Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 06:36:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Hard-to-find films and let's find them why don't we?

Started by zomgmouse, January 18, 2018, 05:06:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Man Big Horse

I can get that for you, working right now but will obtain it this evening.

Neomod

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on June 08, 2020, 05:22:08 PM
I can get that for you, working right now but will obtain it this evening.

Thanks SMBH i'd be hugely appreciative.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Neomod on June 08, 2020, 06:43:04 PM
Thanks SMBH i'd be hugely appreciative.

It's so not a problem, I've just sent you the link now, and if anyone else wants it, pm me.

Neomod

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on June 08, 2020, 08:22:49 PM
It's so not a problem, I've just sent you the link now, and if anyone else wants it, pm me.

Got it. Su-pwerb! An evening of Ben Dover's mainstream debut and Margate looking grimly beautiful awaits. I highly recommend it to everyone.

Thanks SMBH, you're a diamond.

zomgmouse

Hello! Back again with a few requests:

The Haunted Cop Shop II (Jeffrey Lau, 1988)
In the Shadow of Fear (Giorgos Karypidis, 1988 - found a VHS rip of this but no subtitles)
The Pyramid (Gary Kent, 1975 or 1976)
Plan Delta (Bob Visser, 1989 - though the year for this has varied as well)
Brave (Richard Stanley, 1994 - yes the Marillion video)
The Long Night (Woodie King Jr., 1976)
Countdown at Kusini (aka Cool Red) (Ossie Davis, 1976)

And some newer ones:

Ema Nudar Umanu (Jonas Rusumalay Diaz, Thomas Henning, 2018)
Profile (Timur Bekmambetov, 2018 - I know this has had distribution issues)
Old Beast (Ziyang Zhou, 2017)
Fistful of Dirt (Sebastián Silva, 2018)
Night God (Adilkhan Yerzhanov, 2018)
Bamboo Dogs (Khavn, 2018)

Any leads appreciated! Hope you've all been well.

kaprisky

Quote from: kaprisky on January 13, 2020, 05:24:06 PM
A little fun for you all.

Identify the film.
Identify the man in the middle of the picture.

The film is Maeve (1981).
The man in the middle is Rob Gotobed.

The end credits list a track credited to Gotobed and Desmond Simmons (Perfect Avalanche). Simmons' first album was apparently produced by Gilbert and Lewis and features both Newman and Gotobed...

zomgmouse

Quote from: kaprisky on June 21, 2020, 10:29:24 AM
The film is Maeve (1981).
The man in the middle is Rob Gotobed.

The end credits list a track credited to Gotobed and Desmond Simmons (Perfect Avalanche). Simmons' first album was apparently produced by Gilbert and Lewis and features both Newman and Gotobed...

I've been searching for this for years as well!

Puce Moment

I'm trying with no success to get a copy of Vlčí Bouda/Wolf's Hole (1986 or 1987) by Věra Chytilová (her of Daisies fame) with English subtitles (even shitty ones). It is on dailymotion in 5 parts but no subs at all. Any help will result in a virtual blowie!

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: zomgmouse on June 17, 2020, 05:55:07 AM
Hello! Back again with a few requests:

In the Shadow of Fear (Giorgos Karypidis, 1988 - found a VHS rip of this but no subtitles)
The Pyramid (Gary Kent, 1975 or 1976)
Plan Delta (Bob Visser, 1989 - though the year for this has varied as well)
Brave (Richard Stanley, 1994 - yes the Marillion video)
The Long Night (Woodie King Jr., 1976)
Countdown at Kusini (aka Cool Red) (Ossie Davis, 1976)

And some newer ones:

Ema Nudar Umanu (Jonas Rusumalay Diaz, Thomas Henning, 2018)
Profile (Timur Bekmambetov, 2018 - I know this has had distribution issues)
Fistful of Dirt (Sebastián Silva, 2018)
Night God (Adilkhan Yerzhanov, 2018)
Bamboo Dogs (Khavn, 2018)

Any leads appreciated! Hope you've all been well.

Oops, missed seeing this earlier, but shall have a search for them in my lunch break.

Quote from: Puce Moment on June 23, 2020, 12:07:26 AM
I'm trying with no success to get a copy of Vlčí Bouda/Wolf's Hole (1986 or 1987) by Věra Chytilová (her of Daisies fame) with English subtitles (even shitty ones). It is on dailymotion in 5 parts but no subs at all. Any help will result in a virtual blowie!

I'm downloading it for you now as we speak! Going to have work for a couple of hours soon but will upload it this afternoon and send you (and anyone else who wants it of course) the link then.

Puce Moment

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on June 23, 2020, 11:18:06 AMI'm downloading it for you now as we speak! Going to have work for a couple of hours soon but will upload it this afternoon and send you (and anyone else who wants it of course) the link then.

Horsey you bloody star! I've been looking for this film for ages so thank you so much. The "virtual blowie" was a bait and switch, soz!

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Puce Moment on June 23, 2020, 11:42:23 AM
Horsey you bloody star! I've been looking for this film for ages so thank you so much. The "virtual blowie" was a bait and switch, soz!

It's so not a problem, and it's okay, I knew the blowie would be a real one all along.

Puce Moment

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Puce Moment on June 23, 2020, 02:03:02 PM

I'm so turned on right now.

Also, I've now uploaded it to mediafire and sent you the link, and if anyone else wants it just pm me.

Puce Moment

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on June 23, 2020, 02:23:25 PM
I'm so turned on right now.

Also, I've now uploaded it to mediafire and sent you the link, and if anyone else wants it just pm me.

You are super!

zomgmouse

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on June 23, 2020, 11:18:06 AM
Oops, missed seeing this earlier, but shall have a search for them in my lunch break.
Much obliged, thank you :)

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: zomgmouse on June 17, 2020, 05:55:07 AM
Hello! Back again with a few requests...

If you haven't tracked them down I can get you:

zomgmouse

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on June 26, 2020, 09:58:39 AM
If you haven't tracked them down I can get you:

Have not yet managed to track them down so those would be greatly appreciated! If they're not too big of course :) Thank you immensely!

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: zomgmouse on June 28, 2020, 01:49:53 PM
Have not yet managed to track them down so those would be greatly appreciated! If they're not too big of course :) Thank you immensely!

Ah, just noticed that Old Beast only has subtitles in Mandarin, and I can't find English ones anywhere, but I'll get The Haunted Cop Shop II now.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Pranet on April 30, 2020, 10:45:50 PM
There are quite a lot of old films on ok.ru. After a while it limits streaming quality if you don't register (I got round that with a proxy, but a free proxy also isn't very reliable.)

To register you need to give them a phone number. Anyone registered? Do they send spam texts to you the rest of your life? Is it a bad idea to register for any reason?

Only just seen this. I think I used youtube-dl to get Nine Days in One Year off there, mainly so I could play it through kodi easily. I didn't have to sign up or anything.

Small Man Big Horse

I've now uploaded The Haunted Cop Shop II (Jeffrey Lau, 1988) to a reputable file locker, if anyone else wants the link just pm me.

zomgmouse

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on June 28, 2020, 02:47:13 PM
Ah, just noticed that Old Beast only has subtitles in Mandarin, and I can't find English ones anywhere, but I'll get The Haunted Cop Shop II now.

That's wonderful, thanks very much!

It's tricky with a lot of the festival-premiering films, they very rarely show up anywhere else, and it's a real shame. I guess it's part of a buy-out system and if no one buys them then they fade into obscurity? I have huge lists of films from festival programmes which I'm unlikely to ever find for that very reason.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: zomgmouse on June 29, 2020, 04:00:01 AM
That's wonderful, thanks very much!

It's tricky with a lot of the festival-premiering films, they very rarely show up anywhere else, and it's a real shame. I guess it's part of a buy-out system and if no one buys them then they fade into obscurity? I have huge lists of films from festival programmes which I'm unlikely to ever find for that very reason.
I occasionally look at the list of movies you've seen at festivals and so on, and you're right about tons of them never getting released. Which is what you said. I JUST WANT TO BE IN THE CONVERSATION

wosl

Would love to find watchable versions of the following, so if someone with access to an invite site or the like would be good enough to have a gander for me at some point, and perhaps snag a DL link for one or more, I'd really appreciate it:

À la Folie/Six Days, Six Nights (Diane Kurys) [very foggy memories are persuading me that Anne Parillaud, Beatrice Dalle and Bernard Verley were all good in this]
Mina Tannenbaum (Martine Dugowson)
En Kille och en Tjej (Lasse Hallstrom)
Tva Killar och en Tjej/Happy We (Hallstrom)

I keep thinking that the top are crying out to be taken up by the likes of Criterion or Arrow, but haven't been made aware of that happening yet (cue someone arriving to wave an Arrow announcement in my direction).

zomgmouse

Quote from: wosl on June 29, 2020, 05:37:45 PM
Mina Tannenbaum (Martine Dugowson)

Appears to be on ulozto dot net, not sure if it has subs but if not there seem to be a few on opensubtitles dot com

zomgmouse

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on June 29, 2020, 12:33:33 PM
I occasionally look at the list of movies you've seen at festivals and so on, and you're right about tons of them never getting released. Which is what you said. I JUST WANT TO BE IN THE CONVERSATION

Definitely! If nothing else, I just wanna seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee themmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

wosl

Quote from: zomgmouse on June 30, 2020, 02:44:59 AMAppears to be on ulozto dot net, not sure if it has subs but if not there seem to be a few on opensubtitles dot com

Good heavens!  Thank you.

zomgmouse

Don't suppose anyone has the Australian comedy film Garbo from 1992?

Also after the Abel Ferrara documentaries Napoli Napoli Napoli, Searching for Padre Pio and Piazza Vittorio. They all seem to be on kg, but if anyone has them that would be handy (particularly the latter as the only rip there is over 12GB).

Hand Solo

Been trying to find this film since seeing it in the early 90s, someone recently clued me to what it was as one scene stuck in my head because it's really creepy in a kids film. Crowds of cult member children chanting for their weird flying meatball God `Slime-o', shafting people down a giant hole that transforms them into giant floating glitter vomiting meatballs, and the way everyone seems really happy about everything despite the sheer horror of what's going on around them. The Great Land Of Small.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: zomgmouse on June 30, 2020, 09:46:11 AM
Napoli Napoli Napoli,
I should be able to get this for you. The other two, no luck so far I'm afraid.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Hand Solo on June 30, 2020, 07:02:19 PM
The Great Land Of Small.
Downloading as we speak. I'll PM you a link when it's done.