Author Topic: Hard-to-find films and let's find them why don't we?  (Read 71957 times)

zomgmouse

• I love carrots
    • BEN VOLCHOK DOT COM
Re: Hard-to-find films and let's find them why don't we?
« Reply #570 on: February 02, 2021, 05:38:01 AM »
Harry Macqueen's Hinterland is frustratingly difficult to locate...

« Reply #571 on: February 02, 2021, 06:14:28 AM »
Looking for this one bastard of a film I saw on TV back in the early 2000's. Can't remember anything about the title or who was in it, but I remember it was about this town in the midwestern US where they had some kind of bastard spider-monster that roamed late at night, and they sold souvenirs and T-shirts and shit commemorating the monster as if it was just a joke. But the thing was real, and late at night the protagonist encountered it, and killed it, and I think there were babies of the thing, too? I swear I'm not making it up.

Late eighties to late nineties, most likely. Had an aesthetic and direction style like Critters.

that sounds like the plot of several Richard Laymon novels, though he never really got an adaption IIRC outside of indie fan films.

There's a French film I've always wished I could remember the name of. I saw it late night on BBC2 in the late 90s. It was pretty modern then (80s/early 90s I think) and was a fairly low key film about a woman's life, often in her apartment. Her bedroom had green walls and she was hanging out on the bed, possibly with a bf. She was naked in one scene and the camera kind of looked up to her face from her tummy as she talked. She was kind of gender neutral/boyish looking with curly short brown hair. It's not a famous film like Breathless, Amelie, or Betty Blue. I think the name of the film was just her name and it was something like "Geraldine" or "Gertrude".

« Reply #572 on: February 03, 2021, 01:50:59 PM »
Maeve is slated for release in May by the BFI. Blu-ray only but at least it will be out there. I wonder if the extras will explain the presence of Gotobed and his contribution to the soundtrack with Simmons. Radio On will also get a blu-ray upgrade and that has a contribution by Bruce Gilbert!

zomgmouse

• I love carrots
    • BEN VOLCHOK DOT COM
« Reply #573 on: February 03, 2021, 11:08:01 PM »
Maeve is slated for release in May by the BFI. Blu-ray only but at least it will be out there. I wonder if the extras will explain the presence of Gotobed and his contribution to the soundtrack with Simmons. Radio On will also get a blu-ray upgrade and that has a contribution by Bruce Gilbert!

Great news!
I've seen Radio On but Maeve has been elusive for years.

zomgmouse

• I love carrots
    • BEN VOLCHOK DOT COM
« Reply #574 on: February 16, 2021, 05:21:50 AM »
Kristoffer's House (Kristoffers hus) (1979)
A Street to Die (1985)
Evening Liaison (Ren yue huang hun) (1995)
Public Toilet (2002)

Dex Sawash

• Silver Member
  • Upph√§ngningspunkterna
« Reply #575 on: February 16, 2021, 11:45:19 AM »

Rizla

• That's not another knife - THIS is another knife!
« Reply #576 on: February 16, 2021, 04:47:22 PM »
Anyone remember a BBC (I think) drama from late 90s/early 00s, partly filmed during the Edinburgh Festival, about a Bill Hicks-esque edgy standup comic? There was a scene where he almost rides off Arthur's Seat on a big motorbike, and bits set in Noo Yoik where he was dishing out cartons of cigarettes and cans of bud to the local youth? It was probably shite but I would still like to find it.

Re-reminded of this annoying bastard having just seen the Guardian piece about Festival, the 2005 Annie Griffin flick. Doing my head in that I can't find anything about it online. Maybe it was so shit it's been buried. I can picture the lead actor and everything. Anyone else remember it?

« Reply #577 on: February 16, 2021, 05:28:32 PM »

zomgmouse

• I love carrots
    • BEN VOLCHOK DOT COM
« Reply #578 on: February 17, 2021, 03:06:09 AM »

Tags: