Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:03:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Comedy People In Unexpected Places

Started by magval, January 18, 2018, 03:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregory Torso

Just remembered Eddie Izzard eating his own leg in the TV series "Hannibal".

Barry Beano

Benedict Wong in Dr Strange and the new Avengers film.

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: Barry Beano on May 03, 2018, 01:05:36 PMBenedict Wong in Dr Strange and the new Avengers film.

Playing a character called Wong, and alongside a fellow Benedict (Cummerbund)

Gregory Torso

Quote from: Gregory Torso on May 02, 2018, 04:33:03 PM
Just remembered Eddie Izzard eating his own leg in the TV series "Hannibal".

Scott Thompson is in it as well, mate.

Blue Jam

lipsink

Colin McFarlane and the pilot from Father Ted in Batman Begins was an unexpected one. (And the singer from James playing a serial rapist was odd too)

Quote from: lipsink on May 03, 2018, 05:39:34 PM
Colin McFarlane and the pilot from Father Ted in Batman Begins was an unexpected one. (And the singer from James playing a serial rapist was odd too)

Tim Booth had been trying to break into acting for a while and he thought he'd hit the jackpot as major Batman villain Victor Zasz. He appeared for 10 seconds without saying a word and was never seen again*.

*Unless you play the video game where Zasz is a major antagonist, properly fleshed out and voiced by Booth.

Blue Jam

Some more video game examples:

Peter Serafinowicz in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided as Duncan McReady, the boss of gruff-voiced cunt Adam Jensen:

https://youtu.be/-Kfw6rQ6Tyc

Benedict Wong as Alex Yu in Prey, sounding like a New York gangster rather than a chirpy Mancunian lodger [spoiler warning]:

https://youtu.be/cYrhCOKUH2k

Stephen Merchant in Portal 2:

https://youtu.be/o-4hFlokhIw

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Tim Key, Patrick Marber and Rob Brydon all turn up - not at the same time - in Trust, the rather good Danny Boyle miniseries about the fucked up Getty clan. Brydon plays Richard Nixon, of all people. Key and Marber are instantly recognisable in their brief scenes, but Brydon's cameo is a real blink-and-you'll-miss it job.

mjwilson

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on May 03, 2018, 06:11:05 PM
Tim Booth had been trying to break into acting for a while and he thought he'd hit the jackpot as major Batman villain Victor Zasz. He appeared for 10 seconds without saying a word and was never seen again.

"major"

Clownbaby

Quote from: Thomas on January 18, 2018, 05:27:43 PM
A few faces, including our man, appear in Richard Ayoade's The Double (2013).

Sat through it for that alone because I'm sad
It was quite a good film though

Jockice

I saw Toby Foster in a sandwich shop once. Does that count?