Author Topic: Hard-to-find films and let's find them why don't we?  (Read 55292 times)

zomgmouse

• I love carrots
    • BEN VOLCHOK DOT COM
Re: Hard-to-find films and let's find them why don't we?
« Reply #540 on: July 01, 2020, 01:48:31 AM »
I should be able to get this for you. The other two, no luck so far I'm afraid.

That would be awesome, thank you!

chveik

• I feel like swimmin' in rat piss
« Reply #541 on: July 02, 2020, 01:15:44 AM »
I have a few new requests

The Graceful Brute (Yuzo Kawashima, 1962)
A Legend or Was It? (Keisuke Kinoshita, 1963)
Protagonist (Jessica Yu, 2007)

« Reply #542 on: July 02, 2020, 03:25:14 PM »
A Legend or Was It? (Keisuke Kinoshita, 1963)

Should have this somewhere, I'll get on it over the next couple of days.

À la Folie/Six Days, Six Nights (Diane Kurys)

If no-one else has sorted you, let me know.

chveik

• I feel like swimmin' in rat piss
« Reply #543 on: July 02, 2020, 03:27:56 PM »
thanks!

itsfredtitmus

• Fdnaki
« Reply #544 on: July 03, 2020, 07:39:59 AM »
anyone upload 'To stigma' (1982) for me?
thanks!

zomgmouse

• I love carrots
    • BEN VOLCHOK DOT COM
« Reply #545 on: July 03, 2020, 10:06:12 AM »
fred unrelated to your current request but earlier in this thread you requested Chameleon Street and I became curious and I watched it last week and it was TOPS. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

itsfredtitmus

• Fdnaki
« Reply #546 on: July 04, 2020, 09:25:37 AM »
fred unrelated to your current request but earlier in this thread you requested Chameleon Street and I became curious and I watched it last week and it was TOPS. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!
thats great :)

« Reply #547 on: July 20, 2020, 01:40:44 PM »

A friend mentioned Chameleon Street in conversation with me yesterday - it was the first time I'd ever heard of it and I can safely say it remains a (very) hard-to-find film, dammit. Which really does seem bizarre considering the kind of praise it's gathered over the years.

Famous Mortimer

• War - it's fantastic!
    • International Syndicate of Cult Film Critics
« Reply #548 on: July 20, 2020, 05:44:44 PM »
A friend mentioned Chameleon Street in conversation with me yesterday - it was the first time I'd ever heard of it and I can safely say it remains a (very) hard-to-find film, dammit. Which really does seem bizarre considering the kind of praise it's gathered over the years.
I'll see about popping it up on Youtube in a bit.

Famous Mortimer

• War - it's fantastic!
« Reply #549 on: July 20, 2020, 06:43:09 PM »
I'll see about popping it up on Youtube in a bit.
As soon as I uploaded it, it was removed for a terms of service violation. If you want to see it, I guess, I'm happy to send a copy via Google Drive.

« Reply #550 on: July 21, 2020, 05:51:23 AM »
As soon as I uploaded it, it was removed for a terms of service violation. If you want to see it, I guess, I'm happy to send a copy via Google Drive.

Thanks! That'd be great.

It seems to still turn up regularly at event screenings so they're still keeping it out there despite never re-releasing the DVD edition.

« Reply #551 on: Yesterday at 01:35:00 PM »
I've been looking for a movie called Swordswallowers & Thin Men for a while. It's a mumblecore type thing and features Zoe Kazan from The Big Sick etc. in her first ever role. Someone uploaded a few parts of it on YouTube in 2011 but most of it is missing. Can anyone help?

Famous Mortimer

• War - it's fantastic!
« Reply #552 on: Yesterday at 02:01:46 PM »
I've been looking for a movie called Swordswallowers & Thin Men for a while. It's a mumblecore type thing and features Zoe Kazan from The Big Sick etc. in her first ever role. Someone uploaded a few parts of it on YouTube in 2011 but most of it is missing. Can anyone help?
It seems very un-find-able. Best guess - it never got a proper release of any kind, and someone involved in the production uploaded it to YT (and copyright trolls have caused the parts to go missing). I guess you know this, but the director - Max Borenstein - is best known for writing all the new Kongs and Godzillas - I'd love to see a mumblecore Godzilla movie.

« Reply #553 on: Yesterday at 02:28:31 PM »
It seems very un-find-able. Best guess - it never got a proper release of any kind, and someone involved in the production uploaded it to YT (and copyright trolls have caused the parts to go missing). I guess you know this, but the director - Max Borenstein - is best known for writing all the new Kongs and Godzillas - I'd love to see a mumblecore Godzilla movie.

Yeah, I guess it's much more notable that Max Borenstein directed it (sorry Zoe)! Anyway, cheers! I might try hitting up the YouTube uploader but if that doesn't work, I doubt i'll ever see it.

magval

• Magnum Valentino
« Reply #554 on: Yesterday at 05:23:50 PM »
Anyone think they can find me a copy of On The Run, starring Sopranos lads Michael Imperioli and John Ventimiglia?

Famous Mortimer

• War - it's fantastic!
« Reply #555 on: Yesterday at 05:36:00 PM »
Anyone think they can find me a copy of On The Run, starring Sopranos lads Michael Imperioli and John Ventimiglia?
Would do, but the private tracker I just found it on only has a 4 GB DVD image, and my ratio is for shit at the moment. But it's there, and I'm sure a more conscientious downloader than me will be along in a mo.

Small Man Big Horse

• Writers wanted for comedy website, pls click below
« Reply #556 on: Yesterday at 07:23:44 PM »
Would do, but the private tracker I just found it on only has a 4 GB DVD image, and my ratio is for shit at the moment. But it's there, and I'm sure a more conscientious downloader than me will be along in a mo.

Ditto, they used to be great on changing the short term freeleech fairly often which helped me on the ratio front, but I think they've only done it about twice so far this year and so my ratio's a bit rubbish right now.

Tags: