Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:15:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Hard-to-find films and let's find them why don't we?

Started by zomgmouse, January 18, 2018, 05:06:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zomgmouse

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on June 30, 2020, 09:44:29 PM
I should be able to get this for you. The other two, no luck so far I'm afraid.

That would be awesome, thank you!

chveik

I have a few new requests

The Graceful Brute (Yuzo Kawashima, 1962)
A Legend or Was It? (Keisuke Kinoshita, 1963)
Protagonist (Jessica Yu, 2007)

Herbert Ashe

Quote from: chveik on July 02, 2020, 01:15:44 AM
A Legend or Was It? (Keisuke Kinoshita, 1963)

Should have this somewhere, I'll get on it over the next couple of days.

Quote from: wosl on June 29, 2020, 05:37:45 PM
À la Folie/Six Days, Six Nights (Diane Kurys)

If no-one else has sorted you, let me know.

chveik

itsfredtitmus

anyone upload 'To stigma' (1982) for me?
thanks!

zomgmouse

fred unrelated to your current request but earlier in this thread you requested Chameleon Street and I became curious and I watched it last week and it was TOPS. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

itsfredtitmus

Quote from: zomgmouse on July 03, 2020, 10:06:12 AM
fred unrelated to your current request but earlier in this thread you requested Chameleon Street and I became curious and I watched it last week and it was TOPS. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!
thats great :)

13 schoolyards

Quote from: zomgmouse on July 03, 2020, 10:06:12 AM

A friend mentioned Chameleon Street in conversation with me yesterday - it was the first time I'd ever heard of it and I can safely say it remains a (very) hard-to-find film, dammit. Which really does seem bizarre considering the kind of praise it's gathered over the years.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: 13 schoolyards on July 20, 2020, 01:40:44 PM
A friend mentioned Chameleon Street in conversation with me yesterday - it was the first time I'd ever heard of it and I can safely say it remains a (very) hard-to-find film, dammit. Which really does seem bizarre considering the kind of praise it's gathered over the years.
I'll see about popping it up on Youtube in a bit.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on July 20, 2020, 05:44:44 PM
I'll see about popping it up on Youtube in a bit.
As soon as I uploaded it, it was removed for a terms of service violation. If you want to see it, I guess, I'm happy to send a copy via Google Drive.

13 schoolyards

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on July 20, 2020, 06:43:09 PM
As soon as I uploaded it, it was removed for a terms of service violation. If you want to see it, I guess, I'm happy to send a copy via Google Drive.

Thanks! That'd be great.

It seems to still turn up regularly at event screenings so they're still keeping it out there despite never re-releasing the DVD edition.

sutin

I've been looking for a movie called Swordswallowers & Thin Men for a while. It's a mumblecore type thing and features Zoe Kazan from The Big Sick etc. in her first ever role. Someone uploaded a few parts of it on YouTube in 2011 but most of it is missing. Can anyone help?

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: sutin on August 10, 2020, 01:35:00 PM
I've been looking for a movie called Swordswallowers & Thin Men for a while. It's a mumblecore type thing and features Zoe Kazan from The Big Sick etc. in her first ever role. Someone uploaded a few parts of it on YouTube in 2011 but most of it is missing. Can anyone help?
It seems very un-find-able. Best guess - it never got a proper release of any kind, and someone involved in the production uploaded it to YT (and copyright trolls have caused the parts to go missing). I guess you know this, but the director - Max Borenstein - is best known for writing all the new Kongs and Godzillas - I'd love to see a mumblecore Godzilla movie.

sutin

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on August 10, 2020, 02:01:46 PM
It seems very un-find-able. Best guess - it never got a proper release of any kind, and someone involved in the production uploaded it to YT (and copyright trolls have caused the parts to go missing). I guess you know this, but the director - Max Borenstein - is best known for writing all the new Kongs and Godzillas - I'd love to see a mumblecore Godzilla movie.

Yeah, I guess it's much more notable that Max Borenstein directed it (sorry Zoe)! Anyway, cheers! I might try hitting up the YouTube uploader but if that doesn't work, I doubt i'll ever see it.

magval

Anyone think they can find me a copy of On The Run, starring Sopranos lads Michael Imperioli and John Ventimiglia?

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: magval on August 10, 2020, 05:23:50 PM
Anyone think they can find me a copy of On The Run, starring Sopranos lads Michael Imperioli and John Ventimiglia?
Would do, but the private tracker I just found it on only has a 4 GB DVD image, and my ratio is for shit at the moment. But it's there, and I'm sure a more conscientious downloader than me will be along in a mo.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on August 10, 2020, 05:36:00 PM
Would do, but the private tracker I just found it on only has a 4 GB DVD image, and my ratio is for shit at the moment. But it's there, and I'm sure a more conscientious downloader than me will be along in a mo.

Ditto, they used to be great on changing the short term freeleech fairly often which helped me on the ratio front, but I think they've only done it about twice so far this year and so my ratio's a bit rubbish right now.

prwc

A friend just alerted me of the existence of Welsh horror film Gwaed ar y Ser (1975). It seems it was shown on S4C in 2017. If anyone knows where I could see it please let me know!

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: prwc on September 22, 2020, 05:25:55 PM
A friend just alerted me of the existence of Welsh horror film Gwaed ar y Ser (1975). It seems it was shown on S4C in 2017. If anyone knows where I could see it please let me know!

It's not on Cinemageddon or myspleen sadly.

prwc

Quote from: prwc on September 22, 2020, 05:25:55 PM

I've managed to track this down, albeit without English subtitles sadly. If anyone wants it PM me. And on the off chance any Welsh speakers could translate it that'd be fantastic!

George White

Stilll can't find Klynham Summerthe Scarecrow.
Every times it comes up, it's a Soviet film also called SCarecrow.

zomgmouse

Having trouble finding Paul Schrader's Touch from 1997... any leads?

Small Man Big Horse

It's on Cinemageddon and I can get it for you, but the file size is oddly only 489.59 MB so the quality's presumably not going to be great.

zomgmouse

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on November 15, 2020, 11:56:00 AM
It's on Cinemageddon and I can get it for you, but the file size is oddly only 489.59 MB so the quality's presumably not going to be great.

Yes please, if you could! Thank you!

EDIT: I have managed to source a version with a separate audio track and splice them into one, however it would be good to compare that with the version you have found, just in case - if it's not too much bother of course!

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: zomgmouse on November 15, 2020, 11:50:32 PM
Yes please, if you could! Thank you!

EDIT: I have managed to source a version with a separate audio track and splice them into one, however it would be good to compare that with the version you have found, just in case - if it's not too much bother of course!

I've just uploaded this to mediafire and sent you the link, if anyone else wants it just let me know.

zomgmouse

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on November 16, 2020, 04:06:29 PM
I've just uploaded this to mediafire and sent you the link, if anyone else wants it just let me know.

Big many thank you!

Neomod

Has anyone seen Bad Behaviour (1993)? Doesn't seem to be streaming anywhere or on my usual locker-eque sources.

Very much in the spirit of Mike Leigh and set in my old stomping ground of Kentish Town as I recall.

Neomod

Quote from: Neomod on December 27, 2020, 05:19:00 PM
Has anyone seen Bad Behaviour (1993)? Doesn't seem to be streaming anywhere or on my usual locker-eque sources.

Very much in the spirit of Mike Leigh and set in my old stomping ground of Kentish Town as I recall.

Many thanks to
Spoiler alert
a hero
[close]
[nb]who may wish to remain nameless[/nb] who furnished me with a copy.

I'd forgotten Rea's character works on the floor below where I temped at Camden Council back in the 90's[nb]BRITPOP![/nb]

Lovely stuff.

sutin

I've been looking for a TV movie called Junk for some time. It's an adaption of the Melvin Burgess teen novel from 1999. It is actually all on YouTube but in unwatchable quality (it's as if the frame rate has been slowed down). Thank you!

zomgmouse

Having trouble finding a copy of French Provincial (Souvenirs d'en France) by André Téchiné in a decent quality and file size. Any leads?