Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:31:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Hard-to-find films and let's find them why don't we?

Started by zomgmouse, January 18, 2018, 05:06:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zomgmouse

Quote from: Junglist on September 02, 2019, 10:32:55 PM
I can get you a rip with Cantonese audio, English subs, and a second audio track of English commentary?

Oh that would be terrific if you could!!

zomgmouse

chveik

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: chveik on October 25, 2019, 03:46:10 PM
After Liverpool (Michael Haneke, 1974)
I'm going to take a wild guess and say this is lost to time. 1974 German TV movie, only 24 ratings on IMDB (some of which may be bots), no reviews, only one screenshot, no mention of it in Haneke conversations online...there's a page on MUBI for it which has unique information, but this might just be the work of a MUBI employee who's a fan of his.

Good luck finding it, of course (someone will probably be along in a minute with a DVD of it to make me look like a twat).

Lost Oliver

This is more of a 'what the balls was it called' question so forgive me.

I saw it at the cinemal around 2012-14 - not sure if it had just come out.

I think it was set in Hong Kong but it could've been China. Pretty sure Hong Kong.

Details: about a guy who was obsessed with a woman and then found out later on that either she was his mum or there was some link there. I think he killed her. I remember the girl bringing fish back to his apartment quite often, live ones.

Monologues over the top of it and about 2 hours long. Not a comedy, as much as it sounds like one, and not as avante garde as it sounds.

I've just realised that this is dreadful information but I'm posting anyway as it'll remind me to ask Mrs LO if she has any memories.

chveik

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on October 26, 2019, 08:15:25 PM
I'm going to take a wild guess and say this is lost to time. 1974 German TV movie, only 24 ratings on IMDB (some of which may be bots), no reviews, only one screenshot, no mention of it in Haneke conversations online...there's a page on MUBI for it which has unique information, but this might just be the work of a MUBI employee who's a fan of his.

that's what I thought at first, but I recently read an essay on Haneke where the author talked a bit about this film, so I assumed it was possibly available.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Lost Oliver on November 01, 2019, 10:38:17 AM
This is more of a 'what the balls was it called' question so forgive me.

I saw it at the cinemal around 2012-14 - not sure if it had just come out.

I think it was set in Hong Kong but it could've been China. Pretty sure Hong Kong.

Details: about a guy who was obsessed with a woman and then found out later on that either she was his mum or there was some link there. I think he killed her. I remember the girl bringing fish back to his apartment quite often, live ones.

Monologues over the top of it and about 2 hours long. Not a comedy, as much as it sounds like one, and not as avante garde as it sounds.

I've just realised that this is dreadful information but I'm posting anyway as it'll remind me to ask Mrs LO if she has any memories.

That rings a bell but I can't think of the title either, and a google search only brought up an alarming number of similar true life stories.

George White

Daddy's Gone A Hunting (1968)
The Scarecrow/Klynham Summer (1982)
Killing of Angel Street (1981)
Twenty Questions Murder Mystery (1950)
A Jolly Bad Fellow (1963)
W (1974)
Hand of  Night (1968)
2000 YearsLater   (1969)
Kill  (1971)
Maya (1966)
   Phynx (1970)
  Macskafogo (1986)
Human Vapor
The Secret of Telegian
From   Earth to Moon (1958)
ESPY  (1974)
The Night they killed Rasputin (1960)
Half Human (1954)
Dans le ventre du dragon (1989)
Anchor Zone (1993)

Klynham Summer (1982)
Underground (1970)
Trenchcoat (1983)
Came A Hot Friday
Wedding Night (1969)

A VHSrip is fine. 

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: George White on November 13, 2019, 10:21:04 AM
  Macskafogo (1986)
It's on Amazon. Why not just start a new thread called "please pirate these widely available movies for me"?

kaprisky

A little fun for you all.

Identify the film.
Identify the man in the middle of the picture.

Small Man Big Horse

Did a google image search and it says it's Tom and Jerry. So is it popular cat and mouse based animation Tom and Jerry?

Puce Moment

I'm pretty sure this is not hard to find, but I am posting this here because *I* am finding it hard to find.

I started watching a film a few weeks ago and I turned it off after about 15mins because I knew my wife would like it, so I was saving it for the weekend. But now I can't find the fucker!

I'm pretty sure I watched it from a recommendation here, and it was released last year. I remember there were no subs but my German is just about good enough to follow it (so I imagine it is German or Austrian).

The plot from what I remember was about a woman living on her own who is maybe ostracised from her community due to something or other in the past (or they might think she is a witch, I can't be sure). Another woman befriends her and they lie together although I don't know if it turns sexual. I think this is a period film, although I can't remember exactly what time it is set.

It is not Haguzassa although I may have conflated them in my mind a bit (hence the witchy comment).

HILFE!

Cerys

Quote from: kaprisky on January 13, 2020, 05:24:06 PM
A little fun for you all.

Identify the film.
Identify the man in the middle of the picture.

No idea about the film, but is it the bloke who played Young Sherlock Holmes in the film of the same name?

chveik

kaprisky

Quote from: Cerys on February 07, 2020, 02:47:25 AM
No idea about the film, but is it the bloke who played Young Sherlock Holmes in the film of the same name?

Clue: P. Collins, K. Moon, erm, D. Clark 5.

chveik

sorry, I've forgotten to say that I finally found Die Rebellion (with subtitles!)

DukeDeMondo

This is probably a really fucking long shot, but for many, many years I've been trying to track down a copy of Jesus: Der Film from 1986. It's an experimental picture overseen by Michael Brynntrup, made up of a whole bunch of scenes all tackled by different directors. I'm working on something to do with it at the minute and so once again I'm trying to hunt a copy down. I know the "trailer," which to the best of my knowledge is a lengthy section lifted directly from the film, has been uploaded to Vimeo, and Jörg Buttgereit's segment is included as an extra on the Schramm blu ray, but that's as much as I've ever been able to see. Both of those excerpts are presented in those contexts in relatively high quality, which leads me to believe a copy of the film must exist somewhere, and must be in pretty good shape.

A gorgeous hardback book on the film does exist, and I received it in the post today. It has a whole bunch of stuff on the production and a load of correspondence between the various collaborators and has the complete script (which is also available online), or at least that's what I've been led to believe it includes. I haven't actually taken it out the cellophane yet because I have some other things to see to first and I know I'll do fuck all but salivate over every page of the thing for the next six months if I dare crack it now, but just looking at the cover has me palpitating. I desperately want to see the film, and have done ever since catching a reference to it in a magazine I was reading some time away back in the nineties. Has anyone ever found a bootleg online or anything like this? Does anyone have a copy?

Highly unlikely, I know, but then so are a whole load of things. Worth a shot, anyway.

Cuellar

Ever since it was mentioned in the Bulgaria Thread, I've been interested in this: Aszparuh

The full 5 hour epic. Can't find it.

Junglist

Quote from: Dog Botherer on February 19, 2020, 05:21:33 AM
would be much appreciated!

Quote from: Cuellar on February 18, 2020, 06:25:41 PM
Ever since it was mentioned in the Bulgaria Thread, I've been interested in this: Aszparuh

The full 5 hour epic. Can't find it.

I'll try and upload both tomorrow.

Der Film I cannot find, only Schramm.

Cuellar

DukeDeMondo

Quote from: Junglist on February 20, 2020, 03:46:35 AM
Der Film I cannot find, only Schramm.

Oh thank you very much for having a look! To be honest I don't expect anyone will be able to find it. Maybe it'll see an official release one of these days. Stranger things have happened.

DukeDeMondo

Quote from: DukeDeMondo on February 18, 2020, 05:59:14 PM
This is probably a really fucking long shot, but for many, many years I've been trying to track down a copy of Jesus: Der Film from 1986.

Just in case anyone is still keeping an eye out for this for me, I finally, some 25-odd years after first hearing tell of it, managed to secure a copy. It just occurred to me out of nowhere that I'm Facebook friends with someone who was involved with the production - somehow I'd managed to forget that - and so I sent off a message and before long I was in touch with Michael Brynntrup himself and a DVD copy of the film should be on its way to me as I'm typing this here now. I find it very, very, very difficult to get excited or especially enthusiastic about anything at all right now, but I am deliriously excited about this.

So, FOUND, is the colour of the times, far as this Holy Grail of a thing (for me at least) is concerned.

magval

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the purpose of the thread, but I'm looking for a HD copy of the Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue / Let Sleeping Corpses Lie.

Can't be viewed (even bought) on Amazon. Anyone have a nice shiny HD copy of this they could share? Or know where to find one?

Small Man Big Horse

There's a 4.3 gig rip on the pirate bay, and given the file size I'm guessing the quality must be okay.

magval

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on March 26, 2020, 09:47:59 PM
There's a 4.3 gig rip on the pirate bay, and given the file size I'm guessing the quality must be okay.

Been stuck at 80% for two weeks :-(, thanks though mate. I've currently got four incomplete downloads sitting but none will finish.