 13, 2020, 05:24:06 PM »
A little fun for you all.

Identify the film.
Identify the man in the middle of the picture.

Small Man Big Horse

• Writers wanted for comedy website, pls click below
« Reply #462 on: January 13, 2020, 05:28:26 PM »
Did a google image search and it says it's Tom and Jerry. So is it popular cat and mouse based animation Tom and Jerry?

Puce Moment

« Reply #463 on: February 06, 2020, 09:37:26 AM »
I'm pretty sure this is not hard to find, but I am posting this here because *I* am finding it hard to find.

I started watching a film a few weeks ago and I turned it off after about 15mins because I knew my wife would like it, so I was saving it for the weekend. But now I can't find the fucker!

I'm pretty sure I watched it from a recommendation here, and it was released last year. I remember there were no subs but my German is just about good enough to follow it (so I imagine it is German or Austrian).

The plot from what I remember was about a woman living on her own who is maybe ostracised from her community due to something or other in the past (or they might think she is a witch, I can't be sure). Another woman befriends her and they lie together although I don't know if it turns sexual. I think this is a period film, although I can't remember exactly what time it is set.

It is not Haguzassa although I may have conflated them in my mind a bit (hence the witchy comment).

HILFE!

Cerys

• Bionic-Arsed
  • Golden Member
  • Cyber Engineered Ravaged Yakking System
    • The Brainwrongs of Cerys
« Reply #464 on: February 07, 2020, 02:47:25 AM »
A little fun for you all.

Identify the film.
Identify the man in the middle of the picture.

No idea about the film, but is it the bloke who played Young Sherlock Holmes in the film of the same name?

« Reply #465 on: February 07, 2020, 03:02:18 AM »
Agony, Elem Klimov (1982)

chveik

• JAZZ SNOB EAT SHIT
« Reply #466 on: February 09, 2020, 04:52:59 PM »
Die Rebellion (Haneke, 1993)

« Reply #467 on: February 09, 2020, 09:03:15 PM »
No idea about the film, but is it the bloke who played Young Sherlock Holmes in the film of the same name?

Clue: P. Collins, K. Moon, erm, D. Clark 5.

« Reply #468 on: February 17, 2020, 12:38:57 AM »
Die Rebellion (Haneke, 1993)

Agony, Elem Klimov (1982)

Can get both these. No subtitles on Die Rebellion though.

chveik

• JAZZ SNOB EAT SHIT
« Reply #469 on: February 17, 2020, 12:43:36 AM »
sorry, I've forgotten to say that I finally found Die Rebellion (with subtitles!)

DukeDeMondo

• fuck sake
« Reply #470 on: February 18, 2020, 05:59:14 PM »
This is probably a really fucking long shot, but for many, many years I've been trying to track down a copy of Jesus: Der Film from 1986. It's an experimental picture overseen by Michael Brynntrup, made up of a whole bunch of scenes all tackled by different directors. I'm working on something to do with it at the minute and so once again I'm trying to hunt a copy down. I know the "trailer," which to the best of my knowledge is a lengthy section lifted directly from the film, has been uploaded to Vimeo, and Jörg Buttgereit's segment is included as an extra on the Schramm blu ray, but that's as much as I've ever been able to see. Both of those excerpts are presented in those contexts in relatively high quality, which leads me to believe a copy of the film must exist somewhere, and must be in pretty good shape.

A gorgeous hardback book on the film does exist, and I received it in the post today. It has a whole bunch of stuff on the production and a load of correspondence between the various collaborators and has the complete script (which is also available online), or at least that's what I've been led to believe it includes. I haven't actually taken it out the cellophane yet because I have some other things to see to first and I know I'll do fuck all but salivate over every page of the thing for the next six months if I dare crack it now, but just looking at the cover has me palpitating. I desperately want to see the film, and have done ever since catching a reference to it in a magazine I was reading some time away back in the nineties. Has anyone ever found a bootleg online or anything like this? Does anyone have a copy?

Highly unlikely, I know, but then so are a whole load of things. Worth a shot, anyway.

Cuellar

• Taxes, they'll be lower...son
« Reply #471 on: February 18, 2020, 06:25:41 PM »
Ever since it was mentioned in the Bulgaria Thread, I've been interested in this: Aszparuh

The full 5 hour epic. Can't find it.

« Reply #472 on: Yesterday at 05:21:33 AM »
Can get both these. No subtitles on Die Rebellion though.

would be much appreciated!

« Reply #473 on: Today at 03:46:35 AM »
would be much appreciated!

Ever since it was mentioned in the Bulgaria Thread, I've been interested in this: Aszparuh

The full 5 hour epic. Can't find it.

I'll try and upload both tomorrow.

Der Film I cannot find, only Schramm.

Tags: